“Paradise found!”

Ranked #43 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
“Paradise found!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days with the whole resort bring taken over by the company I am part of. Couldn't fault the wide selection of food which catered for all the nationalities involved in our holiday.
Luckily we had a suite (Tiara 5*) right on our own private beach and use of the private infinity pool. Only downside (if you can call it that!) was lack of seating on our organised events evenings. Other than that.....fabulous!!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank izziep1610

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This resort is a families paradise! If you are planning a family trip, this is the perfect! Just imagine, sitting by the pool or the beach, sipping your martini, lying in the sun! It is perfect. I went there with my husband and my two daughters (11 and 13) who were both in the Passworld (Teen Club). Everyone enjoyed themselves and by the end of the week, nobody wanted to go home. There is a show every night and always some fitness class in the beach hut. The staff were great especially the girl's favorite, Obed. The food was great and the rooms were a great size and even had a balcony. Overall, the resort was probably the best family vacation we have been on! Hope this review was useful!

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room close to the pool and beach because it can be a long walk from you...
2 Thank Anna S
New York
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was the second year in a row that my family and I stayed in the 5 Trident Space at Club Med Punta Cana. It was lovely. More than enough room for my husband and I and our 3 year old. Wonderful to have 2 bathrooms and a separate room for our daughter. We were right off the private pool which was very nice, including the private bar, parties and barb-b-ques. She also enjoyed the camp pool with slides, etc. and also the large main pool with a very large shallow end.

Room Tip: If you can afford 5 Trident, go for it. Otherwise, I've heard mixed reviews about the other acco...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Nancy96
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful week at Punta Cana but there are a number of reasons why we won't be returning. For the price we paid, the rooms were not exactly luxurious and the food was very ordinary. Also, it is a French speaking resort and our kids were not excited about the kids club for that reason. We have been to the Club med resort in Florida and while it's not as picturesque and there's no beach, I think it was way better for English speaking families.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank eimsholden
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I just returned from Club Med Punta Cana with our baby, and had an amazing time. We would for sure go again. We don't normally do all inclusives (in fact the last time I stayed at one was on spring break in Jamaica in the '90s. Gulp!) But with the baby, and our last minute planning, it was just perfect. We had such a good time. The GO's really go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and have a fun time. The main language is French, but we had no communication issues. Most GOs speak excellent English. And it was fun to be immersed in the French!

I will break down the resort this way:
If you are looking for a beautiful, easy, relaxing and fun filled family vacation in the Caribbean with nice people, this is your place. If you are looking for a Four Seasons, or couples only resort, stay somewhere else.

I was a bit nervous upon arrival, as some of the reviews are pretty frightening. My advice: ignore all the 1 and 2 star reviews. They are people who did not do their research or had a very unusual experience.

Rooms: We had a wonderful, centrally located room that overlooked the pool and ocean. Some reviewers complained the resort is large and they had to walk far from their rooms to main areas. If you are travelling with someone who has a hard time walking, I would ask for a centrally located room. Otherwise, enjoy the beautiful weather, lush tropical gardens and friendly "bonjours" on your walks. Our room was clean and comfortable. Again, not a Four Seasons, but we had no problems. There was a separate living area we put the pack n play for my son. Daily maid service was excellent, plenty of towels and bottle water daily. I did not drink the water in the room, but we bathed and brushed our teeth, no problem.

Food: Some people complained about the buffets, and no table service. People, it clearly says this on the website. Hispanola is more causual and on water. It is open, so yes, there are some birds. If you expect to go to the Caribbean and not see birds, well then that's pretty funny. They are small and cause no problem. The dinners here were not quite as good. Samana usually had more choices for meals, and overall I think better dinner selections. The beach bar has snacks, and burgers and stuff if you get hungry in between meals, or your kids need an early dinner. I give the food 4 stars. There is always fresh bread, cheese and tropical fruit available. The salad area is terrific, and I loved the dessert tables. The entrees for lunch or dinner can be hit or miss. But, it's an all you can eat so if you get something you don't like just get something else! They always have pizza, chicken nuggets or burgers for picky americans or kids. I didn't try any of that, because, well, unless you're 10 why would you? But the option is there. I read some reviews that the wine is bad. Most of the people at the resort are french, and I didn't see any of them either compain or order (and pay) for something else. Need I say more? We drank the water at the restaurants and ate the food for 6 days and did not have any stomach problems.

Child Care/Clubs: The kids clubs are fantastic. You can use the facilities without signing your child up for the clubs (play ground, splash pool, etc.) The GOs in the kids clubs are super nice, and all the kids around the resort looked like they were having a fantasic time. A lot of the speaking is in French, but I was told that there is always someone who speaks English. We did not sign up ahead of time for the baby club. I wanted to see it first and talk to the people. I should note here I stay home, so my 9 month old had never been in a day care setting. I decided not to sign him up. The people were very nice, and the facility clean. If your baby is used to a day care setting, I am sure you would have no problems. We did use the Pygama club at night, and this was great. My son had no problem going to bed in their crib (and they have multiple people watching the kids at night,) but would always wake up on the way back to the room at 11 pm or whenever.

We opted to use a baby sitter during the day. We had a Spanish only speaking lady named Dorka, and she was AMAZING, I mean really, I wish I could have brought her back to the states! She was nice, professional, and my son was comfortable with her. The second or third time she came, he started squealing and laughing. I was able to get by in Spanish, but they also do have English and of course French speaking. They wear bright pink shirts, and walk the babies around the resort, naps, everything. Just give instrucitons on what you want/need. Being able to have my son taken care of in a 1:1 situation was wonderful, my husband and I had some alone time to do water sports, and time to ourselves individually. Fantastic. I was concerned at first, but the sitters are Club Med employees, they just don't live at the resort. My experience with Dorka was one of the highlights of the trip. Parents, you understand, it is hard to trust your child with someone else! She, and Club Med, made it super easy.

The majority of people at the resort have babies/small children, and the resort really caters well to families. We were provided everything, including a stroller. It was always funny to see strollers around, (and many people park their strollers with the babies inside at the disco! We tried, that, our son was not having it.) Again, if you want to avoid small children, stay elsewhere.
Both restaurants have a baby corner, with blender and baby food. We had brought our own baby food in those bags (since I didn't know,) and they also have yogurt and such.

Activities: Something for everyone. Literally. Make sure you check out the daily activity calendar! We kayaked, and my husband did the sailing and windsurfing, SO much fun. The only negative was the snorkeling wasn't as good as other Caribbean spots, or Hawaii. Oh well. The water is warm, clear and just beautiful. My husband did say there was a fairly strong current not too far off the beach, so be careful. The beach is gorgeous, with plenty of space. The pool was also very nice. While we used it, we didn't get chairs most days, as we're not a sit at the pool type of people. If this is important to you I would recommend staking out some chairs in the AM. I did water aerobics in the pool, so much fun! We didn't try the circus, archery or tennis, we chose to focus on the water activities. We also did not use the spa, but it looked very pretty and I heard it was wonderful. The main bar, Cielo, has snacks mid morning and great espresso drinks. And the beach bar makes great caipirinhas! We didn't do any of the excursions, heard they are not worth it.

Evening entertainment: SUPER fun. THey have a show, which we saw only one night, It was fun, but hot in the theater. We enjoyed having dinner on our own, and sitting at the bar talking, enjoying music and people watching. At about 10:30 pm once the show is over, the GOs come running into the bar area, and it becomes a disco! You can watch them dance, or join. Really fun. And often the party moves to the beach.

Bugs: It's the Caribbean. Some reviews complained about spraying pesticides. In case you're not aware, this island has cases of malaria. I would rather have the spray. If you see it, just don't walk by. Not a big deal. And for the Caribbean, there really were very few bugs around. And funny, most that we saw (mosquitos) were in the room.... I used some spray on my son in the PM, and on my own ankles/feet, and we were fine.

We did the tranfer from the airport to the resort, it was for sure overpriced but just easier with the baby. NO problems on arrival or departure. (The airport is super hot though!!)

The resort does have shops (that are of course overpriced) to buy bathing suits, sandals, diapers, advil, etc. You can also buy beach and pool toys.

Each night is a theme, which was fun, although we didn't usually partake (I have no organge clothes.) That was fun.

Bring lots of sunscreen, bathing suits and beach wear, and be prepared to have an amazing time!

Hope this review was useful!!

15 Thank Joanie D
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Being a teenager my self I know that we often spend most of our time when we are with our family, complaining. Not at Club Med Punta Cana though, at the Passworld teen club for ages 11-17, I had one of the best experiences of my life. The G.O.'s (leaders) of the program were amazing, Charly and Aurelien never stopped making me laugh, and Jess was like a big sister to me always giving me good advice and letting me know I mattered. I met so many new friends and tried so many new things: Sailing, Snorkeling, Trapeze to name a few. The environment was always so positive and I hope I get to meet these people again some day.

New York City
Reviewed April 3, 2014

On our first trip to Club Med in Punta Cana, we had mixed feelings. So big. So noisy. So many kids. It's still big, but Club Med has made admirable strides toward creating a resort that fits the bill for all kinds of people. There are numerous places on the beautiful beach to stretch out -- either in a crowd or in solitude. The dining rooms have been rejiggered to create a more intimate feel. The food, as always, is excellent. The rooms have been upgraded. And there are always multiple Club Med activities to test and stretch the body. Special kudos to Crystal, the assistant Chef de Village, who seemed to be everywhere all the time; to Lou -- who brings Zumba to new heights; Ramon who runs a tight ship in tennis, and to the accommodating Club Med travel agents (they did a great job scheduling a complicated trip for us) and all the GOs handling reception/guest services. Two requests: Schedule exercise routines so they don't overlap. Get some catamarans as at Columbus Isle, Turks and Cancun. The strong winds and waves can make those lasers VERY challenging for the casual sailors -- and for the experienced sailors, too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple