$463
$311
$243
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$258
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$475
$371
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$333
$260
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$211
$143
Bookit.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$365
$242
Melia.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $300/night.

Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$104
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$198
$147
Melia.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

11,815 results
All reviewsplatinum loungebella pastaplatinum packagebungalow suiteplatinum beachplatinum sectionjustin biebermain lobbyel pescadorlobby buffeta la carte restaurantsseafoodthe lion kinganimation teamdominican republicsteakmake reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2009

They will take advantage of any one, I made few phone calls using my credit card, and the bill was 47.01 for a 2 minute call. What a rip off by the resort, on top of that they also changed me $2.00 US per call, when I checked out. If you go out side of the resort there are people waiting to take advantage of the tourist, over all it was a bad experience for me. I been to cuba few time, I love that place.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank sutha777
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I would start by saying we have traveled to the Caribean many times and we are NOT picky people.

The ride from the airport is bumpy and the drivers are crazy, however you ARE on vacation. Enjoy it and relax, you will get there in one piece.
Check in was a breeze. We had emailed the resort twice prior to arrival and asked that our group of 6 be in one building and close to the ocean. We got just that!

The resort is one of the largest resorts we have ever been to, the reviews you read on here are true in that you will need to use the trolly to get around the grounds. The grounds are some of the beautiful grounds around. Many animals, flowers and trees.

The rooms are nice, dated but nice. A tip here and there will go a long way with the maids. We did experience many bug bites while sleeping, but remember you are in the Dominican Republic, there are bugs. If you are going to this resort to stay in the room and are expecting a lavish room, then don't go here.

The food was OK. We are not ones to live by a schedule while on vacation so we only ate at the restaurants once. We ate at the Italian and is was fantastic. We did have friends that ate at the seafood restaurant and had lobster and got sick for the evening. We mostly ate at the buffet. The main buffet opens at 7:00PM for dinner and they had a different selection each nite. Again you are in the Dominican, you do need to watch what you eat. The dissapointment was the breakfast in the main buffet. Not very good.

There is also a snack bar on the beach that serves Hamburgers, Hotdogs and fries. At 12:30PM the beach buffet opens for lunch with a wider selection of food.

The pool is fantastic as is the swim up bar. The only downside is that they tend to let the kids run wild around the swin up bar. If you are trying to enjoy a drink with friends at the bar and kids are taking up 5 stools at the bar it becomes an issue. The staff is very friendly and will go way out of their way to please you. If you are into drinking American beer or top shelf alcohol then you will have to pay additional for it. American beer is $5 a bottle. My suggestion would be to upgrade to the Platinum package upon check in if you want American beer or top shelf. An upgrade will cost you $35 a night per person, however thats only 7 drinks a day if you are paying for them. Once you upgrade the Amercian beer and all top shelf id free. There are a few other perks that go along with it such as no waiting for dinner reservations, free room serivice, etc.

The beach is one of the best beaches we have been to, flat white sand and turqouse waters. Enough said on that. Trust me!

We have been to Mexico many times, however this being our first to the Domincan we didn't know what to expect. When you travel outside the resort this is where you will notice the major difference between Mexico and the Domincan.

The poverty is unbelievable here. The merchants can and will be VERY pushy. If you have been to Mexico, expect triple the pressure. Be polite and push back and you will be fine. I would also say that if you get a price on some merchandise, DO NOT pay anymore than half of what they are asking. We bought a painting that started at $185.00 and paid $30.00.

There are not as many things to do off the resort in comparison to Mexico. We went deep see fishing one day, this was a waste. $105.00 per person for four hours. We had a group of 6 and didn't even get a bite. I could have rolled my window down and threw $210 out the window and had the same effect.

We had friends that took a day on the Sonoma Island trip and siad it was the time of their life.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a nice resort for the money you pay this is your resort. If you are looking for a resort that is lavish and the food 5 star, I would suggest a different location. If you are looking for many activities off of the resort I would say this area is probably not for you.

All in all a great vacation half 40% because of the resort and 60% because of the group of people that we went with.

If I can answer any questions please don't hesitate to email.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank tanner-7
Reviewed June 5, 2009

My wife and i stayed at the bavaro from may 10-20th for our long overdue honeymoon. Upon arriving at the resort we were pleasantly surprised with how imaculate the grounds and overal area were.

Room was 331 close to the pool and beach and we only had a minor issue with bugs. Food was average pasta bar at the buffet was great, i found it better than bella pasta. Also the omletts are a must try they were fantastic.

Now off to the negative of our whole trip. Upon returning to our room one evening from the nightly show, my wife was putting her jewlery away(which was hidding in a makeup bag, which was hidding in another bigger bag which we keep our bathroom items.

She noticed that some of her gold jewlery and my wedding band were gone. Now i dont wear jewlery when i swim as i lost weight recently and i was sure that we had hidding our things good enough. our safe was full with our wallets, travel documents, camera and video camera.

when we reported this the following morning, we were SHOCKED that we were being treated like criminals. the guest services manager armando was very little help with no empathy at all. i explained that we were here on our honeymoon and that i found this very disturbing. our room was searched which made my wife feel even more violated and we were told that an "investigation" would be conducted.
we were contacted the next morning and we were told again by armando that they couldnt prove who took the items and that a free massage would be offered. I told him that this was a joke and that i would be using every avenue to ensure that people are aware that its not just your maid that has access to your rooms and that an apoligy of some sort is issued.

So please if your staying at this resort watch out for your valuables. we also discovered at dinner that night that a mother/daughter had $400 us taken from thier safe.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jaikean
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We visited the Bavero Princess from May 1 to May 8 after our trip to Mexico was cancelled due to the swine flu outbreak. We were booked with Sunwing and they called us on Tuesday to tell us our trip on Wednesday was cancelled so we frantically scrambled to get booked for somewhere else and the Bavero was the one we could get into within 2 days!

I was traveling with my 2 adult daughters who had bought me this vacation for my 50th birthday and we were not disappointed. My daughter had travelled to Mexico several times but never to the Domincan so we were a little nervous about what we were getting ourselves into. We arrived just before 10PM and were told we could still get the buffet but we opted out and checked in (which was uneventful).
We were very pleased with the room which was a suite in one of the two storey buildings. It could use some updates but definately clean and comfortable. We heard absolutely nothing from any of the other rooms. The fridge was always stocked and extra towels were brought to us without even asking for them. We tipped the maid daily and they were all very friendly. The grounds were immaculate...very early in the morning they come around to all the grounds and pick up anything that has fallen off of a tree or bush so there is basically nothing out of place. Early one morning at the beach one worker was climbing a palm tree (with only some kind of rope contraption around him) and getting all of the coconuts down that were getting ready to fall which he then cut open for anyone that wanted one. While we were there the beach was very clean...I was there before 8 one morning and they were there raking the seaweed that had come in with the tide overnight and picking it all up. My daughter says the beach was waaaaayyy better than in Mexico! She usually prefers to stay mostly by the pool but we ended up at the beach all day most days. We did have the red jelly fish warning flags but we still went in the water and enjoyed it very much. The only issue we had was the towel thing...you give them a card (that you receive at checkin) and they give you a beach towel and when you return the towel they give you the card back...when you check out you give them the card and if either the card or a towel go missing it costs you $15...my daughter took all three towels and gave them to the girl and she only gave her 2 cards saying that there was only two towels! We knew we definately gave her 3 but we couldn't prove it so we had to pay the $15 to get another card! :(

The food was not the best I have ever had but there was plenty of it and lots of choices so you definately didn't go hungry. It doesn't matter what country you may visit, the food is not going to be the way you are used to it so think of it that way before you complain about it. We did the Italian, Oriental and Steakhouse restaurants and enjoyed them all.

We really liked the fact that when we had to checkout in the morning but our flight wasn't until evening, we were able to put our luggage in a locked storage room for this purpose and go to the beach for the day. Then they supplied a room for 20 minutes so we could have a quick shower and change before we left (at no extra cost).

All in all it was the best vacation I have ever had and the only thing that would have made it better was if we were able to stay longer!!

• Stayed: May 2009
2  Thank birthdaygirl58
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Ottawa, Ontario (Family of 4 - two girls 10 & 15 years old) This resort from first glance upon entering the lobby looks like it has 5 star qualities, but once you've had the opportunity to settle in, you realize it's far from a 5 star. 4 to 4 1/2 tops.
Food at both the a-la-carte restaurants and buffet were barely palatable. Although, they had nice fresh smoothies in the morning, fresh coffee and my daughters liked the doughnuts, bacon and most other breakfast items. We understand that food isn't expected to be "North Americanized", but we are a rather adventurous bunch and the food turned our stomachs. Breads were barely fresh, cheese and spam/cold cuts sat out on the buffet table and you could see them sweating from the heat.
The beach was lovely. Pool was nice, but definitely needs a make-over. Bathrooms were somewhat new. Sheets were limited and mattresses were hard, flat and uncomfortable. Walls paper-thin. Cockroaches. Again, we understand we are in the tropics and these critters get around...
Cleaning, cooking and gardening staff are everywhere ALL the time. Sharks are not only on the beach but even some of the resort staff will target you and try to sell you items that ... aren't necessarily legal!
We had our camera stolen from our room. Money stolen from our room safe and our friends 2-doors down visiting from BC on their honeymoon had gold earings, bracelets and a wedding band taken!
When we went to guest services to tell them what had happend, we were treated as though we were an inconvenience. The manager, assistant manager and guest services clerk were nothing but rude and dismissive. The locks on our doors were changed, but this didn't stop the fact that maids and other staff and access to the rooms. I've never been anywhere before where maids came to your room at 9pm to give you fresh towels! As a result of our 'losses', we were offered a free massage literally 90 seconds before I got on the bus to head back to Ottawa! What a joke!

If you are heading to Punta Cana, bring candies such as single wrapped Worther's Originals, Starburst etc. to give the staff (maids, bartenders) as a tip. Of course, have some small $ones on hand to tip certain staff, but the people down there are savages and if they see you have a little cash, they won't leave you alone. They love candy, pens, pencils...They also love Canadians... because we aren't direct. When dealing with the vendors, you will have to learn to say NO and let them know you mean it.

If you want a good laugh, go to their evening shows.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family