We styed at DPB Nov2-9. We were greeted with a cold towel and champagne on arrival. We were also offerred to upgrade to the perferred side for $250 which we turned down. We did however upgrade to VIP for $99 for the week. We were provided a cell phone to call Wilson & Jose whenever we needed anything or had questions. They were both fantastic and made sure to see us everyday and ask if we needed anything.
Room: was spacious, clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable for being a resort bed. It was cleaned daily with nightly turn down service. The mini bar was restocked daily and we were delivered a daily "newspaper" from canada to keep up on important details. Our room faced the pool/lobby. It probably would have been nicer to face the back as the shows at n ight were loud.
Pool: The pool was great! the only down fall was trying to get a chair around the pool. There were signs and it was posted on the daily event posters that there were no "saving" of lounge chairs around the pool or belongings would be removed by security after 15min. well this did not happen. there would be maybe 20 people in the pool and no chairs as they were all saved by towels and belongings. even the orange towels from the perferred section would save loungers, like come on they have thier own private pool! Bar service around the pool was great, it was clean and we watched them even wipe the tiles down each day.
Beach: was lovely. always a chair and papula to be found. Only one guy on beach asking for you to buy cigars, however we told him we don't smoke and didn't get asked again all week. The water was great, yes there was seaweed but they did thier best to be out there cleaning it up everyday. you could walk as far as you wanted down one side which led to nature park with a beautiful shore line towards the bavaro beach. there were a few vendors along the way however they were not pushy.
Food: I am not a picky eater so I had no trouble finding something good to eat all week. however if you are vegetarian like my other half is you may find it more difficult to find anything that is suitable. There was plenty of vegetables to make salades and plenty fresh fruit however the hot selections were scarce. He also ate alot of bread until he found a big piece of ham baked into his crusty bun at dinner. The one thing i enjoyed the most was they had everything available for loaded nachos! we did not go to any of the al la cartes as the menus were not very vegetarian friendly. Also, we had an opportunity for a romantic dinner on the beach as we had discount coupons which again the main menu was not vegetarian friendly and was mostly seafood and meat options. I would have enjoyed it however he would not.
Staff: are all very friendly. Wilson and Jose went out of thier way dail to ensure we were looked after. Also, Juan in the buffet was very friendly, very talkative and made each dining experience a great one. There were some waitresses that did not say much and you had to wait for drinks. we found that the male servers were more enthusiastic.
Overall it was a great vacation, the weather was nice, no one got sick or "loose" from the food and the staff were not pushy. On the weekend the locals did come and they were rude at times and would push you out of the way and take over the pool, we were happy to see them leave at the end of the weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro