My family of 4 (with two daughters, ages 2 and 5.5 years old) just returned from spending 8 days at the Club Med Punta Cana (Feb 21-March 1). In a nutshell, this was our best family vacation ever and this was because of the incredible GOs and staff at the resort. This was our 3rd trip to Club Med (Ixtapa, Mexico and Sandpiper, Florida). Last year, we tried the Beaches chain (Beaches Ocho Rios, Jamaica) and we were very disappointed by the experience (especially the childcare and lack of activities). So we were thrilled to book a trip with Club Med and we hope to return to Punta Cana next year! Here's a few highlights:
Mini and Petit Club: The GOs for both groups (Snoopies for 4-5 year olds and the Petit club for 2-3 year olds) were incredibly warm, friendly, hardworking, patient, energetic and attentive. When my girsl arrived for the first time, they were very anxious but the GOs were great at making them feel comfortable and distracting them with various activities. As a mom, I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this team of caregivers to anyone. My girls enjoyed a week of swimming, playing at the beach, tennis, trampoline and the special events which included an amazing kids performance! A big thanks goes to the GOs from the Snoopies group: Ronald, Folka, Misciu, Simone and Elly Boom Boom and to the Petit Club GOs: Stephanie, Emmanual and the others (sorry for forgetting your names)! You guys are incredible!!!
Activities: There's so much to do at Club Med! I highly enjoyed the aqua fit classes in the ocean and pool, the spa, along with tennis and Zumba classes, and lounging at the beach. The property is very well maintained and the staff are terrific!
Food: I'm a self-proclaimed foodie and the food at Club Med was terrific! Both restaurants offer a buffet-style format which makes it easy for those with inpatient, small children. The selection was diverse and very fresh!
Accomodations: We stayed in a family club room, which is situated in the Colon building nearby the Mini Club. The property is very large, so this is a good location though you can occasionally hear the night club at night. The room itself is small but highly functional where parents and children have seperate rooms. The cleaning staff were amazing and they worked very hard to keep everything clean.
In closing, this was an excellent vacation and our family will cherish these wonderful memories. Thanks to the Club Med Punta Cana team!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med and BookIt.com so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic