We were a large group. my parents (in their 80's, my siblings and spouses and our adult kids).Had 6 rooms which were clean- 2 of the rooms were suites, with 2 balconies each- great! 4 standard rooms- clean but worst moldy-smell. You could feel the spores all over the room in one of them! We tried leaving the doors of the hallways and balcony open, to have crossed air and try to get rid of the moldy smell, but no success. After we checked out 8 out of 12 were sick with respiratory problems. In our group we had 4 young adults ages 23-30- they found the hotel crowd too old. 80% of the guests are over 65. I know is an adult only and that is why we choose it- so its great if you don't have younger adults. Food was good, and the fact you don't pay a penny for alcohol made it a great surprise. Hotel pools are great, and you are right in the beach, which makes it a better property than the other 3 Riu Hotels nearby. Night club is also included in the price. Word of cautious- carry medical insurance- my daughter fell and slipped on the shower after it flooded, the hotel is able to call a doctor only if you pay, they don't even have access to a ice bag. The hotel Manager Dasha Kovasikova was great trying to do what she could with the means given to her by the Riu chain. Very expensive- more than fees paid in the US for a house call.The reception staff is very attentive, the entertainment staff is amazingly warn and helpful- I don't think they ever sleep- they put 4-5 times a day show and activities- aerobics, archery, bingo, dancing for you and with you, and much more. The dining room staff is also wonderful. I can truly say that the complete staff- manager, reception, cleaning, waiters, maintenance, chefs, room service, ect is the most respectful, helpful, attentive, fun and hard working that I have met in all my travels. The hotel does not offer a pick up service at the airport, but when you get to the airport is easy to get transportation. when leaving the hotel (which is about 30 minutes from hotel) to go back to your country, allow 2-2 1/2 hours in the airport, it can be a long process. New Years party was great (better than the one last year at the Sheraton in Argentina) Food was excellent, show was nice- everyone is so attentive and helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana