“8 days in Paradise!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“8 days in Paradise!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our stay was amazing..the food, the views, the service, the rooms, the drinks, the staff...exceeded our expectations!!!! I want to say thank you to Cuchi, James Bond, Gasolina, for our daily entertainment at the pool! You rocked it...Lilly, Noami, Juan and Emilio for our daily dose of happiness and beautiful smiles from you to make us feel so at home and special. Pedro, the General Manager, Thank you sir for honoring us with a memorable private dinner, the food was amazing and the hospitality unforgetable. You should be a very very proud man for the professionalism, over the top service and genuine character of each and every one of your staff members. Always smiling, always happy and always ready willing and able to make our stay EXCELLENTE!!!! On our first morning walking into the World Cafe (amazing spread!!! definitely foodie heaven) we met George! George...he made our trip WONDERFUL. we did not want need or wait for anything because George made sure we had everything we could possibly need...plus on this trip. He was polite, professional, and on the ball!!! Dinner reservations, drinks, he would have our table ready and waiting for us every morning...he knew who wanted diet coke with breakfast, who wanted half/half coffee...orange juice...he is AWESOME. making us drinks and making sure that if he wasn't around his co-workers made sure we were good too!!! It was awesome, amazing, wonderful...EXCELLENTE!!!! Our group, Brenda and Craig, Dawn and Greg and Angel left the resort feeling as though we left family...we were treated as Kings and Queens! We will be back! I promise,!!!! For those of you frantically reading all the reviews and comments...know this...you will not be disappointed. you will have the most relaxing, stress free vacation you could ever want...we did...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brenda P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,715)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
New Palestine, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at Dreams Palm Beach from February 11th thru the 16th. We have stayed at plenty of All Inclusives and this by far was the best. Service: the staff at Dreams was unbelievable. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Jorge from World Cafe was awesome. He would find us at the pool to make sure we were taken care of. We had one problem with the 3rd party photo people, but we contacted the manager, Pedro, and he took care of the problem very quickly. The photo people are not staffed by Dreams, which explains why that was our only problem. Food: as far as any all inclusive, the food is never really that good. At Dreams I thought the food was wonderful. I had the best Mahi Mahi at the Seaside Grill. Our anniversary fell while we were there and we ate at Himitsu with friends. Very entertaining and the chef even let my husband go chop chicken and cook. Rooms: I don't know why people give rooms such low ratings. I feel like if they are clean and I can sleep and shower in them then that is good enough for me. We enjoyed the resort so much we were barely in our room. The maids were in every day twice a day and kept the mini bar stocked. Pools and grounds: very clean. Dreams staff were always cleaning. The beach was beautiful and they were constantly cleaning seaweed to keep it clean. Entertainment: The best night was when they had Mardi Gras. We had the best time dancing. By far the best entertainment at any resort we have been to. Staff: I have to tip my hat to the following staff members at the resort for making our trip awesome: Jorge (World Cafe), Elvis (bartender) and Pedro (manager) and Cucui (Entertainment). If I could bottle all 4 of them up and take them to our next trip I would. We traveled with a group (work) and my husband and I are already talking about planning a trip in the fall with some of the people that went with us. Everyone had a great time. I have already recommended this resort to several people since coming back. I hope it works out that we will be able to go back later in the year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jdenzio
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Receive the warmest greetings from sunny Dreams Palm Beach. We would like to express our most sincere appreciation for posting such a delightful and positive comment and for having chosen us as your vacation destination in Punta Cana.

It is flattering to read that we were able to fulfill your expectations and that we were able to make this vacation ‘the best vacation ever’. Thank you for your recognition towards our hard staff. We will make sure your comments are passed on to them.

On behalf of Mr. Pedro Tomas, our GM and the entire Dream’s staff we would like to say that it was a pleasure to have served you and we will all be waiting for your next visit.

Warmest regards,

St. John's' NL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were at the resort from Feb.24-Mar.03/13. Short ride from the airport and check in was very steamlined. The lobby and check in desk are very dated and the lobby furniture looks worn, so when I saw it i started to worry about our room and the rest of the resort. I should not have worried at all! Our room was typical with 2 double beds, tv, bar fridge, safe, big closet, lots of drawers and it was spotless. Very clean and fresh. The bathroom also looked dated but it was meticulous. By the way, our fridge stopped working so I called down to the desk and someone was up to our room in 10 minutes and replaced it with a new one. The room was thoroughly cleaned every morning and we had turn down service at night at no extra charge. Plenty of towels and the fridge was always stocked. AC and ceiling fan worked well. Very quiet on the second floor with a garden view. Our 7 year old slept like a baby.
The buffet was typical and the food was good including an omelett station, lots of fruit and it was very clean. Once again, the World Cafe (the buffet area) is dated but who cares. They had champagne and orange juice every morning served by the sweetest, most obliging people I ever met. The a la carte restaurants were exceptional and no reservations or limits on how many times you may dine there. The Italian, Mexican, and Japanese places were great but the Seaside Grill which serves seafood and steak was fantastic! The food and service were outstanding and I challenge anyone to find a better steak anywhere. The Coco Cafe serves latte, cappucino ,etc., all day along with very delicious pastries and sanwiches. Immaculate and great service. We did not eat at the French resturant because it is adults only. We had a dinner on the beach with a private waiter and special menu including beef tenderloin and lobster to celebrate my husband's birthday at extra cost but it was sooo worth it. The meal was 5 courses and it was all delicious, and the beautiful table set up on the beach was a perfect, quiet setting. We felt like we were the only people on the resort. Our waiter Carlos was outstanding.
The pool area had lots of chairs and the towels were plentiful. The pool area was very clean and the wait staff will bring your drinks to you while you relax. Typical swim up bar with lots of sweet fruity stuff but also premium liquor like Dewar's, Molson, Jim Beam, etc. The best Mojito I ever drank!
The beach was great with lots of powdery white sand and turquiose water. Lots of sea grass but the staff work to clear it all the time. My family didn't mind it, I mean it's not like it's garbage. Vendors are on the beach but they don't approach anyone. If you are interested you go to them and they haggle like pros. Lots of non motorized water sports for free and available parasailing, diving and reef fishing. Lots of activities available during the day and
night for adults and children including beach volley ball, beach soccer, aerobics, bingo, sketching and cooking classes, etc. We went to a karaoke night on the beach, and I know it's corny but my family had a ball. The entertainment staff are tireless.
There were no bugs and few mosquitos. No ants or anything gross lurking in the bushes. There are birds everywhere but they are little songbirds and are cute.
We ate well, slept well, were entertained and looked after like royalty. The staff were pleasant and friendly always and paid particular attention to the needs of my daughter. They made her feel really special. I never felt pressure to tip but we did because the staff deserved it.
We stayed at the Gran Bahai Principe in Runaway Bay Jamaica last year and Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana is far superior. We will be visiting again!
The only negatives would be dated decor, staff has limited English so it would be great if you spoke Spanish, but you can get by; we managed and the only Spanish I know is from Dora the Explorer. I have no qualms recommending this resort to any family for a great vacation.

Room Tip: I feel the rooms facing the pool are noisy and would not be suitable for people who go to bed early.
1 Thank Jocelyn F
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Travelled to Dreams Punta Cana Jan.27-Feb.10, 2013, 2 families with children (8, 7, 7,4 - all girls).

First of all we had a great time and would return to this resort! The food was very good, 6 a la carte restaurants and we never had to wait for any of them and no reservations required. The buffet was also very good. We enjoyed the coffee shop, lobby bar, casino and beach grill. The staff are wonderful and provide great service without expecting tips. abby, bella and pinky from the kids club were amazing! pedro ( the general manager) was also often seen walking around the resort and very approachable. Maria ( casino) was very friendly and we love the different coloured eye shadow! The shows were good, jerk and magic show were the best. Angel from the preferred club always served us with a smile! The beach was nice and the water so warm. The staff did a great job cleaning up the seaweed when it was present.

