Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$225
$153
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

$463
$159
Official Site
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

$355
$266
Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
$311
$243
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$258
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$475
$371
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$211
$164
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$367
$260
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$365
$242
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$153
$104
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

11,817 results
All reviewsplatinum loungebella pastaplatinum packagebungalow suiteplatinum beachplatinum sectionjustin biebermain lobbyel pescadorlobby buffeta la carte restaurantsseafoodthe lion kinganimation teamdominican republicsteakmake reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I flew from London and caught a connecting flight in Paris, then flew to Punta Cana. We did good time across the Atlantic, and that's when things got interesting. The plane couldn't land on initial attempt as there was a storm, so the pilot circled for the better part of an hour before he decided to try again. This time he managed it to the relief of everyone on board.

It was raining throughout the rest of the evening, so I figured at the time I checked in that this was a sign of things to come over the week I was here for.
The very next morning however, I woke up to a glorious sunrise, and one of the most beautiful scene I've seen for quite some time. There was a meandering and sparkling pool across the way from the balcony, with manicured lawns punctuated by cobbled paths. I just happen to get a room with partial Seaview, and the beach looked tantalisingly inviting.
The vivid colours on the buildings I think reflects the culture, and I really like it. The suite I got was on point, and it could easily sleep four with the use as well of the sofa/hide-a-bed.
The jacuzzi is a nice addition though I didn't use it much. The shower room is spacious enough, and there's a safe, mini fridge and all the extras you'd expect in a five star suite. The restaurants I've seen are run by an enthusiastic and helpful staff. Every one of the staff I've come into contact with has been gracious in their role. Great resort, great staff.
Special shout out to Franklin, Patrick, Grey, my driver Jose and a few more whose names have slipped me.

Before the next six months I'll be back, because I feel I have unfinished business there.
With the imminent arrival of hurricane Maria, we were advised to make the decision to stay or not, so I chose to leave a couple a days early.

Overall, the hospitality of the people, and the beauty of the place made it a glorious trip.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
4  Thank Patrick P
Community-Princess, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear Patrick P.
Thank you for you for sharing the comments of your stay at Bavaro Princess.
We are extremely happy that you choose our hotel as your tourist destination and we highly appreciate all the recognition you give to our service in general. We love your review highlighting what made you feel pleased and happy staying within us.
We invite you to join our community visiting our Facebook Hotel Bavaro Princess to become part of our family and interact with our staff.
We are looking forward to welcome you on your next trip to the Caribbean.
Cordial greetings,

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Absolutely beautiful resort right on a gorgeous beach. Lots of food options but not a lot of nightly entertainment. We were also petty disappointed the pool bar was under construction during our stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian S

Dear Adrian S.
Thank you for posting a review of your trip at Bavaro Princess.
We are thankful and happy that choose our resort as your tourist destination and we appreciate all the compliments regarding our property and all the advantage this service offers. We love your short but concise review highlighting what made you feel please and happy during your time at our property.
On the other hand we do apologize for any possible inconvenience you might have experienced while you were staying within us.
We invite you to join our community visiting our Facebook fan page Hotel Bavaro Princess to become part of our Princess family and interact with our staff.
We hope to have the privilege to be your host again on your next trip to the Caribbean.
Best wishes,

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Poor Condition of Tram. - 2 of the Trams to take you around property have just fibre glass seats, 1 of seats which was broken jagged edge on seat which can cut your leg when wearing a shorts. Also with the cobble stone roads every jerk/bump on road was felt, only saw 1 tram with cushion seats. Food atrocious to say the least. Flies lighting on food, in full view of staff, who did nothing to shoo them off. Bug seen in yogurt (when shown to staff by a guest he simply dipped a spoon to remove it). This in my opinion should have been removed from display. Staff mostly were courteous, except for 1 incidence when entering the main buffet restaurant, tried to clean hands with sanitizer at door, nothing came out, showed this to lady staff at door, who just shrugged her shoulders as if to say what has that got to do with me. Beach & service at beach was excellent. Had water leak in room which was attended to. Left Sunday Sept 17th, however on the Saturday Sept 16th room was not cleaned. (Each day left $2US tip as incentive along with bar of chocolate, as cleaning staff earn very little). After returning from beach around 4PM had to call house keeping who came after 7 when we had left for dinner. During my visit some of the a la carte restaurants were not open. Staff cited this was due to slow season. Went to 1 a carte El Pescador for a quiet dinner. There was an annoying 3 person band who were going to each table, and singing in the loudest voice. Management please be advised the musicians should ask diners if they wished to have the music, then on top after finishing their song they were selling CD,s This is unbelievable for a 5 star (which is marketed to vacationers). Management should know better that there will be down times, not throughout the year you will have a high rate occupancy. Overall I would rate this Platinum Section a 4 star. I have been to the Bavarro Princess before, but not the Platinum. This Bavarro Platinum is no comparison to the other 5 stars I've been to i.e Bahia Principe Esmeralda / Palladium Turquesa / Royal Catalonia. I have been going to the DR for the past 20 years and have seen lots of improvement I.e roads from airport / airport itself. I have also been to 3 & 4 stars over this period, so both myself & wife have a very good perspective on what a 5, 4 & 3 star hotel in the DR should be comparable to. This is an objective view for this hotel, and is no way subjective, as only by the resorts management knowing their short comings can they retain the 5 star rating.

Room Tip: You have no option in choosing a room. The hotel allocates the room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sgadecastro71
Community-Princess, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Dear Sgadecastro71.
Thank you for your feedback.
We are glad that you choose our resort as your holiday destination as well as for the compliments regarding our hotel facilities but we deeply regret that your recent experience staying at our property was not as good as you were planning as our main goal is try to please all our guest’s expectations.
We want to extend our most sincere apologies for any possible inconvenience you might have experienced while you were staying within us and we highly appreciate that you bring these issues to our attention in order to take all the necessary measures that let us to improve our quality and avoid a similar situation in the future with other guests.
One more time we regret that you did not enjoy as much as you were expecting and we would like to have another opportunity to welcome you on your next trip to the Caribbean as we are sure that we can do it better in the future. Please feel free to contact us in advance if we can do something for you.
J. De La Vieja
Bávaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa and Casino.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Arrived in Punta Cana to lots of sun and friendly atmosphere. Checked into the Platinum Suites. The beach was wonderful however the beach towels were old and tattered and felt like sandpaper on your skin. When it rained (on two occasions) there were leaks from the ceiling in two places in the room. These things should not happen in a five star resort. My friends also had leaks in their Platinum Suites.The food at the buffet restaurants was not consistent. Sometimes good with a good variety, sometimes not so good and with a meagre variety. However service was always excellent at the main buffet. Loved Dominican night at the buffet and totally enjoyed the food. Also we never knew whether the buffet near the beach was serving a full beakfast or just a continental breakfast until you showed up. They would tell us one thing and we would show up to something different. There were a lot of flies at the main buffet and because it was an open air restaurant the birds were sometimes walking on the tables or stealing the sugar packets. Not very hygienic. With regard to the a la cartes it was quite a shock that they were not all open every day. They did not tell us this on check in. People choose all inclusives based on the number of restaurants and bars they can go to. If they say they have 17 restaurants they should all be open in high season as well as low season. We paid quite a bit to visit this resort to stay in the Platinum Suites so this to me was not acceptable. We visited one a la carte El Pescador. The food was good. However we were not asked if we wanted to be serenaded- we were just given a choice of happy or romantic music. Since the singers were very loud at the other tables we chose romantic thinking it would be quieter. It was VERY loud - and they went to every table, played their music and tried to sell their cd. This would not have been a problem if they were not SO loud. Dinner music should be nice and quiet. Entertainment on the whole was very poor/ non-existent so bring your pack of cards or something to entertain yourselves in the evening. Got eaten by mosquitoes, not sure they sprayed even though they said they did.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank caprigirl2017

Dear Caprigirl2017.
Thank you for your feedback.
J. De La Vieja
Bávaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa and Casino.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

The animation staff was incredible. I spent my birthday at the hotel and they did everything possible to make my stay special. Alex, Justin Bieber, and Chavely, three members of the animation team really went the extra mile for my sister and I. They were always greeting us with smiles and love. I also was there during hurricane Irma and the hotel did a great job in preparing for it. They made sure to minimize risk for the guests and to make sure guests had food and water. It was a great experience overall the hotel is gorgeous, peacocks walk around with their babies. The rooms were cleaned daily, The food was good on most days.

Room Tip: JR suites are closest to wifi and night life (better for party-goers)
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank analeniscastano
Community-Princess, General Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear Analenicastano.
Thank you for posting a review of your trip at Bavaro Princess.
We are extremely happy that you choose our hotel as your tourist destination to celebrate your birthday as well as for all the compliments on the dedication and friendliness of our staff and everything we offer. We would like to take this opportunity to wish many more years of good health to continue celebrating together.
We invite you to join our community visiting our Facebook fan page Hotel Bavaro Princess to become part of our family and interact with our staff. We will forward your comments to all our staff members you mentioned as they will be happy knowing from you as they will be more than happy knowing from you.
We cannot wait to welcome you very soon on your next trip to this amazing island.