Went with group of eight people in our 50's and would recommend this to anyone 35 and up as it's not exactly subdued but not too crazy with partiers (unless you go looking for it).
Food: Japanese was not good- seemed like they had two flavours but the sushi was delicious / Fusion (Krystal) was really good / Steakhouse surf and turf was good but ask for the steak a little less done than you usually would. The lobster was excellent. Buffets were terrific and that's what we preferred.
Liquour: quality isn't premium but there are some better selections like Barcelo Imperium Rum - find a better brand and ask for it - they'll oblige.
Check in: went smooth, rooms were ready and he gave us the information we needed, didn't try to upsell us and was funny.
Rooms: Two of us had unsuitable rooms but they switched us with no issues. Our first room was on ground floor and balcony was a foot away from a concrete white wall - not acceptable to us but they changed it with an understanding acknowledgement. Clean and comfortable. The showers were great and the glass block was fine - you just don't like to turn on the light in the middle of the night and disturb your partner. TIP: Big issue is the floor is very slippery when wet so wear your sandals or bring slippers. They replenish water everyday with large water bottles that are sealed unlike other reviews that state these bottles are refilled and unsealed. Pop and alcohol always kept up and even had a plate of fruit there everyday. No issue with theft - and I didn't always put away my money like I should've. The rooms are very humid so consider that extra weight when you leave.
Grounds: close to the beautiful sandy beach. Two pools and there is one with cement loungers which is away from pool bar also the water is separate from the pool bar. Pool bar gets a little rowdy (and icky warm) by about 2pm. The bars at the pools were busy but you don't have a long wait for a drink. Showers were everywhere to wash off sand or chlorine. Loungers were comfortable and are the kind that breath well - and I feel are more hygenic than cushions. As in the rooms - another problem is the slippery tiles. Don't walk from one place to another without sandals. If you stick right up to the pool there is more grip. There is a longer walk to the bathrooms than there should be - which would somewhat explain the swim up bar temperature.
Staff: This part was the most exceptional part of our stay. They only want you to have a good time and it is so very clear by their smiles and humourous banter. They never seem to tire from their long long day. We tipped because we wanted to - a dollar here and there - but it isn't an expectation. We fell in love with Alex - a genuine sincere young man who obviously loves his job. With our group of eight it isn't easy to get chairs together but we had someone help us out every morning and he never forgot us. I can't say enough about the wait staff and the games staff - you will love them because they love what they do.
Entertainment: Saw a couple of shows and they were pretty good. The Burlesque was my favourite. There is always something to do - Oliver makes sure you are either dancing, playing horseshoes, going for a kitchen tour etc....he says if you're not having fun-go to the bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana