My husband and I spent Xmas and New year at this fantastic hotel. We were welcomed upon arrival with a welcome drink, and our cases taken to the room by the bell boy. The room was amazing, immaculately clean, with a lovely bathroom with huge shower. The rooms were kept so clean, and the cleaners visited twice daily. Once in a morning then again at night when clean towels were brought, and your sheets turned down.
The buffet restaurant had an abundance of choice, all of a very high standard, and the Xmas Eve banquet and New Years Eve banquet were exceptional. The sweets were mainly individual handmade, and the wine was really nice served at your table nightly. We tried all the four speciality restaurants being Steak house, Japanese, Italian and Krystle. They were all really good the Krystle being my favourite.
The entertainment team work exceptionally hard, doing activities during the day and night. Special thanks to Alex and Wilkins who we got to know really well.
You can walk along the long stretch of beach which is beautiful. Nothing was a trouble to the very helpful staff, waiters, reception and entertainment.
There is a small coffee house, where you can have coffee/tea with sandwiches and cakes at any time, and there are sandwiches and fruit left in the fridges here in case you need something during the night.
Thomson rep was on hand daily if needed, not that we needed to contact them, as had no problems at all.
Transfers to and from the airport were only 40 minutes, and went very smoothly.
This is a fantastic place to chill out, and deserves its five star rating. Would not hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana