I just thought I’d make some comments on some of the negative reviews this resort has received. I have never been to an all-inclusive resort before so I really have no frame of reference to compare but I know what is good and I know what is unreasonable. I had a huge vested interest in the resort because it is where my wife and I decided to get married.
First, the food: Anyone who could not find something they thoroughly enjoyed to eat is a terribly picky eater. We had a group of 20 and everyone enjoyed every meal they had. The buffet had a great selection from local cuisine to American style food. Sure, they had similar items everyday (I’ve yet to see a buffet in the world that doesn’t) but there was always something unique from the cutting station to the pasta bar. Also, every Thursday the Buffet would provide a theme (Tex-Mex, Gala, etc.). The specialty restaurants were great and the Krystal was, simply put, spectacular (a meal you would pay $200 for and it was inclusive!)
Second, the service: My wife and I both work in the Entertainment and Service industry and this resort is top notch in the service they provide. Everyone we encountered was always extremely pleasant and happy. I was extremely impressed with the special attention they paid to small children. You couldn’t walk to the pool without getting greeted five times! I could not believe how much these people work and they are always happy and welcoming.
Finally, the Resort itself: The rooms were consistently kept clean, the booze, mix and beer in the rooms were constantly replenished, and, yes, the air-conditioning worked (so much, in fact, that we turned it off because it was too cold). Overall, this resort was completely worth the money and highly recommended. To my fellow Canucks, they LOVE Canadians!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana