The chief of the village, Eduardo, was beyond belief. This was our 10th Club Med stay, and he was clearly the best ever. He must have spent three hours/day talking with the guests, soliciting their input. And the G/O’s loved him! They went out of their way to satisfy Eduardo and to emulate his example of professionalism. The result was a smooth-running and efficient operation.
Of particular note were Sylvia and Marianne in the Activities tent, Marie at the front desk, Jennifer (dance lessons), and Rub in the archery center.
Wow, wow, wow…the best we have ever had at any all-inclusive! It was indescribably delicious, and although we seldom ventured past the pasta station, the variety was amazing. Since 75% of the G/M’s are French, the emphasis had to be on extraordinary dining, and the mission was accomplished! Even the free white wine was a delight!
It is a truly beautiful layout, dominated by coconut groves. The sand is a very fine white color and there are no rocks or seaweed, with the beach extending out at far as you can wade. The water is clear and warm enough for swimming. A real plus is that the beach is private to Club Med with no outsiders let in!
The village is the second largest of all the Club Med’s, having the capacity to accommodate 1700 guests. In spite of that, the village is laid out smartly, and it’s never far from one venue to another. The rooms are adequate-to-good.
It was with high degree of trepidation that we booked ourselves at a club that catered to kids. However, this was perhaps our most pleasant surprise! They have the children split into groups according to their ages, and they work their tails off every day! You see them marching together from one activity to the next. They were kept busy all the time and were controlled exceptionally well. It was such a wonderful experience seeing the interaction of the kids with their families, each other, and the GO's. In fact, the best evening show featured the children in a circus program, demonstrating the skills they had acquired during the week.
The fitness classes, yoga, and pool aerobics, were first-class. In particular, as mentioned previously, Sylvia and Marianne were outstanding!
The tennis courts were the only downside to our stay. There are two pock-marked, painted-over cement courts and these were the only ones that we could tolerate! On the other 12 courts it felt as if the surface was plywood! No matter how you hit the ball, it refused to bounce higher than your knees! It was a very disappointing experience!
It was fabulous! Having a chief like Eduardo ensures that your vacation will indeed be pleasurable and worry-free!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic