“Heah dreams do come true.”

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #19 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester
“Heah dreams do come true.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

Stayed at this superb hotel 20 12 2011to 3 01 2012,first off i am a travel sales manager in manchester at a very highly rated company in the north west,and the pun goes wanted the best,well my party of 6 got just that simply heaven on earth not one single fault with this hotel and i mean that,if you wanted 5 star restaurants then all the ones here i would give them 6,same for all the staff , isabel rueda,ray,tito,gasalini,candyman hector, and everyone else of the lovely staff who made our stay a memory to treasure ,ps, not to mention the rooms, pool, beach ,service the best holiday myself and new friends we met could reccomend,try it for yourselves you wont be disappointed .

Room Tip: we liked block 5,prefered club.
7 Thank Louis S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,712)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

just got home from dreams palm beach punta cana.
loved: the beds were very comfortable, appreciated all the pillows, room was typical, plenty of room towels, 2 towels each at the pool was not an issue, drinks were good and consistent, staff wonderful, thanks to martha and sophy and great bar tenders, good staff along the pool, restaurants - ate at all of them and all were good to great! coffee, coffee coffee! the cafe was a big plus and the cappuccino was the best i have had.,didnt try room service, beach was fantastic, nice pool loungers, they are new! live music every night was terrific, transport staff to and from hotel were very personable Hola tours, very good. the guy cooking at the beach was terrific and works very hard so dont forget to tip him, food on the beach was always terrific and consisitent.
not so great: the bar fridge was not cold, no snacks in room or chocolates on the bed, bathroom needs updating, had to get up at 6:30 to get a spot by thepool, too many kids for my liking, entertainment team was very friendly but not so entertaining, lots of wedding parties that brought about lots of drunken men- not so nice at a family resort, they were definately overbooked and the friends we stayed with had their room changed twice, we have been to this resort before and were looking forward to this trip, although we had a great time due to the sun and the pool, it did not seem as good as the first time, ... been there twice, will try something else next trip to dominican. good family resort though, remember lots of kids..

Room Tip: we were in building one, close to the restaurants and bars, it is quiet after 11pm... buiilding 2 or...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jacki b
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

We were here from Dec. 25th through Jan. 1st with a total of 10 people including 2 children, 16 months old and 6 1/2 years old. Loved it that the hotel was located so close to the airport (20minutes away). This is a great convenience with kids. When we arrived we were greeted with warm towels and a drink. We had no problems checking in to all the 4 rooms we had reserved. All of us were placed on the second floor of building 7.

Our room was nice but quite small with 2 double beds and little storage but that didn't bother us. We just worked around all our luggage. We asked for a crib for our little one and it was brought up within 15 minutes. He didn't have a problem sleeping in the metal crib. However, after discussing with my husband I think it would be hard to fit 2 teenage kids on one double bed and us on the other. We did not do the preferred club just because it was so much more money and we were already paying a lot. The double beds are small so I would advise to get 2 rooms or a suite especially with older children. The rooms need to be updated with new grout in the tile floors and the bathroom situation is odd and small. There was only one sink located outside the bathroom which I could see being a problem as our kids grow up and would be getting ready at the same time as my husband and I. Luckily our bathroom included a tub so it was nice to wash the little guy in the bathtub. My mom and cousin who too had 2 double beds had only a shower, no bathtub, in their bathroom. So f.y.i., to those who prefer one over the other. The king sized bedrooms are more spacious, obviously, with a nice chair to sit by the balcony. The beds are very comfortable and no one had problem sleeping, even me who is up right now at 2am writing this review. The air conditioner worked great and at times I had to turn it off because it got to cold. The room still had a damp feeling but you are in the carribean so I wouldn't expect anything different.

Now in regards to the food, I thought everything was good. There is a little barefoot grill by the beach so if your hungry for lunch and want to grab something without leaving the beach it's great. There were hotdogs, hambugers, veggie burgers, fries, nachos, cheese and chili. There also was a bbq done some days on the beach next to the grill which had grilled chicken, sausage, ribs, corn, veggies, potatoes, and rice. The rice was "excellente." I'm not sure if the bbq is a regular thing done for a couple hours during the day or just certain days. The buffet was good with many options. There was a mexican station, a pasta station, seafood station, dessert and fruit. They even had a little kids station with hot dogs.

Now in regards to the ala carte restaurants it was a mix of feelings. They don't take reservations and you're not limited to the amount of nights you can eat there, which at first I thought was a good thing but then learned it wasn't a good idea especially with so many us. The 1st night we went to the mexican restaurant. We put our names on the list around 6:30 and given a pager. The girl couldn't tell us how long but that was fine. We went and got some drinks from the bar, sat outside the restaurant, talked, and people watched. Before you knew it it was about 2 hours later and then we were seated. We were all given some sort of drink that looked like a margarita but was too sweet and none of us drank. The server was very nice and brought us wine and a drink for my father-in-law. We also got some homemade chips and salsas. They too were "excellente." I ordered the chicken and pork tacos and loved it! It was pretty late and a long day so we all headed to bed.
We tried going to the french restaurant but they don't allow children so the rest of the family went to eat there while my husband, kids and I ate at the buffet. No one cared for the french restaurant so I guess we didn't miss out on anything.
The next day my brother wanted to try the Italian place so he quickly got ready and was there at 5:50. The girl told him they weren't opened yet so he went to the bar got a drink. Then he came back around 6:10 and tried putting his name down on the list, but since we weren't all present she said she wouldn't put his name down. Well, by the time I got myself and the kids ready it was after 6:30. We carried the little guy in the stroller up the stairs and that is when she put my brother's name on the list. So it was 6:40 at that point. It took another 2 hours before we were seated. Normally, this wouldn't have been an issue but with the kids it makes things more difficult. They are kids and are inpatient. I didn't think it would have made a difference if we were all present to put our name on a list or not. I learned the hard way why making reservations would have made things easier for all of us. I wouldn't have cared if we had a late rsvp like 8:30 but at least then I'm not rushing to try to get everyone ready for no reason. This way I was waking my kid up from a nap rushing to got eat dinner, only to find out dinner isn't for another 2 hours. During the down time we would sit in the lobby or the courtyard and listen to the band play music. It was nice but like I said with kids it makes it more difficult just waiting around. By the time we were seated my 6 year old passed out in the stroller and my little one was so cranky that I didn't enjoy my dinner. I didn't want to disturb the rest of the people in the restaurant so I had to step outside with him. To top it off my dinner, the fettucine, was just o.k. I understood we were a big group and it would be harder to eat dinner together but I think it would have been easier if they did take rsvp's at least a couple times during our week stay. I mean we did pay over 2 grand per person and we always tipped every waiter. I think we are pretty generous. Even for breakfast we gave a couple dollars even if we didn't care for the service. We noticed that not many people tipped anywhere. It was quite sad.
We also liked the Japanese restaurant.

The entertainment staff was wonderful. Cappucino, Gasolina, Candyman, even the new guy Emmanuel, and others were wonderful to be around and provided great entertainment.

The shows at night were in a big air conditioned auditorium. They were fun to watch as well.

There also was a movie at night by the pool. We happened to see Avatar playing...pretty cool.

The beach is nice with some seaweed but if you do go a little further out there is some pretty cool water and no seaweed. Just watch out for the boats because they do come awfully close to shore. We saw quite a scary situation.

We didn't take advantage of the kids club. We went on a family vacation and wanted to include everyone as much as possible.

Overall this is a nice big, but not too big resort with everything in proximity. I do recommend coming here just not sure about the price. We went during a busy time so understandably everything is pricer. Keep in mind the bathroom situation and if you're traveling with kids/bigger groups how it may affect your stay.

4 Thank Renata K
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

We just got back from Dreams Palm Beach. This place is amazing! The resort is just big enough that it doesn't seem crowded, but small enough that you walk to everything in just minutes. The food is amazing! The buffet has great choices and the 5 ala carte restaurants leave you wanting more! Our favourites were the Japanese and the Italian. The risotto was amazing. The coffee shop has great selections and our kids ate probably 100 chocolate muffins throughout the week.
It is worth the money to upgrade to the preferred club. You get a private pool and lounge, free wifi (which is over the whole resort!) amongst many others. The staff goes out of their way to make sure that your stay is the best it can be. Their goal is to make sure that your stay is "excellente"
I need to give a special call out to some people that made my family's stay so memorable. Firstly, DeJesus the front desk manager. He was so helpful in letting us extend our rooms when we found out our flights were delayed. Without a problem he made it right.
Now to the entertainment staff. My family has been on many trips throughout the years, but because of this staff, my kids said that this trip was the best they have ever had and want to go back, and mainly because of : Candyman, Cappucino, Gasolina and Frank The Tank. These guys are so funny and great. They go out of their way to ensure that everyone is having a great time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Tom L
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

We just returned from our second vacation at Dreams Palm Beach. We were there in December 09 and again from December 27th 2010 - January 6th 2011.

Here is my latest review:

The Facility: The hotel grounds are immaculately kept and are a nice size. There is no need for trolleys and everything is within a 5 minute walk.

The rooms: Very Standard, but clean. There is very little storage, and the bathrooms as often mentioned are ridiculous. The showers have a half glass door and the water pours outside all over the floor.
The maid service was very good, twice per day. However, our cable and our mini bar did not work. We told management and were assured that they would be fixed, but it did not happen. In addition, the room was always damp and all of our clothes smelled musty. The air conditioning clearly does not remove the dampness from the rooms.

Food: Decent for an all inclusive. Lots of variety. The restaurants were mediocre. Nice surroundings but basically the same food that you could have at the buffet.

Service: Beach bar service was slow and often we had to get our own drinks. More servers are needed. The pool service was the same. In the buffet, there were a few great employees such as Frandy, Jose, and Naomi. Most though did not come around although we tip very well.

Coco Cafe : This is the "Starbucks" of the resort and it is a great asset. Rosa who works there is by far the greatest person at the entire resort.

The Vibe: Here was the major dissapointment for us. The pool and beach were quiet. We like alot of action and some music through the day would be great. Last year, the resort was much more lively. This year although it was at capacity, it felt dead. Speaking of music, for the entire 10 days we were there, in the ommon areas, they played one slow and meloncholy CD over and over, basically 4 or 5 songs. It was annoying to say the least.

Timeshare: The timeshare sharks were new this year and did not cease to stop bothering us although we politely said no numerous times.

What has changed since last year? Ive been told that most of the great staff who made Dreams Palm Beach so great have been transfered to Am resorts' latest acquistion, "Now Larimar". While I'm sure this has made Now a great place to vacation, it has left Dreams Palm Beach very mediocre as the staff are what gave it it's edge above the rest. Sorry Dreams Palm Beach, but for the money, there are alot of other options. You no longer are special in our eyes.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have vaulted ceilings and feel more spacious. Prefered club is a waste, all rooms...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank zoeylola
Chief_c0ncierge, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Dear Guest:

We would like to apologize for any disappointment you experienced during your second visit to Dreams Palm Beach, however we would also like to ask you to double check your travel dates as they do not match with our records because we do not have any guests staying from Dec. 27/2010 to Jan. 06/2011 and even you have been very specific stating that you stayed here, please check your travel dates and confirm them or maybe this review has been posted at the wrong property.

Should you have further observations or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Jose Abreu
Fax: (809) 468-2151
concierge.drepb@dreamsresorts.com
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

We have just returned from the dreams palm beach after spending the whole christmas break there.These two weeks must have been the busiest of the year yet we wanted for nothing.The team made our stay one to remeber in fact it has slotted into thenumber one slot of best holidays ever.
We stayed in block three of the privledge club and spent most of our days on the beach.We were provided with regular waiter service on the beach and dined in the seaside grill for lunch almost every day. The food was second to non and the service from every single member of staff right down to the maintaiance crew and houskeeping was flawless.
In particular i would like to mention "Isabel","tito","Ray","Gaselino","Candyman" and many more whoes names i cannot recall, the speciality restraunts were amazing and all managers very accomodating,
All in all as a traveller who has stayed in some of the best hotels in the caribbean and the middle east i found this place the best by far ! we were so impressed we have already booked again for nex year !!
Last but far from least "thank you" Isabel !!!! for your very very special personal care and attention.

Room Tip: All rooms are second to none.
7 Thank Les K
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

10 days in the hotel went by too quickly!! I liked nearly everything here, there are many activities throughout the day and you dont get bored. The beach is nice, fairly clean and long walks along the ocean can be enjoyed. There are also nice spots if you want to relax in a quiet surrounding.
There are different restaurants, a buffet restaurant and also several a la carte restaurants. The menue is very good, service is usually quick and besides a few exceptions - very kind.
Evening entertainment is different every day - very suitable for children and family friendly. Disco nights in the hotel disco can be much fun. Most fun, however, was the entertainment program during the day.

My holiday has come to an end - I wish I could stay longer. Thank you for an amazing holiday - I really would love to come back one day!

p.s. Watch out for candyman when you come here - he is so much fun and will make you laugh all day!! :-)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family