This is our first time in the Dominican Republic and we were very lucky with the hotel, it was on a beautiful beach. This All Inclusive holiday was also a first for us as such as we are avid cruisers. On arrival we discovered we had been upgraded and had a lovely swimming pool and sea view on the 2nd floor so very happy with the room plus it was quite big and had a large walk in shower in the good sized bathroom. It has recently been refurbished and so was spotlessly clean. The food was very good, huge amount of choice at every meal, with some food cooked to choice and other chosen from the buffet. There were 4 speciality restaurants at no extra cost and we visited 2 the steak house and the Krystal restaurant and we had very good meals in both. However, I did enjoy the main restaurant as there was just so much to choose from for every taste, burger and fries for those who want that sort of food to sushi, roast duck, ribs, in fact most things you could think of. Plus the salad buffet was fabulous and as a slimming world target member it was heaven for me. However, the desserts were certainly not from slimming world, especially not the chocolate fountain. Couldn't help thinking of Dawn French with her "going in" comment to the chocolate fountain.
The beach as I have mentioned is beautiful and we did a 90 minutes walk every morning, you could walk for hours and hours and not come to the end. We thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the holiday, you still had people going down at 6.30 in the morning to put towels on beds but there was no need, there were plenty and the hotel was full! There was a lot of smokers but as a general rule they were very courteous. I gathered the house wine was awful but just stuck to cocktails or rum and coke and that was fine. All in all a lovely relaxing, chilled out holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana