First off, we were a bit wary of this Club Med as a) we had never travelled to a Club Med before and b) from the other reviews, we saw that this was much more of a family resort with lots of activities for little kids, and us being 3 21-year olds, we thought we would be bored.
We were BLOWN away by all of the activities available. Andrew was AMAZING and always made sure we were having a great time. We only did sailing, kayaking, archery and trapeze (which is a lot of fun although not for the faint of heart, but the whole team (Millie, Eliza,________), but they did have windsurfing, bocce ball, tennis, snorkelling and other excursions (you had to pay for the off resort ones, but they looked and sounded like alot of fun) although we could not even have time to fit an excursion in.
The fitness trainer Gen is UNBELIEVABLE as we did her classes almost everyday and after her classes you feel great about eating all of the white chocolate bread (YUMMY) and other lovely creations. Every meal had "chef specialities" which were always changing and the food was really good. The quality of the food was gourmet especially compared to other all-inclusive resorts. Mor was one of the best speciality chefs so I highly recommend eating his specialities every night.
We saw all but 2 shows and really enjoyed all of them, and right after the shows we did crazy signs (a Club Med dance thing) and danced with the GO's at the other "night club" Celeste (which is on the beach).
We went during hurricane season in between Hurricane Earl and Tropical Storm Fiona, and of our 7 days it rained once, which was well liked because it cooled the place down, and also made for some great waves!
We had 2 deluxe rooms and really dont have too many complaints...the AC worked great, and Fior, our housekeeper was great! We had 2 2L Dasani water bottles put in our room each day although we drank the tap water and were fine. Our room were missing closet doors and our TV was fuzzy on most American stations, but the other room we had everything was perfect.
The bar (another Gen) and pool (HUGE) was GREAT, and the frozen drinks are so refreshing in the 40+ Celsuis weather.
I visited the Spa for a OPI spa french manicure, and Isabel was very good although I was expecting a bit more of a luxurious manicure/pedicure area (it was a seperate room from the spa) seeing as the spa and the massage areas looked unreal.
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this trip and will hopefully be making another trip to Club Med in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic