OK, I actually stayed at the RIU Palace Punta Cana next door. However, the real story was at the Macao. They have a Casino that is pretty typical for DR. The slot machines do not pay well. The blackjack is suspect. An old trick for unregulated casinos is to remove face cards from the deck and replace them with 4's and 5's. This does not mean the house will win, but it increases the houses edge significantly. Instead of a 1% advantage, the house may have a 10% advantage, thereby increasing their edge tenfold.
The real story though was their TEXAS HOLD'EM game. It was a $5 sb, $5 bb, $100 buy-in no limit hold'em game. It was extremely easy. Even the regulars played very poorly. I could not believe how easy the game was. The house cut is 5% but that is easily overcome since it is a no limit game with very inexperienced players. Try the game. A nice guy at the table is Carlos who is a regular and a local. Tell him Luis sent you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana