Beautiful setting on the ocean with a reef between the resort and the ocean. I say this because the CM website is not clear that you are ON the ocean. They talk about a lagoon but they don't say it is ocean front. We went to the CM in FL, it was on a river with jellyfish, so I wasn't sure about Punta Cana, but it was the real deal, direct oceanfront. CM has to get this right on their website.
Rooms are simple, you're not supposed to be in your room, you only sleep and bathe there. The bed made my back hurt, it was too firm. Our room was a long walk from pool/beach etc. I am not lazy about walking, but I did get a blister early in the vacation from all the walking. Therefore, I did not spend money at the spa, too bad for CM.
There is no coin-op laundry, I have never been to an oceanfront all-inclusive that did not have a coin-op laundry. We hand washed because I refuse to pay resort prices for laundry services.
Sunscreen - bring more than you think you need. If you have to buy it at the resort, it costs between $23 and $50/bottle. Sun is intense.
Tennis - we played a lot of tennis. Was better than we expected, but not as good as FL. The lessons can be more like drills, a little light on actual instruction depending on who is teaching. Some of the courts need work. Tournaments are good.
Kayaking - Bring water shoes if you want to go kayaking. I stepped on a sea urchin on the dead coral reef. The infirmary was quite busy.
Food - 98% great. The sushi, lobster, and BBQ pork was AWFUL, most everything else was great.
The teen club was disappointing compared to the one in Sandpiper Bay.
For all that you pay, I think you should not have to pay extra for the internet, which doesn't work that well anyway.
Transportation from airport to hotel and back was pretty much flawless. They said it was 5 minutes to the airport, it was more like 6 minutes, but who's counting.
The people that worked there were very nice. Everyone tried very hard to communicate in our language.
Don't bother with the short snorkeling trip, it is an expensive 3 minute boat ride out to a partially dead coral reef.
Think that's it, enjoy your trip, you can't go wrong at CM Punta Cana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic