Club Med Punta Cana
$395
$201
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $261/night.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$412
$193
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
$385
Bookit.com
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$248
$470
$364
Official Site
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$391
$305
Melia.com
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$293
$188
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$484
$366
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$293
$229
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$352
$275
Priceline
10,130 results
All reviewsmini clubkids clubpetit clubhispaniola restaurantcircus teamchef de villagezen poolflying trapezecrazy signsthe white chocolate breadla caveindigo barcouscous teamtennis teamtiara suitestrident spaceland sports
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We just returned from Club Med Punta Cana and had a wonderful vacation. The place is not perfect and the level of service and accomodations are NOT on the luxury level, but for a family vacation it was a lot of fun and offered almost all that I wanted and needed.
THE GOOD: The staff was very nice and accomodating. Because most guests are French, many of the workers were from French-speaking countries, mainly Haiti and France. But they all spoke some English, so we didn't have any problems getting along. Club Med has several activity clubs for kids, divided by age, and my son was in the young teen club (11-13); they also have an older teen club. I picked Club Med over the Beaches Resort because I wanted my son to engage in many activities, not spend the entire week at Beaches's X-BOX center, which he would have done if left to his own devices. At Club Med, the kids were allowed only one-hour on the video games, then they locked up that room and encouraged the kids to go snorkeling, kyacking, archery, play tennis and learn windsurfing. At the end of the week, the teens put on a song-and-dance performance in the theater. My son was busy from 9 a.m until 6 p.m., then he came back to the room to shower and change clothing for dinner. After dinner, he went back to the teen club to dance and "hang out." My son had a ball. My only regret was that I didn't bring better clothing for him. The teens at Club Med, especially the French teens, wear nice clothing for dinner and dancing.
While my son was with the teens, I exercised (they have 10 different exercise classes a day), took Latin dance lessons and read several novels on the beach.
We stayed in a "family club room" which was nicely designed so that my son had his own space in a small alcove that had two day beds, while I took the main bedroom. The room was nice, not great, but nice and clean and cheerful. If I return, I might rent one of the lovely Club Med beach-front cottages and perhaps bring another family with me to split the cost.
THE BAD: The food was terrible. I was on a diet and therefore welcomed the opportunity to eat less. But several of the guests did comment on the quality of the food. Also, the weather was too hot. I realized that we were going at the hottest time of the year, but it was still hotter than I expected. This didn't bother my son or most of the kids, however.
BOTTOM LINE: This is not the place for couples to spend a romantic week or for someone who wants a quiet luxury vacation. But it's a wonderful place to take the kids. My son wants to return to Club Med. But next year, we'll pick a different location, probably Europe or North Africa.

1  Thank caribcon
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We chose to vacation at Club Med Punta Cana because it was a destination we and our nearly adult children (ages 17 and 20) could agree on. Once we got there it turned out to be a good choice. The resort offered day activities that kept us all busy (wind surfing, tennis, Zumba, fitness machines, snorkeling, and scuba diving). The food was good and available most of the time, allowing for different schedules. We had two rooms and our kids were independent of us much of the time. Interestingly the fact that most guests spoke French and our kids did not resulted in them hanging out with us more than I anticipated - an added benefit to us! The weather in August was hot and sticky and the A/C in the rooms was marginal, but the ocean was a great place to cool off. In fact the ocean here was actually "swimmable' and there were several people swimming back and forth most of the time. We enoyed our stay but will probably go to another Club Med next time for the sake of variety.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

Resort is 5 Stars Luxory. Staff is the Best. Andrew and Beach Crew Staff is The Best. Food and resaurant is beyond any description- It is like Haven. !!!
but:
The rooms are not so good. :We had pipes leaking, smell of fungus, toilet has to be exanged, no ventilation in bathroom, small bugs on the floor were problems.
shooping is way overpriced and nothing to buy.

Reviewed August 30, 2010

Someone posted "terrific family vacation but read below if not familiar with Club Med" and their post could not be more on the money. Since I was in Club Med Cancun last August and Punta Cana this August, I will make a few comparisons.

Beautiful resort, spread out, so be prepared to walk! Our room was perfect, comfortable, great terrace, not 5 star but the A/C worked great, TV had lots of American channels, we had a fridge and safe in the room, the maid replenishs Dasani water bottles everyday. It was fine.

G.O.'s were great, actiivites were good, better in Cancun though. The pool is huge and the water was too warm, but you can't help that in August when it is 90 degrees and so humid everyday. It was clean and plenty of room for everyone. The pool in Cancun is way too small. Both beaches were beautiful, I like the Punta Cana beach better.

The food was good to very good. Dinner was the best, plenty of choices and great chef creations. Breakfast was terrible and lunch was ok to good. If you are American, this is not the best breakfast buffet. Caters to the europeans - a salad bar is not what I wish to see at 8:30am. Greasy sausage and bacon, the omlette station was a disaster with no formed line, people cutting in, eggs were always runny and the chef was insulted if you asked to have it cooked more. After day 3, I gave up on eggs. Selection was not great but plenty of fresh breads. Fruit everyday is Mango, Papaya, Passion Fruit, Pineapple and Watermelon. It was hard to find bananas. Again, adequate but not great. Here Cancun is far superior - more selection, more restaurants. We stayed 5 nights and for only 2 restaraunts on property, that was plenty of time.

Drinks: if you drink alcohol - you will pay for premium liquor. If you want just a run of the mill frozen cocktail you will be fine. They offer a white and red table wine at dinner with the local beer "presidente" but you have to pay for other selections. They offer a wine list.

We were out numbered by the French. We found them to be rude and carry around a sense of entitlement that I never expected. With 14 year olds smoking in the teen club, my daughter decided to mingle during the day rather than at night, and all 12 of us really had a great time. I probably would not go back, although I would return to Cancun Club Med.

Go here for the beautiful scenery and fun actiivities.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank dani4567
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My husband, 14 month old daughter and I went to Club Med Punta Cana last Christmas/New Years and LOVED it. The locale is gorgeous, the food is excellent especially for mass catering, the team/staff were all incredibly friendly, and the rooms were good - definitely not the Club Med of my childhood and worth the 4* (4 Trident) rating. We were also very impressed by the Kids Club, and leaving our daughter there for a few hours a day allowed us some much needed r'n'r. We loved the all inclusive aspect as we felt no guilt in having a few pina coladas by the pool while reading our books. The spa was also very high quality. Overall, we were thrilled by our experience. The only downside was that we did feel that we overpaid for the peak season as we would anywhere...travelling at New Years is just about the most expensive time of year full stop. We would absolutely go back, we would just try to stay away from busy season until our kids are school age!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family