This is the second time we have been to the Punta Cana Club Med (mid December 2011 and 2012).
In short, these have undoubtedly been the best family vacations we ever had. The resort had every thinkable amenity (granted, not 5 star level, but that's not why you should come here) and made each of us (my very pregnant wife, our 3 and 5 year old girls, and myself) relaxed and happy every day. What else do you need?!
There are two things that some people may find less appealing though:
1. The main spoken language here is French. Everyone can speak English but, especially if you end up here during a French school break, you'll hear a lot of, well, French. I grew up in Europe so I'm used to vacationing in countries without understanding everything :-) But the staff, and especially the French, are so outgoing, it doesn't really matter what they speak!
2. This is a kids resort. You may well find kids outnumbering the adults. So if you don't come here with kids, you may find that, shall we say, irritating. Or not. For us, however, it was the main attraction!
The Petit and Mini club were so incredibly organized that even my wife was able to let our 3 year old (2 year old a year ago) out of her sight every day, which is something she hadn't done, ever (except for our nanny back home in NY). The staff at the kids club were so caring and engaged, we were really impressed. This year there were actually several kids with disabilities (one of them in a wheelchair) who received special attention and always had a staff member more or less dedicated to them.
There were other amazing staff members, too many to mention - I do have to mention Daphne and Roseline at the Mini Club, Javi at the front desk, the tennis guys (Ramon and Nelson) and Ines at the Hispaniola restaurant - who tirelessly took my fried egg and omelet orders!
So if you want a relaxing family vacation in paradise where everyone gets to have a "true" vacation (not one where you are more exhausted afterwards than before from looking after your kids) - then this is it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic