Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Be Live Collection Punta Cana(Punta Cana)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Royal Bavaro(Punta Cana)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Naragua(Punta Cana)
  • Restaurant
11,165 results
All reviewsseaside grillpreferred clubworld cafepedro tomascoco cafeentertainment teamcandy manpreferred poolpreferred areaexplorers clubel patiopreferred roomfrench restauranthoneymoon suitelobby barwedding coordinatorsteak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I normally dont bother writing reviews, but our trip to Dream Palm Beach in Dom Rep needs talking about.

This was our 2nd trip to a dreams resort, having had a wonderful time at Dreams La Romana (so much so that my in-laws promptly booked and enjoyed a trip at La Romana shortly after our return). So based on this it was with joy that we booked and upgraded to this resort expecting a better, or at least just as good a trip as we had to DLR.

I dont want to write a big long boring review, but suffice to say that everything from the room, food, restaurants to the pool were below being described as poor. I had a very poor stomach 10 out of the 14 days away, so much so that I had to cut short most of my dives as I couldnt be seperated from a bathroom for any period of time. And this was a very common complaint around the resort. Personally, I feel that the 'delly belly' was caused by a lot of pressure being put on bar staff and not having the time to clean the glasses properly.

When we brought these points and many, many more to the managements attention, we were offered an upgrade should we want to return. However unless this Dreams improves significantly, or the upgrade was transferable to La Romana, it will be an offer that will sadly remain unused.

However, not all doom and gloom. Jose, the pool waiter at the prefered club pool always went above and beyond to offer great service with a constant smile.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank neilaylward
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have never had a better vacation than I did at the Dreams Palm Beach. We arrived on Feb. 2nd and were greeted at the check-in desk by a waitress with champagne. Our room was nice and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The stocked refrigerator contained soda, water and beer and was restocked daily. The resort is not overly large. The beach wasn't the best mostly due to seaweed washed up on the shore, but that's not the resorts fault. We only had to walk about 10 minutes up the beach away from the resorts to get to a nicer section. The pools and the grounds are clean and inviting.

The best thing that The Dreams Palm Beach has going for it are it's employees. We met many wonderful people on our trip. Not only other guests, but the staff as well. I have never felt more at home on a vacation than I did at Dreams. On our 2nd night we dined at El Patio (Mexican theme) and were waited on by the manager Angel Liranzo. Angel went out of his way to treat us like family. From that day on we looked forward to visiting with him for a few minutes and his restaurant was the only one we went to twice. The food at all the restaurants was very good to excellent. I should note that like many all-inclusive resorts you do not need reservations for dinner (which means you don't need to get up at 7 am to make your reservation for the evening). We never waited more than a couple of minutes for a seat.
Then there is the entertainment. During the day, there are games and events for anyone who want to participate. The games can earn you Dream Dollars which are for use at an auction held every other night prior. Each night there is a different show in the conference center. Some of the shows come from outside, but at least every other night the show was
put on by the entertainment staff. Our favorite entertainers are Supito and James Bond (yes that's his real name). They even convinced me to sing karaoke on my last night (good thing it was my last night - it wasn't pretty).

We also enjoyed our daily visits to the swim-up bar. Milton (our favorite bartender at Dreams) would make up a different "Milton Special" frozen drink each day. We never had to wait more than a few minutes to get a drink at the pool bar. In fact, I don't recall waiting more than 5 minutes to get a drink at any of the bars.

We also had the opportunity to meet the Dreams Resort GM, Pedro Tomas. He is very passionate about making sure the guests are having the best possible experience and it is evident that he has passed this passion to his staff. Everyone was friendly. The few that I mentioned earlier we personally connected with, but to a person everyone on the staff was friendly.

We ended up staying for 8 days (we got one extra "bonus" day due to our charter flight being cancelled due to a snow storm at home) just another day in paradise. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Firstly not sure why people are complaining? Iv been to lots of Caribbean destinations and this hotel is the BEST. The location... Perfect
The staff..... So friendly
The food..... Great choice
The entertainment..... WoW! Very good for both adults and kids. There was volleyball everyday, aqua gym, Zumba class, merengue lessons.
Everyone was made to feel like a family there. If you want to have a enjoyable, relaxing, entertaining holiday with lots of sunshine and good vibes and even more great value for money stay here.
I stayed in Barbados a year ago and spend 3 times the amount on that hol and didn't have as much fun or luxury as at the dreams palm beach. Only complaint I had was having to go home.
If your reading this don't listen to the bad comments. This holiday was fantastic.... A must.

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank KTmmp
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Sorry a bit late as we stayed in November 2012 .
Had considered the Dominican as a poorer quality carribean BUT OH how wrong was I,this hotel has it all.The rooms were great ,we booked a queen bed but was offered a king on arrival which we refused and although we accepted it for a night we were promised a queen the next day and they duly obliged .the rooms are spacious and clean ,the only criticism being that the turndown service was always too early as we were not ready for bed at 7 pm .
The food in the restaraunts was lovely and I thoroughly recommend the Italian a la carte and the ribeye in the seafood bar grill is to die for!
The staff are very helpful and polite,there is even waitress service around the pool which is a bonus,the coffee shop is wonderful ,like having a Starbucks on site and the cakes are delicious and great to have that included in your all inclusive.
Elvis is a star at the swim up bar ,although there are some smokers who like to smoke whilst in the pool which is a no no (hotel management take note).
Bar areas at night can be crowded but I guess that's anywhere and the cocktails are good .
All in all this is a great hotel and loved the Dominican just wished we had been sooner .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank aylott817
Reviewed February 13, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were taken care of !! It started with Robinson ( bell hop ) welcoming us home, after that the service just got better. My wife and I work very hard for our vacations and expect nothing less than 100% value for our money we got that at Dreams. The food was excellent the entertainment great and the service was fantastic, always with a big smile, tip or not you get the same service from all the people at Dreams, in short genuine kindess that you can feel. We stayed in the Preffered Club part of the hotel and with the little extras, private pool and jaccuzzi, beach side resto, private beach and lounge serving premuim brands found it to be worth the extra money. For my wife and I the people can make a huge difference in a vacation and having travelled to the DR for almost 30 yrs know the people there are great, this was proven again at Dreams from Juan Daniel whos job it was to clean up the beach, he made sure our hut area was clean all the time and provided us with an ashtray everyday, to German who served lunch and drinks on the beach, he would see your glass empty and bring you another drink without having to ask. Rey, Cristina and Carlos at the seaside grill were excellente!!( as the staff always say when you ask them how they are) to Tony Montana (buffet) as he liked to call himself, Mr Perfecto, Petronila, Rosa and the list goes on. Overall a fantastic trip, looking forward to going back next year, your friends from Punta Canada.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple