Let me start by saying I was apprehensive about going. I have been to Club Meds in the past, but haven't been to one in 20 years (purposely), so I knew the deal. Went with my family - adults and children, but I had no children with me. Yes, this is the perfect vacation with children, but if you don't have children, don't go if you want peace and quiet. The best thing about this Club Med is the setting - the beach and water are magnificent. For me, that was the saving grace.
It has been recently renovated and they did a nice job. The rooms were very decent (not what I remember of Club Med). Very hip - kind of what you would expect in a boutique hotel. We had nice porch facing the water, but set back. They built a lovely spa, but none of us thought our services were great. They did a really nice job with both bars - one on the beach and one near the main building. We would go to the bar after dinner around 9:00 and they played the same music every night. They should have a D.J. playing music to encourage people to dance. I believe the beach bar had music starting at 11:00, but I gather most people with children are already in their rooms.
The dining rooms - there are two, are very nice, but the food is very average. Every meal is a buffet and I can't say there was one thing that I thought was delicious. It's very repetitive, although there is a big selection. Even the fruit and baked good were tasteless. At breakfast, they had one person making eggs so you had to wait forever and then, it's not even good. And, if you love your morning coffee, you will be very disappointed - THE COFFEE IS AWFUL. I would take a couple of sips because I was desperate. I couldn't wait to get home to eat great food and drink my coffee.
Last but not least, one of the kids was stung by a jellyfish. They rushed him to the nurse's office only to find out that she was on a break. The front desk then called her and they had to wait 20 minutes until she appeared. That is unacceptable and dangerous. It makes no sense that they don't have two people covering for each other. What if the situation were life threatening??????? Another annoying thing was the front desk. If you have a question, or are checking in/out you have to wait in line for what seems to be forever. Very inefficient.
All in all, I enjoyed my time with my family and was happy on the beach, when there weren't little kids running around screaming (which was rare). I am used to staying at 5 star resorts or renting villas, and that's what I prefer. I'm never going back to Club Med, but if you have children and don't want to spend a fortune, then Club Med Punta Cana is a good choice. Just know what to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic