My husband and I and another couple stayed at the Riu Palace Macao from April 28-May 5 2007. It was our first trip outside of North America and we had an amazing time. The resort was so clean and our rooms were spotless and nice and cool at all times. We liked the choice of restaurants too, though by the 7th day we were getting a little bored of the food. Most of the time we ate at the International restaurant (buffet) and it was nice because they would have different themes (i.e. Mexican night). The Kabuki restaurant was okay, but the Carribe grill restaurant was our favourite. The staff were so helpful and friendly everywhere we went.
We went on two excursions off the resort. The Monster Truck safari was awesome. We left at 7am and were gone until 5pm. We drove to Higuey and stopped at a farm, saw a cock fight, saw the countryside, visited a school and much more. We really saw how Dominicans live and how beautiful the country is. A good tip is to bring toys or hats for the kids at the school.
The second excursion was the Kontiki party boat. It was lots of fun and we had the opportunity to go snorkeling, which was an amazing experience.
Overall, we would recommend this resort to everyone. We would love to go back. The staff, especially Puff Daddy and Johnny Bravo (Bingo with him at 8pm every night was always a good time), made our stay so much fun. We also participated in horse shoes, ping pong, archery and beach volleyball. This resort had it all!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana