11,841 results
All reviews hispaniola restaurant chef de village zen pool circus team flying trapeze crazy signs la cave the white chocolate bread indigo bar tennis team tiara suites couscous team tiara section trident space spoke french ray ray cirque du
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

Cant say enough about Club Med Punta. The resort is spotless and the beach and pool are beautiful. The food is incredible and the evening shows were entertaining and fun. There is something for everyone and the staff made us feel just like family. Cant wait to go back!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tflyons
ClubMed, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. We are glad that there was something for everyone to do at Club Med Punta Cana! We look forward to seeing you again! The Club Med Team

Reviewed June 8, 2019

Stay- June 1-6, 2019
We did a lot of research prior to booking this vacation- A LOT! We read all the reviews from various sites then decided to give Club Med a try. Previously we have stayed at Iberostar Resorts in Mexico, Jamaica and Iberostar Grand in Punta Cana so we are very familiar with European owned All Inclusive resorts.
We expected that a majority of the guests would be European as Club Med is a French company- so yes- a majority of the guests were French. Yes- there were some women topless at the beach, not a big deal to us. I thought it was refreshing being with Europeans as they do not have the American mentality of all inclusives are too get drunk, then they are loud and obnoxious. No obnoxiously drunk people at Club Med.
Booking was directly through Club Med and included airfare on Jet Blue from FLL and private transfers (included )was waiting upon our arrival. Resort is only 4.8km from airport-so you start your vacation quick!
Although we had a room issue upon our arrival it was quickly rectified by the GM Teddy.
We stayed in the Tiara Villas, so we had perks of concierge service, infinity pool, upgraded drinks etc.
The beach was very clean as well as the main pool area. People complain about the vinyl liner of the pool- but really what is the big deal??? We did spend a majority of our time on the beach and noticed most families with young children stayed by the main pool. The beach is located right next to the Indigo bar- where you can get your drinks. Bartenders were friendly and attentive with their service.
We went paddle boarding, kayaking and sailing daily, the water sports staff was very friendly and helpful.
Our son, 15yrs, spent a majority of his time with counselor Theo at the teen club, including having dinner with them 2 nights. He had a great time and really enjoyed meeting so many teens from other countries. The teens had non stop supervised activities for them to participate in.
Our room in the Tiara Villas was beautiful and recently renovated. WE had the main room with a king bed, sitting area and bathroom and our soon had the adjacent bedroom (two twin beds and a bathroom). Plenty of space for everyone. The patio overlooked the ocean (20ft away) and was breathtaking to watch the sunrise and sunset daily. There were several buildings that were under renovation that were located close to us but the noise was not an issue.
Breakfast was the same daily, typical omelets, pancakes, fruit, pastries and cereals.
Lunch had a variety of fish dishes and your standard buffet assortment of lunch fare.
Dinner at the buffet varied each evening. We had amazing osso buco, chicken saltimbocca and paella just too name a few stand out meals. The dishes are already pre-plated for you- which some Americans were grumbling about.
We were ablate eat at Indigo restaurant two nights and can recommend the churrasco steak, red snapper and octopus grilled. The service was very attentive and a beautiful setting by the ocean.
I would recommend Club Med for a great vacation that is worth the $$$.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank jjjconti

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the beach, as well as all of the outdoor activities at Club Med Punta Cana. We hope to see you again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

My family and I vacationed here from 5/25-6/1 and we will not return to a Club Med location. My husband and I stayed at Zen Oasis and my other family members had Club rooms since they were traveling with children. The staff at the bars and restaurants on the entire property were friendly and helpful the entire trip. The front desk and concierge employees along with housekeeping were NOT so great. The grounds are kept looking beautiful, but Club Med needs to focus on improving the rooms and the main pool area STAT.

Zen Oasis rooms are the only decent rooms. The only issue is we had no electricity for 2 nights we were there. Zen’s Concierge employees have the worst attitude and acted as if me reporting our issue was an inconvenience. The front desk was just as bad. We could not enjoy our patio area because all the furniture was covered in MOLD. Housekeeping only provides 2 washcloths and when we called the front desk and concierge SEVERAL times they finally asked why would we need more than two?

The Club Rooms and Family rooms are gross. I’m glad I chose Zen because I would have cried my entire trip if I had to sleep there. I felt bad for my family with children. Upon arrival their room was dirty and they had NO washcloths so I’m not sure why this resort is stingy about washcloths. Their A/C did not work nor did the TV remote and after calling the front desk several times they were required to wait until the NEXT day before they could put in a request to move.

If you have children Mini Club is not sanitary. My niece contracted Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease while there. If you report it the staff only says “that’s common in daycare.” One would think Mini Club would focus on sanitation since previous reviews have reported the same issue. FYI this is not common.

Food is horrible. Probably a notch below the quality of Golden Corral in the U.S. Best meal maybe breakfast and that’s due to the omelet station and pineapple if you grab it as soon as they put it on the bar. If you do not get to the buffet first, good luck because flies, flies, and more flies hang out and on the food and it seems to be the normal thing over there.

Zen pool is great but the main pool has issues. The plastic liner at the bottom of the pool is worn, so several people tripped while walking around the pool. Also female guests walk around the main pool TOPLESS and no one says a thing. That is not okay when you have children playing in the pool.

Needless to say Club Med did not meet our expectations and for all the money we paid I expected 100% better.

Date of stay: May 2019
4  Thank Agilbert0702
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Best vacation ever. Theo the best GO . He is the best GO at club Med and is very cool and chill. The resort is fun and there is a lot to do and the vacation was great. This was a great vacations and I highly recommend. X-Force!

1  Thank Oliver K

Thanks for your review of Club Med Punta Cana! We are glad to hear that you had a great vacation and ejoyed the resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed June 7, 2019

Was there for the first week of June and it was a great last vacation with my kids before they both go away to college. Food was great and ample. I ate way too much cheese and chocolate bread as usual. Fresh fish every day. I was a GO back in the day and the reason I go to Club Med now is for the people and the activities. I was not disappointed at Punta Cana. From Teddy on down the GOs were awesome. Larry, Jarry and rest of the landsports GOs were awesome, the whole tennis staff with Ramon and Guy et al, made me feel like a part of the family. Theo from mini club was a beach volleyball machine and the friendliest guy in the world, especially to my son. Gaby in the circus was super helpful. The facilities were top notch. Each kid and I got our own room, three in a row. Beautiful and clean. The pools were beautiful, the beaches were pristine and for the most part sea grass free, and all the water sports GOs were helpful and patient. The cool thing is it's almost two different clubs with the Zen Oasis providing adult only quiet and top resort class in addition to the Club Med joie de vivre. I would recommend this club to anyone. Here's how I'd make it better: Find a way to improve the WiFi. It was in and out and non-existent out on the far tennis courts and some other places. Also, not sure why they don't have boats ferry snorklers out to the reef, which I imagine would improve the quality of the snorkeling. Lastly, the cost of all the extras was way higher than I thought it should be. A tube of sun screen from the boutique cost me $25. I would have loved to buy the pictures the ever present photographers took of us, but at 20 bucks per pic or 200 for all of them, I stuck to the ones I took myself. Most of the excursions were $150 plus per person. Regardless, this is the place to go for relaxing and great activities. They even had Dominican Freddy Mercury fronting a Queen cover band and bringing down the house.

1  Thank ScottfromOP

Thanks for your review of Club Med Punta Cana! We are so excited to hear that you used to be apart of the GO Team and that you and your kids had a great family vacation. We hope to see you again soon for some more family fun! The Club Med Team