We were travelling on honeymoon to this hotel. It was lovely, although definately not a 5* which was what we were lead to believe. It is colonial style and is tired looking in need of sprucing up a bit. Good size bedrooms with excellent cleaning services. Good range of food, all very fresh. The staff in this hotel really made our honeymoon. My only negative was that we had reserved a suite but were put ina standard double and were not changed other couples were upgraded for free to suites as all double rooms were taken. Neither the hotel or tour operator Rep could fix this for us on our 2 wk honeymoon. I would recommend this hotel but if its luxury your after the Riu puna canta is the place to book. It really just a nice hotel.
I have to say this one of many blunders throughout our travel itinerary. I really would not recommend booking with Thomson and I am currently in the complaint process.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana