“Going to a Wedding!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Going to a Wedding!!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have recently came back from visting the Dreams Palm Beach Hotel & Resort and I can not say enough about this place. Well if this tells you anything we are going back in May.
I have read all the reviews that have come in and I am sorry to hear that people were not happy with this resort. I know it does costs a lot to go and we should get what we pay for but really people? Is everything perfect where you live? No! We were in a group of 50 and we were there for a wedding and I don't think there was one person who did not have a great time. The whole staff at Dreams were nothing but excellente.. It made me come home and I now go to work and say I love my job. thanks simon. My only complaint is please get rid of the vendors that come in and try to sell you stuff. That is such a turn off.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeep296
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please receive a warm greeting from Dreams Palm Beach. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other reviewers and for choosing us to spend this upcoming vacation.

It is makes us really happy to read that you found our staff to be excellent and that we were able to fulfill all expectations as it is one of our main goals.

Please know that this is your home away from home and that it was truly a pleasure to serve you; we are looking forward to welcoming you in May.

Warmest regards,

Cabeza de Toro, La Altagracia Dominican Republic
Tel:(809)552-6000 Ext. 1719
operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,761)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed at this resort from October 30th to November 13th. By far this is the best resort holiday we have ever had. The food, staff, hotel grounds and rooms are superb. I laugh when i read the negative reviews and can only think that people write them so they can claim some money back from their travel insurance?!
Well worth the upgrade to preferred club. We booked before we went so were able to pre-advise that we needed a ground floor room due to walking difficulties. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. Ray, Tita, Christina and Oscar in the seaside grill were all outstanding. All the preferred staff were extremely professional at all times - a credit to Isabelle.
This hotel truly cares about its customers and will go the extra mile to address concerns.
In response to Angelo S' comment about the quality of the preferred club sunbeds on the beach - My wife and I were sitting on the beach on the 11th November - the day he wrote his review - and we wondered why all the preferred club loungers on the beach were being swapped for the better quality metal ones! Now I know why when i read his comment. That surely shows how much the staff care and truly wish to address any issue.
We met many other couples who had a fantastic time and couldn't understand the mixed review.
We only ate in the buffet for one breakfast and one lunch just to try it but decided that the other a la carte restaurants were so good there was no point in serving yourself unless you had kids who wanted the choice or you needed to pile your plate high!
In response to one earlier comment about the power cut and subsequent meal on the beach....Yes there was a power cut on one after noon that went from 2pm until about 8pm due to needing to make repairs due to hurricane Sandy passing through. The ridiculous complaints that people were making were totally ridiculous. We sat on our patio with candles and a bottle of wine and laughed at some really silly people who just wanted to complain. The fact was that the cut was necessary to save us having a risk of 4 to 5 days without power which was made very clear to everyone from a polite letter in every room from management.
For the management to them put on a special meal the following night for all affected, on the beach with circus entertainment and barbeque - including steak, lobster and amazing food....how can anyone complain??? Seriously - the problem can't be the hotel or the staff if you really complain about this. My suggestion would be - stay at home and annoy your neighbours. You should go on holiday to enjoy and relax - exactly what this hotel offers and succeeds in very well.
A special mention should be made to the whole management team but especially Pedro the General Manager. How refreshing to see a visible, hands on manager who spends time getting to meet customers, walking around the grounds dealing with any issues and caring enough to set up a special meal as an apology to affected guests. Your hotel is a credit to yourself and your staff - great job with many thanks.
We will be re-booking for next year which is something I have never done in all my years travelling. Thanks for a wonderful break.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CaiBudd
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just returned after a 14 day stay. Halfway through we upgraded to preferred club suite which was worthwhile. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. Special thanks to Jose in the coffee shop, Angel at the preferred club pool, Isobel in the preferred club and GM Pedro for all his assistance and kindest.

We will definitely be back already looking dates and will want a suite again!

Room Tip: Go for a suite if you have a family you will definitely have more space and they will put two single...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Karen M
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from sunny Dreams Palm Beach. We appreciate you took the time to share your comments and experiences with others and for having chosen us to spend this past vacations.

We are delighted to read that we were able to meet your expectations and that our vibrant, friendly and hardworking staff was able to make your stay even more pleasurable. Rest assured that your comments will be passed along to our staff members.

We will be waiting, for you here at your home away from home for your next vacations. See you soon!

Best regards,

Cabeza de Toro, La Altagracia Dominican Republic
Tel:(809)552-6000 Ext. 1719
operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com
Plainfield, Indiana
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently visited Dreams Palm in the Dominican Republic 10-13-12 to 10-20-12. I had the best vacation ever. Beautiful grounds, beaches,pools, and the best food ever! Fresh fruit and fruit juices every day!Also some of the best chocolate I've ever had!I was there over my Birthday and the staf made me feel at home! The concierge Jose Abreu made sure our stay was wonderful along with so many of his staff, German, Miguel, Nestor, and Christina to name a few. They wanted you to have a good time and relax! My only complaint was its very humid there and their idea of air conditioning is different, a little too hot at times, but the atmosphere makes up for any discomfort. The people working this resort, work constantly to fill your ever want.Need a break go to Dreams Palms for a relaxing joyful vacation!! Monica

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Monica C
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have stayed at the Dreams from 10/07-10/11. It was my wife and I with our three year old daughter and my parents.

I have read a lot of reviews for this resort and I do agree with some not so good and good reviews but wanted to voice my opinion. I have been debating if I should give the resort a 4 or a 5 star. I will tell you why.

The resort is about 15-20 minutes from the airport, no problems there. The check in was fast and our rooms were okay. Just like some of the other reviews, the clock did not work and the fridge was not that cold but we did not care for any of that. We stayed in building eight.

The staff was great, everybody was nice and accommodating. We used the Explorer club daily. Our daughter loved it! Absolutely loved it! The staff at the club was great: Patrician, Awilda, Dayana, and Lucy. My daughter spent almost 6 hours there one day. She would hide from us when we come to pick her up. I also like that they would give you cell phones so you are reachable at all times. They have activities every half an hour and they keep the kids entertained.

Now food, we only ate at the buffet which was great for us. They do have 4 restaurants but we did not go since we liked the convenience of the buffet. My daughter loved Tony and Lucy at the World Café. Again, the staff was great and helpful.

Now for the reason why I have been considering about giving the resort 4 vs 5 stars… sea weed at the beach. For the first 2 days, the sea weed was not that bad so we didn’t have an issue but our last two days the sea weed was really a problem. For people who like hanging out at the pool, this is not an issue. We like the ocean and there was a lot of sea weed in the water. They have a cleaning crew that is raking the weed on a daily basis. I know this is not the resorts fault and it’s the same for everybody in that area.

We voiced our opinion to management and Jose Abreau (the Chief Concierge) was very accommodating and sent us to a nearby beach with a boat for free, which was amazing. He even offered a special dinner for us at the French restaurant in the VIP room where we could take out 3 year old as well (children are not usually allowed in the French restaurant). Again, the staff was very accommodating and that is the reason why I decided to give this resort 5 stars.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MiroY72
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just finished a one week vacation at Dreams Palm Beach. This is an excellent resort if you have a family. The size of the resort makes it easy to keep an eye on your children, but also let them have some freedom. The kids Explorers club is phenomenal. Ysabel, Elizabeth, and Awilda do an excellent job of entertaining the children with games and fun from morning until night. They do such a great job that the kids would rather be at Explorers than spending time with their parents. AWESOME! The entertainment team was fun and made the week interesting. Although, we never did get all of there real names, Thomas, Will Smit, Gasolina, James Bond, and Richard made sure my whole family had a great week. Food at the resort is good, with selections for all. They cleaned our rooms three times a day, which is nice to get the wet towels out of the room. The beach area is nice. They have a grill where they cook hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch which is nice. Freddy the cook did a great job. The ocean water had some issues with seaweed, but it was the week after Hurricane Sandy. On the positive side, there is no rock in the ocean that cuts up your feet which we have dealt with at other resorts in the Dominican. I would highly recommend this resort as a great place to get away for the week. This was our second stay there and most likely will not be our last.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank M-P-E-06
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We styed at DPB Nov2-9. We were greeted with a cold towel and champagne on arrival. We were also offerred to upgrade to the perferred side for $250 which we turned down. We did however upgrade to VIP for $99 for the week. We were provided a cell phone to call Wilson & Jose whenever we needed anything or had questions. They were both fantastic and made sure to see us everyday and ask if we needed anything.

Room: was spacious, clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable for being a resort bed. It was cleaned daily with nightly turn down service. The mini bar was restocked daily and we were delivered a daily "newspaper" from canada to keep up on important details. Our room faced the pool/lobby. It probably would have been nicer to face the back as the shows at n ight were loud.

Pool: The pool was great! the only down fall was trying to get a chair around the pool. There were signs and it was posted on the daily event posters that there were no "saving" of lounge chairs around the pool or belongings would be removed by security after 15min. well this did not happen. there would be maybe 20 people in the pool and no chairs as they were all saved by towels and belongings. even the orange towels from the perferred section would save loungers, like come on they have thier own private pool! Bar service around the pool was great, it was clean and we watched them even wipe the tiles down each day.

Beach: was lovely. always a chair and papula to be found. Only one guy on beach asking for you to buy cigars, however we told him we don't smoke and didn't get asked again all week. The water was great, yes there was seaweed but they did thier best to be out there cleaning it up everyday. you could walk as far as you wanted down one side which led to nature park with a beautiful shore line towards the bavaro beach. there were a few vendors along the way however they were not pushy.

Food: I am not a picky eater so I had no trouble finding something good to eat all week. however if you are vegetarian like my other half is you may find it more difficult to find anything that is suitable. There was plenty of vegetables to make salades and plenty fresh fruit however the hot selections were scarce. He also ate alot of bread until he found a big piece of ham baked into his crusty bun at dinner. The one thing i enjoyed the most was they had everything available for loaded nachos! we did not go to any of the al la cartes as the menus were not very vegetarian friendly. Also, we had an opportunity for a romantic dinner on the beach as we had discount coupons which again the main menu was not vegetarian friendly and was mostly seafood and meat options. I would have enjoyed it however he would not.

Staff: are all very friendly. Wilson and Jose went out of thier way dail to ensure we were looked after. Also, Juan in the buffet was very friendly, very talkative and made each dining experience a great one. There were some waitresses that did not say much and you had to wait for drinks. we found that the male servers were more enthusiastic.

Overall it was a great vacation, the weather was nice, no one got sick or "loose" from the food and the staff were not pushy. On the weekend the locals did come and they were rude at times and would push you out of the way and take over the pool, we were happy to see them leave at the end of the weekend.

Room Tip: The best rooms would be facing the outside of the resort. it was noisy at night if you faced the poo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Drywave
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please receive a warm greeting from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for sharing your experience with other reviewers and for having chosen us to spend this past vacations. Please know it was a pleasure to serve you.

We are really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the resort to the fullest. We appreciate the fact that you found our staff to be friendly and serviceable. We will make sure your encouraging comments are passed on to all our staff members especially your favourites.

We look forward to welcome you to your home away from home.

Best regards,