Traveled here in January for a week long vacation. Had a wonderful time with my friend! I would have given a 5 star review if it were not for a few bumps in the road.
-I loved the interior decor of our room, it was modern and classic and the colour scheme (blue and white) was extremely relaxing
-Rooms were cleaned extremely well
-the food was exceptional for a resort, some places were better than others. We liked the buffet for breakfast and lunch, the mexican and italian restaurants in particular
-Lots of chairs available by the pool and beach. The drunk folk don't get out until around 2pm.
-The resort is small which is great -- no need to drag yourself around a multi-complex. Everything is there for you in a small square footage!
-The staff was generally very helpful and nice. Gotta love the Candyman! Victor the bartender! And many other great servers we encountered.
-Our room was extremely humid throughout the entire trip. This is not to say it was hot -- it was just very damp.
-Upon our arrival they gave myself and my friend a room with a king when we requested 2 doubles. Although this was later rectified by the staff the next day, it was frustrating not being able to unpack upon our arrival.
-Be prepared for a boatload of Jersey Shore types that congregate by the pool bar. As I said above, they come out later in the afternoon so plan your lounging accordingly. *please note, I have nothing against these folks, but I go on vacation to read and relax)
-The beach was also a little dirty or more natural -- there was a lot of seaweed. This did not take away from the experience though, it was more visually unappealing.
Overall, my friend and I had a great time. Next time I return to Punta Cana I will definitely try and stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro