We have traveled extensively using Apple in Mexico and the Dominican. We normally stay at a 5 or 6 golden Apple. We had stayed at this particular hotel in 2008 when it was a Suncape and just bought by Dreams. This was close to the airport and is a smaller resort. We did like that. We booked a regular room and not in the preferred area. The room was okay but had not really changed any from our last stay. The bathroom was really tiny with no room for anything. We had problems with our TV and our toilet the first 24 hours. After discussions with the management staff on our issues trying to get things fixed they decided to move us. So.... Down we go to the beach into a suite! Two baths, living room, dining room, 2 tv's, and a gorgeous bathroom with a whirlpool tub. We received champagne and chocolates one night, fruit another, and wine and cheese. A absolute gorgeous place. Now this is the 6 apple you see in the brochures and on the internet. So we ended up very happy. We would not have been in our original room. They had 5 ala-cart restaurants which did not require reservations.
Asian, Seaside Grill and Italian we like the best. Mexican and French were just okay. They had new loungers by the pool which were comfortable but the ones on the beach were getting worn out. Beach cafe served the same food every day. Only one pool bar and no beach bar. Staff walked around but it was hard to get a drink. Beach seemed to have seaweed coming ashore some days. We were there 8 days and about half the time it was there to walk through.
Overall since we ended up with a great room, food was pretty good, weather was great, we did enjoy our selves at this resort. It just needs some updating in some of the rooms. If you stay in a suite or the preferred the rooms are more like 6 apple rooms should be. This is a below average 6 Apple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro