11,863 results
All reviews hispaniola restaurant chef de village zen pool circus team flying trapeze crazy signs la cave the white chocolate bread indigo bar tennis team tiara suites couscous team tiara section trident space spoke french ray ray cirque du
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is a great family destination with the options to make any day flexible for both the parents and the kids. They have a "kids club" that made our 5 and 9 year old enjoy it immensely and although French and Spanish were the predominant languages, the key folks understood English. The food was amazing and the variety for dinner was unbelievable. There is an adult area called Zen Oasis that is very relaxed and amazing with an Olympic size pool. The local water activities are numerous with something for everyone. Every day there were events around the resort including exercise and mini parties that were enjoyed by both kids and adults. they had a foam party while we were there that was a blast. they had a plenty of excursions and although we did not participate in any, we were informed by others how much they were enjoyed.

The people were great!!!!! Teddy the resort manager was always present during meal hours and for the evening events, the staff people are too many to write but I will say that the cross fit trainer Julia was awesome, the restaurant staff at all three major restaurants were great like Juan Luiz, Chu Cho, Iris and so many others. The counselors at the kids club were so much fun and friendly and did their utmost to ensure you were aware of all the activities.

One thing to point out is that we went right before peak season - the first week of June. the weather was great and the ratio of folks to service personnel allowed a lot attention. Make sure you have bug repellent and cortizone as this tropical destination has many. Regardless, would definitely go again and was a great first experience to have with the family.

Room tip: Ocean view areas are great and if you have the kids, try to get a room near the kids club.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ClubMed, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks so much for your review of Club Med Punta Cana. We greatly appreciate the special shout-outs and are so glad that you and your family enjoyed the variety of activities! We hope to see you and your family back again soon for some more fun! The Club Med Team

Reviewed June 13, 2019

This resort is by far one of the BEST in the DR. Its very large BUT its spread out wide unlike many of the other Dominican resorts . On this trip the Chef de Village / GM of the resort was Pierre Jean Montagne and he was so charismatic and charming and talented! One of the NICEST CDV's I have met in all my years of experience with Club Med. Our room was lovely and in a great location as i traveled with my son , age 14 and my mom , who will be 80 this year. Upon arrival we met Johanna , who was a guest relations GO and she immediately formed a relationship with my mother and made her ALWAYS feel very special. She is a keeper ! My son and I went down to sailing at a time listed on the program for lessons and upon arriving there , we were told that was incorrect and that we would have to sign up for the next day. While doing this the GO , actually remembered us from another vacation , and he is someone very dear to us - Dorian . I have been on vacation with Dorian , in Turks and Caicos , Sandpiper Bay and Cancun. What a blast it was to see him .....needless to say we spent many hours with Dorian and Ronny , down at the shack to sail....

We also loved going to the bar everyday and seeing Julio - he is a very special person , like Dorian and really became a great friend on this vacation . He paid great attention to mom and I , and we loved just talking with him and discussing coffee and wines . We had dinner many times with Dorian and Julio and it always was a lot of fun. Speaking of dinner - every evening we sat in the "Baby dining room" which typically is for kids BUT by 8PM most families were finished and we had a small room to ourselves BUT the best part was dining and having service by the most loveliest of ladies Jenny who was about 5 months pregnant at that time. She worked so hard to make our dinners the best every night. Our last night she decorated our table with flowers and just made it so special . She is a diamond in the rough....and I hope she returns after her baby arrives and I would love to be in her area again. I really want the dining room manager to know what a very special and hard working woman she is . Jenny is Excellente! I also have to say that in the sports area i loved the Canadian / israeli gentleman , who's name is Younny - i know i am not saying it right , but he was an amazing Aqua Gym / land sports GO and also the Chief of Sports Alex was great as well - ran a great team !
This resort is so dear to me - i have been going there since the 80's and have see it evolve - it never had a pool when i was first visiting , but now has a massive pool and a fabulous stretch of beach . there is ALWAYS something to do and another good thing about CMPC is that its a 10 minute drive from the airport . How great is that? Its awesome .
Make sure to look for Freddy at La Cave when you go and tell him Lisa sent you - he is another person who has been there for many years and he is an excellent sommelier and just a good soul. La Cave - hire more people like Freddy , he is a the best ! ( my one issue here is that no one polices the chaise lounges and some people set themselves up at the beach as well as pool and then sometime never return for hours and that is extremely frustrating and should be fixed. shame on this guests - its the whole entitlement thing , that just does not fly right by me )
Thank you Pierre Jean for such a great vacation 4/19-26 - it was a lovely Easter and we loved Scooby Do Papa.....hats off to Dorian , Julio, Jenny , Freddy , PJ the CDV , Johanna ,Younny and Ronny and the rest of the GO/GE team - we love you all ! see you soon and Dorian you better make sure that country #5 happens with us - HANDS UP !

Room tip: traveling with children,the village center makes life easier,and is close to the mini club too. ZEN rooms for adults only are fantastic
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your review and the special shout-outs. It is so great to hear that the GO team, the delicious food and the variety of activities made your trip a great one at Club Med Punta Cana! We look forward to seeing you again next time! The Club Med Team

Reviewed June 13, 2019

My family and I have been looking forward to our stay at Club Med Punta Cana as it was our first vacation with our second daughter who is 1 year and 8 months. My husband’s family are huge fans of Club Med, they have stayed at more than 20 resorts, I personally stayed at one In Florida and we had an amazing time there. Unfortunately, this stay was a bit disappointing, on the 3rd day of our stay our daughter felt sick and was covered with blisters, we took her to the resort doctor who told us she had hand foot mouth infection. The doctor also confirms the resort had an outbreak, unfortunately upon our arrival we were not informed about it, otherwise we would take steps to hopefully prevent her catching the infection. We have spoken to about 5 families with children below 2 years and all their babies got sick as well. From that point on we could not really enjoy our stay, as we had to isolate her from other children, as we did not want to keep spreading the illness. Other points to mention the kids club had predominantly French speaking staff, as a result they mainly spoke French, our 5 years old begged us to not take her to the club as she was ignored in her asks due to language barrier, fortunately she found a friend from Britain and had a good time playing with that child. Also, please bring toys with you including pool toys, as resort does not provide any, and they also do not have a playroom available to small children that do not participate in mini club (especially when it rains, there are really no indoor areas for kids to play). Also, the mini club was a bit dirty, they had pool renovation happening, but with the outbreak I was hoping they would have done a better job cleaning/disinfecting. Moreover, the front desk agents were not very helpful, we had few miscommunication issues, the biggest to highlight was on our last day, we were checking out at 7 AM and asked for a golf cart to assist with luggage, the FD agent said she would send one right away, we waited 30 min and no one came, we walked to the front desk and they told us the golf cart service does not start until 7:30, we asked the lady why she misinformed us over the phone, she had no answer for it. We were disputing some charges at the resort, we were given email addresses to voice our concerns, but unfortunately no one has responded to my numerous emails. Therefore, if you have any issues please try to resolve them there.
On a positive note, the place is beautiful, the food is good, the drinks are good and available. Unfortunately, because our daughter was sick, we did not get to enjoy a lot of things, but I think it is worth going there, especially if you have bigger kids.

Date of stay: May 2019
3  Thank Mary_052019
Reviewed June 12, 2019

We had a great family vacation at Club Med Punta Cana. The food and activities were excellent. There was always something to do or watch or eat. It is a family friendly vacation with very friendly staff.

Date of stay: June 2019
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
1  Thank Roving06072525499

Thank you for your review of Club Med Punta Cana. We are so thrilled that you and your family had a great vacation filled with food and fun activities! We hope to see you back again very soon. The Club Med Team

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

We had an amazing time! The place was clean, and every single staff member was helpful and friendly. Now we know why we met so many people who had been to the same club med 5-6 times! The GM of the resort Pierre Jean made us feel like family how he was there to greet people at breakfast , handed out drinks on the beach, and also there at night with his own family!!! Hanna Spiegler and the Circque de soliel team were friendly and patient while we tried the trapeze for the first time! The lobster cruise guys were fun and super accommodating to our 3 year old who came! I loved how they had people take party pics that you could buy later for when I didn’t have my camera on me or wanted to be in the pic!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Aradha71
ClubMed, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review and the special shout-outs! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay Club Med Punta Cana. We look forward to seeing you again! The Club Med Team