We were first given rooms in building 9 on the main floor which were far from everything so next day we asked to move and ended up in room 2209 which was close to pools, beach, etc. Rooms are a good size, linens and beds are nice, only downside is the bathroom which could use an update and the shower could really use a full size door. Housekeeping was great and our room was always cleaned twice per day and always had plenty of towels. Even when there was no water due to water pump failure, the staff did a great job keeping all bathrooms clean.

Pools were nice and never overcrowded. We were always able to find chairs by the pool and by the beach. The depths of the pools vary and all are deeper that the 3ft stated on the the side, more like 4-5 feet. Hot tub is for adults only and for use of preferred guest. Hot tub was not very hot.

All in all, a great resort.

1 Thank Gina S
Dear Gina,

Greetings from sunny, warm Dreams Palm Beach. We would like to first of all thank you for having chosen us to spend this past vacation; know that is was an honor to have had you here at our resort. We are very thankful for such marvelous comments that are quite flattering and at the same time encouraging to all our staff.

We are glad that you enjoyed all our hotel facilities such as the beach pool and room and that your children enjoyed our kids club. We are very proud of our hard working staff; rest assured your comments will be passed on to them.

It was an honor to have served you and on behalf of Mr. Pedro Tomas and all our Dreams staff we look forward to visit number two. Hope to be able to welcome you to your home away from home.

Warm regards,

Harlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just returned from a week trip to Punta Cana a long way for a week but was worth it. After reading some reviews was a bit worried but the 5 of us had a lovely time the people were very friendly and helpful and although it was their winter it was 80's and comfortable to sit in with a breeze. Hector was great getting drinks for us.my husband was ill before we went he looked much better after. The food was good and a good choice no matter what time you ate. They cooked Paella fresh on the beach and BBQ the entertainment was there if you wanted it. we were in the 5101 rooms and was near the beach and pool with a swim up bar. This was our first time in the Dominican Republic and was just 20mins from airport they got you through fast but we did have our private transfer which was good. Just one thing my son had a room that was a bit musky due to air con and water I think.the other two were ok. Spa was new and had best massage ever.

Room Tip: Rooms in block 5 were ok and near to beach water sports and swimming pool
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I just returned from a 4 day vacation with my maid-of -honor to check out the resort before my wedding day this coming fall. It was totally worth the trip to see exactly what to expect before all my guests make their final bookings. The resort isn't as big as some other resorts I have been to in Punta Cana, but for the purpose of a wedding with 60 guests, I wouldn't have a difficult time finding any of them. The staff at the resort are amazing!!! No matter where you are, you will always find great hosts entertaining you and making you feel at home. For those thinking of a wedding destination, this resort has an amazing wedding department. I was assigned a great wedding co-ordinator Julie who was patient, kind and more than accommodating.

The resort itself was well maintained. The staff worked really hard cleaning the pools, the beach area and the gardens daily. The buildings aren't as new as some of the other resorts I've stayed at, but again the staff do a great job with the upkeeping of eveything.

We stayed in a deluxe tropical view room, which was your standard room. The air conditioning was perfect, and there was a ceilng fan which was nice too. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the bathroom, which could use some updating and the shower could use some redesigning. Fortunately, we had the opportunity to see some of the other room categories. So if your room and/or bathroom make a difference, you should upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi or if you want to go all out, get a honeymoon suite (both are very nice!).

My overall expereince was amazing and we look forward to returning to the resort and seeing all the friendly faces again!

1 Thank penelope129
Dear Penelope,

Receive the warmest Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We would like to thank you for having chosen us as your pre-wedding vacation destination and for giving us the honor to celebrate such an important event as will be your wedding. Congratulations in advance!

We are glad the resort lived up to your expectations and that you were able to coordinate and plan all the wedding details with Julie, who have successfully delivered excellent weddings in the past; know that you are in great hands.

We can’t wait to start celebrating with you next fall. See you soon!

Kindest regards,

Union, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was a last minute decision over Mexico. The service was out of sight!! The butler team of Wilson, Jose and Carlos met every single need we had. If you do not sign up for this service you are missing the best thing here. Every one was super friending and helpful from Fermin Perez at the front door to Yulie showing us how to Zumba!!! The sommelier, Manuel, pick out a perfect wine every night!!

Rating: DOUBLE EXCELLANTA