We holidayed at the 4* Grand Bahai 4 years ago, it was fantastic, hotel, food, airport everything good. On the basis the grand Bahai in Dom rep was so good we went the the Grand Bahai Mexico which was no where near as good.
Then we went to the 4* Riu club Negril Jamaica, this too was brilliant, so we had no hesitation booking a 5* Riu hotel back at the dom rep, you no where this is going don't you. Well your only part right.
The airport has got 10x worse in just 4 years, it's a nightmare, and organised chaos coming home queuing for over an hour with a premium flight ticket in my hand.
The hotel, 4* or 5* I think probably better than the other 3 so maybe 5* if you didn't eat or drink. Food and drink definitely 3* not as good as the other 3 we stayed at. As already mentioned in another review the spirits seemed watered down and were certainly not brands even when you asked for them, I spent 2 weeks trying everything and couldn't find a drink I was happy with.
The biggest plus side was adults only, there were no screaming during the day around the pools so it was quiet and relaxing until the brother in law woke up.
Didn't really expect top entertainment as it is a fairly small hotel but the entertainment staff were very good, and normally if you said no, respected that.
Airport, food and drink aside it was a good holiday, and having travelled 4500 miles we've come back having met and befriended some top English people, Sheila, Ray, Cathy, Bea, Martyn, Jez, Richard, Keely,
Just like to say 'Hi y'all Karen n Danielle' Yankee girls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana