We stayed here with our youngest son, a teenager. The property itself is fantastic, and huge. The grounds are well kept, with great stretches of beaches. We stayed in the 5T Trident space, which was wonderful--beautiful room right near the ocean, private pool, dedicated bar. Castillo at the pool is very helpful, while Vincent oversees the Trident space with a smile on his face and always checking in to be helpful.
The activities were great. It is like a big summer camp, with a lot of things to do (although a little quieter at many activities that were closed from 12-3). If you like outdoor activities and the beach, this is the place to go. We found the GQs to be very friendly and knowledgeable, especially Mad Max at the circus, Rube at archery, Charles at tennis, and Melanie at sailing.
The food was reasonably good--lots of variety. We found they did the basics better than the fancier things. We ate plenty of fruit at every meal, and the staff in the restaurants did a nice job.
When we were there in mid-June the property was about 40% full. You'll want to like younger kids....there are a LOT of them there, and strollers seem to be everywhere. We love kids....but definitely a much different vibe than, for example, Club Med Turquoise, where we were a few years ago.
Overall, a great experience. Thank you Club Med.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic