Hotel Riu Palace Macao
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$328
$218
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
$205
$128
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$371
$311
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
$403
$465
$311
Bookit.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$259
$181
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$346
$270
4,362 results
All reviewscaribbean streetpool barkrystal restaurantpalm treesel patiodominican republicthomson repjacuzzi suitea la carte restaurantssteakevening entertainmentanimation teammain restaurantplenty of sunbedsrelaxing holidayan adults only resortother resorts
Reviewed May 2, 2005

We just got back from the Palace and loved it. The beach was truly unbelievable. The staff was gracious, friendly and accommodating. The food was good though not great, but exactly what I would expect from a nice all-inclusive. Though the snackbar was terrible, the main dining rooms and the specialty restaurants were more than adequate. Several people we had spoken with had visited the Palace multiple times, and we also expect to return!

10  Thank dhobson
Reviewed April 25, 2005

Just returned from a 4 day trip to Punta Cana. Our group of 10 stayed at the RUI Palace. I cannot say enough about our rooms and service. IT was just wonderful. The hotel was very clean and inviting. Staff was great!! Especially Teo at the bar near the water. The weather was sunny and warm even though it rained just a liitle it did not spoil a moment. Food was OK, just like most reviews have stated, but we never went hungry. Can't wait to go back again.

13  Thank bookberry
A TripAdvisor Member
long island , new york
Reviewed April 23, 2005

Was suppsoe to be a honeymoon ya right, a peice of luggage was lost at the hotel and never found, was suppose to be in a jaquzzi suite get stuck in a standard room and they tell me the room was trashed from the people before then was told the sales department over booked. had no water oneday and the next had aunts all in my room and took the maids 2 hours to come up and clean it. Food please lived on french fries and ice cream. wife was sick everynight from the food. So i ask myself will i ever go back...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2005

Let me begin by saying that we entered this vacation with a cautious eye. After reading the reviews on this website, I was more than curious about the lack of similarities between the reviews.
This was a great vacation. My wife and I spent 9 nights and 10 days in paradise. The service and resort was much more than we ever expected, especially for the price. The natives of the island were a warm and firendly people. The beach was incredible with a constant breeze to keep the heat stress down. We prefed the pool in the afternoon. The lack of many kids was great. The Bambu was crawling with the rugrats, and we were glad to have stayed at the Palace. The food was nothing to write home about. I had no problems finding things to eat, but my wife (who tends to be a little more on the picky side) wasn't as thirlled with the cuisine as I. A basic knowledge of Spanish is helpful. Rough English is spoken by most workers, but remember, you are in a Spanish speaking country. We would expect them to speak English, if they came here. Also, Jonny Bravo, of the Anamacion staff was awesome. He was a blast to be around and wasn't as crude as some of the others. Again, have no concerns if you are booking your trip. It is worth your time and money.

• Stayed: March 2005
21  Thank Travelman269
A TripAdvisor Member
Camp Hill, PA
Reviewed April 18, 2005

Never have my husband and I received such excellent service as at the Riu Palace, altho' we take a vacation at least once and sometimes twice a year. The attention was incredible..felt like a royal family!! The place was so beautiful and immaculate and service people were cleaning up regularly. The food was very enjoyable, altho' the beef was a bit tough, but we ate kid (very tender), and at the carving station had a whole grouper (not that we ate the whole thing!), a pig roast one night (best I ever had, including locally done), loved loved loved the pork chops. Don't know what they season them with, but they were scrumptuous. Wouldn't mind having some of their recipes...!! We did eat at the International Buffet each evening as there was such a variety to choose from that we felt we would be cheated had we only one entree!! Our waiters were so attentive and after the second day, brought me my favorite, Cappucino, as we sat down, without me even asking. The bread was great and the desserts were wonderful. and this from a woman who is basically a light eater!! Salad selections were terrific, too. They also make great pasta dishes and pizza, of which I was surprised to find pasta there. There were at least 9 stations and on Mexican night, had addt'l stations. For lunch we ate at the Caribe Grill and/or the pizzeria. Both sit on the beach by the ocean and is wonderful to have lunch and sit and take in the gorgeous sights. Breakfast was in the International Buffet and choice of food was quite varied. The beach is incredible, too. soft powdery sand, no shells or rocks to contend with, did not blow on us even during one windy day,' walking into the ocean was like walking on velvet and, except for one day when there was a storm out at sea which produced some minor seaweed, was very clear and a beautiful turqoise in color. Had perfectly beautiful weather every day, but can't say that was the Riu's doing! HaHa.
The service around the pool and beach is also exceptional. One day we were trying to move some chaises under the palm trees and one of the employees came up to us saying NoNoNo, and we thought, oops, we weren't supposed to move the chairs, but he meant, no, you don't do it, I do! He got us chairs and they also give you additional chaise pads to place on the chairs. We did also tip the housekeepers, waiters, and pool help as they do not make much money and truly deserved anything you give them. Each evening someone comes around to check the refrigerator which is stocked with beer, soda, water and the hard liquor bar, which had Beefeaters gin, rum, vodka and whiskey in. We are not drinkers, so to speak, but I like a drink before I retire to bed. The local people are very sweet and so happy, even tho' they have little compared to us and Europeans, Canadians, etc. We met some very nice people from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, and altho' we always couldn't speak the same language, got our messages across. Due to some health problems my husband has, we only took one tour, altho' I wish I could have taken the Safari,. but one has to takewhat one gets! We also enjoyed the antics of the entertainment staff and the shows at night. We would definitely love to return to this wonderful island and hotel.

25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member