I visited this resort in June of 2010 before the 14 million done in renovations. My fiance and I will be returning again in 4 weeks from now. I must say that the whole experience of this resort is fantastic. Relaxing, many options of food to pick from, awesome staff, and a beautiful beach. I gave this resort 4 stars because my fiance got sick from something she ate. I did not. I would encourage anyone traveling from outside the country to carry some sort or antibacterial medicine for your stomach. She was sick for 2 days in the room, we then visited the resort doctor who just referred us to go to the nearest hospital. At the hospital, they don't really speak English...I speak Spanish though. It turned out that they wanted to charge 2500 to 3000 US dollars for an overnight stay and an I V drip of Cipro....antibaterial medicine. Luckily it turns out my fiance had this medicine in her purse. We left the hospital, she took her medicine, everything was fine from there on out. Make sure that if you go to the carving stations, the food is well done. Don't drink their water, watch for all fruits and vegetables in case its cleaned with their water. I do believe their water is filtered so I don't know exactly how my fiance became sick...can only assume something she ate. When you brush your teeth, keep a bottled water for rinsing and cleaning toothbrush off. I enjoyed the food, not the best, but pretty good. Overall, the resort is definitely a good option for the cost. Do not take the initial price offered from any vendor....they will come down. A wide variety of people from all ages and all races attend this resort so their is definitely a great mix of people. I did not experience any thievery. The front desk was awesome. Pacha night club is a little intense, but ok. I can't wait to return and see the newly re-done riu macao! I will be back to give another update on my 2nd time staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana