We were in Punta Cana at the Rui Palace in February. We had to share our room with some of the people we arrived with. They had over booked rooms and we had a number of friends who had to double up. The food was acceptable. You did have a large variety of things to pick from. The staff was wonderful. The weather was beautiful and so were the grounds.
Some of the guests were not very friendly. I did not feel that Americans were welcome there. (Not by the staff but by other quests.) I know that some of the guest did complain about some of the Americans behavior but not every American behaved that way. Please don't lump us together. Would I go there again? I would go to Punta Cana again but not at this resort. The room thing was a bit much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana