11,760 results
All reviews hispaniola restaurant chef de village circus team zen pool flying trapeze crazy signs the white chocolate bread la cave indigo bar tennis team couscous team tiara suites tiara section trident space spoke french cirque du fitness classes
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I vacationed here from 5/25-6/1 and we will not return to a Club Med location. My husband and I stayed at Zen Oasis and my other family members had Club rooms since they were traveling with children. The staff at the bars and restaurants on the entire property were friendly and helpful the entire trip. The front desk and concierge employees along with housekeeping were NOT so great. The grounds are kept looking beautiful, but Club Med needs to focus on improving the rooms and the main pool area STAT.

Zen Oasis rooms are the only decent rooms. The only issue is we had no electricity for 2 nights we were there. Zen’s Concierge employees have the worst attitude and acted as if me reporting our issue was an inconvenience. The front desk was just as bad. We could not enjoy our patio area because all the furniture was covered in MOLD. Housekeeping only provides 2 washcloths and when we called the front desk and concierge SEVERAL times they finally asked why would we need more than two?

The Club Rooms and Family rooms are gross. I’m glad I chose Zen because I would have cried my entire trip if I had to sleep there. I felt bad for my family with children. Upon arrival their room was dirty and they had NO washcloths so I’m not sure why this resort is stingy about washcloths. Their A/C did not work nor did the TV remote and after calling the front desk several times they were required to wait until the NEXT day before they could put in a request to move.

If you have children Mini Club is not sanitary. My niece contracted Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease while there. If you report it the staff only says “that’s common in daycare.” One would think Mini Club would focus on sanitation since previous reviews have reported the same issue. FYI this is not common.

Food is horrible. Probably a notch below the quality of Golden Corral in the U.S. Best meal maybe breakfast and that’s due to the omelet station and pineapple if you grab it as soon as they put it on the bar. If you do not get to the buffet first, good luck because flies, flies, and more flies hang out and on the food and it seems to be the normal thing over there.

Zen pool is great but the main pool has issues. The plastic liner at the bottom of the pool is worn, so several people tripped while walking around the pool. Also female guests walk around the main pool TOPLESS and no one says a thing. That is not okay when you have children playing in the pool.

Needless to say Club Med did not meet our expectations and for all the money we paid I expected 100% better.

4  Thank Agilbert0702
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Best vacation ever. Theo the best GO . He is the best GO at club Med and is very cool and chill. The resort is fun and there is a lot to do and the vacation was great. This was a great vacations and I highly recommend. X-Force!

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank Oliver K
ClubMed, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for your review of Club Med Punta Cana! We are glad to hear that you had a great vacation and ejoyed the resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was there for the first week of June and it was a great last vacation with my kids before they both go away to college. Food was great and ample. I ate way too much cheese and chocolate bread as usual. Fresh fish every day. I was a GO back in the day and the reason I go to Club Med now is for the people and the activities. I was not disappointed at Punta Cana. From Teddy on down the GOs were awesome. Larry, Jarry and rest of the landsports GOs were awesome, the whole tennis staff with Ramon and Guy et al, made me feel like a part of the family. Theo from mini club was a beach volleyball machine and the friendliest guy in the world, especially to my son. Gaby in the circus was super helpful. The facilities were top notch. Each kid and I got our own room, three in a row. Beautiful and clean. The pools were beautiful, the beaches were pristine and for the most part sea grass free, and all the water sports GOs were helpful and patient. The cool thing is it's almost two different clubs with the Zen Oasis providing adult only quiet and top resort class in addition to the Club Med joie de vivre. I would recommend this club to anyone. Here's how I'd make it better: Find a way to improve the WiFi. It was in and out and non-existent out on the far tennis courts and some other places. Also, not sure why they don't have boats ferry snorklers out to the reef, which I imagine would improve the quality of the snorkeling. Lastly, the cost of all the extras was way higher than I thought it should be. A tube of sun screen from the boutique cost me $25. I would have loved to buy the pictures the ever present photographers took of us, but at 20 bucks per pic or 200 for all of them, I stuck to the ones I took myself. Most of the excursions were $150 plus per person. Regardless, this is the place to go for relaxing and great activities. They even had Dominican Freddy Mercury fronting a Queen cover band and bringing down the house.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank ScottfromOP

Thanks for your review of Club Med Punta Cana! We are so excited to hear that you used to be apart of the GO Team and that you and your kids had a great family vacation. We hope to see you again soon for some more family fun! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly, the staff here make everything okay. They were really friendly and helpful all the time. Honestly, this resort needs to be updated and revamped, just our luck that half this place was under construction while we were trying to unwind. One of the restaurants was completely closed during our stay due to maintenance as well as most of the kids area which completely sucked. The area that was open had constant noise from angle grinders, saws and worker hammering. For the price we paid, I feel a little cheated and I know there are other hotels in the Dominican Republic that offer way more for the price. We also happened to use our balcony when in our room which was littered with bottles, old hats and tampons. When we notified the front desk, they did absolutely nothing.

1  Thank kevo333
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am literally nursing my youngest daughter from “Hand Foot and Mouth” that she contracted in Punta Cana at Club Med. I know this because there were reviews saying this was going around. Obviously some things cannot be avoided but when you select a resort primarily based on their Kids Club, one would expect a heightened level of sanitation in order to avoid future instances.

The family rooms were very average and there was no television in the kids area when there is a location on the wall for it. Service from the GOs was good but the serving staff was not very friendly or helpful. Best level of service came from the resort spa as they did accommodate me when one of their therapists was late for my massage. They kindly addressed the issue. Food was good but limited to only two restaurants and no room service or late night snacks.

Room tip: Zen Oasis but for adults only
  • Trip type: Traveled with family