“Bavaro Princess in Early March, 2014”

Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
Ranked #36 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a great time. Beautiful beach and location. Only complaint, which is minor, was slow internet connection at the main lobby. For those who work and have to occasionally check in a faster more reliable connection would be a nice upgrade for the resort to consider.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (11,081)

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We traveled in a group of 8 and stayed for 4 nights, which was the perfect length. The resort was very well kept, and the beach was beautiful. The food was just ok but we all found something we liked at every meal. The steakhouse was my favorite meal. The drinks were solid but I wish there was more than one beer selection. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. The price was right, the resort was close to the airport, so we will def be back. I'd recommend this resort to others looking to get away for a really good price. Cya next yr

• Stayed: March 2014
PrincessHotelsRD, Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Guest Tonloc33,

Receive cordial greetings from the staff of the Bavaro Princess. Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us.

We would like to thank for having chosen our hotel as your tourist destination. On one hand, we very much appreciate your kind compliments regarding the food and beverages, and the Hotel’s facilities. On the other, your opinion is always very important to us, and we take your suggestion as a manner to improve our quality of service. Currently we offer the President Beer’s brand because it is the most well known around the world, and obviously the most demanded by our customers. In addition to this, we have some other international brand but those are part of the Platinum package, or can be purchased at the not included Café del Mar bar-restaurant. Anyway, we appreciate your opinion, and perhaps in the future we are able to add some others as part of the beverage package.

We look forward to welcoming you one more time in your next trip to the Bávaro Princess.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.

Honestly,

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here for our Honeymoon. It was one of the best trips I have ever been on! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The sit down restaurants had great food. The buffets had a lot to choose from and were good. The best advice I have is to bring plenty of sunscreen because there is a lot of sun and they charge $27 and up per bottle there!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Matwayne25
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I visited Bavaro Princess a few weeks ago as part of a JetBlue getaway package. I wanted to disconnect from work and so I was happy to only have wifi in the main lobby, which was a good 10 minute walk from my room. I did need to be able to check in once or twice a day with the wifi, though, and the first night I was there, it broke and was not back up for 24 hours. During this time, I found the staff fairly unhelpful in fixing the issue, but I emailed the hotel manager who met up with me during my stay and was incredibly nice and made the rest of my stay a delight. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Pros: My place was very near the beach, which was great. I personally liked walking all around the resort, so I rarely took the tram. The resort grounds were absolutely beautiful, and I was obsessed with the peacocks that just stroll around as well. The drinks were plentiful and well made. Many of the servers were very very sweet to me when they saw I was traveling alone, and were pleased when tried to talk to them in Spanish as well. The bungalows are nice and I loved the Jacuzzi in the middle of the space. The beach is gorgeous, but I assume most are in the DR!

Cons: Like I said, the staff is not big on problem-solving a lot of the time. Mostly it doesn't really matter because everything is so laidback, but it does come up. The food is not great, but it's serviceable and I always found something I could eat each day. The beds could be more comfortable.

Advice: I would definitely you bring a big wad of singles with you before you get to the resort. I tipped as I went and I noticed a big difference with the servers, bartenders and cleaning staff once I started doing that.

All in all I would recommend the resort.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
PrincessHotelsRD, Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear Mrs Natasha,

receive our cordial greetings from the Dominican Republic.

It is our pleasure to read your review. Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience. Also thank you for the compliments about the Hotel, facilities, service and staff.

We would like also to apologize one more time for the first and bad experience that you lived through when trying to receive assistance by the Hotel's staff. We understand that the first impression always remains in our minds, and unfortunately yours was not the expected. As I explained unfortunately the situation was not well handled as it should have been but fortunately you gave the opportunity to change your mind, and as you said it "ended up wonderful". Please take into consideration that we have changed some of the procedure in order to avoid that a similar situation like you had will not be in our table again.

Hopefully we will see you again over these lands. We will make sure that you have another wonderful stay without these small inconveniences.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further assistance.

operationmanager.bavaro@princess-hotels.com

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Lots of positives: staff friendly, maids friendly, maintenance man got lizard out of ceiling fixture with a few laughs, grounds are very nice. Free bottled water as much as you desire. 30 minutes from airport if no stops.
Small: beach bar right beside breakfast/lunch buffet which right beside the pool. There is a smaller quieter pool near main lobby. If you like to roam as I do walking the beach is only place to go. 25 minutes left to the vendor huts. 20 minutes to the right for more vendors but not as unique and more of a market.
Not so good: shows are average, only 1 bathroom in the entire lobby area, with 300 michigan 17/18 year olds and their drunken chaperones can use another. Beach is nice but not as nice as next cove to the left (RIU Palace, Grand Baha Principe) surprisingly. No dinner reservations (except Platinum) which I despise. No Sports Bar or discotheque. (Go off site)
Grounds: are narrow and deep so trolley from main entrance to beach. Nothing but rooms in between and 5 minute nature walk.
Rooms: moved from hotel section to right beside beach for an extra 216 American. Platinum seemed like waste to me. My room same size with jacuzzi. Wifi is free in lobby. 18 of us and not one person had anything good to say about the pillows haha. Only 3 people liked the "firmness" of the beds.
Did the Pirate Ship party boat with our 18 plus 2 more we found from home. Negotiated to 50 per person (good deal who knows) but blew any catamaran I've been on before away. Jack Sparrow, midget pirate (who I let steal my glasses because she is a pirate) dancing crew and DJ. Snorkled and then swam in shallow area. The music, dancing and drinking was non-stop. Highly recommend.
Any question email.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
PrincessHotelsRD, Owner at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Mr Michael,

Thank you for taking part of your time to share your recent experience in Bávaro Princess Hotel with the rest of the future travelers and fans of this page.

On behalf of the General Management, we would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any possible inconvenience that you might have experienced. We really apologize for the fact that we could not fulfill all your expectations but on the other hand we thank you for all the positive comments which we may believe are so much more.

In response to those not positive issues, we would like to add the following comments:

Shows are average; we understand that it is hard to please 1600 people at the same time that is why we have in scene more than 20 different spectacles for different cultures and likes which is complemented by an exclusive Band and a group of international dancers. In addition to this, we are improving the entertainment all over the complex by adding two more shows within the next four months and one more by the end of the year. We hope those are enjoyable for you guests.

No dinner reservations; this is a practical procedure that the Management implemented two years ago. The idea of this was to give free option to guests to go wherever they wanted, and the time they wanted without any pressure of losing the place because of the delay. Also, with this measure we avoided to have long lines-up every morning trying to get a place to one of the A la Carte Restaurants that sometimes was not possible because they were all sold out. We may believe that with this new procedure, you can save more time in the morning.

No Sport Bar No Discotheque; with regards this point, there is one discothèque which is located at the Casino Tower. It is true that is outside the Resort but there is free transportation back and forth. About the Sport Bar, this is still one of the plans for the future, so we hope that for your next stay, you are able to enjoy of this new place.

About the pillows and beds; we apologize because we did not make you feel comfortable as wished. It has been some new updates recently, and we are waiting for some others to complete all the Resort’s accommodations. Hopefully in the next two months, all beds and pillows will be refurbished.

With regards the beach; we are sorry that this magical place where the Hotel is situated was not what you expected. Surprisingly it is weird to read that some others Resort’s beaches could be better than ours.

Once again dear Mr Michael, we are sorry because we could not meet your holiday’s expectations but hopefully in the future you can change you mind and give us the opportunity to make you feel better than recently, and see by yourselves about the changes and inclusions.

operationmanager.bavaro@princess-hotels.com

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We recently returned from our our week long spring break vacation at the Bavaro Princess. We are a family of four with two children (10 & 13). It was our first trip to the Dominican Republic. We had an absolutely great time! We can't say enough about how accommodating and hospitable the entire staff was. The food was very good, and plenty of variety. Our favorite restaurant was "Bella Pasta." The salad bar and the risotto was delicious! The service impeccable. We loved the the serenading performers that performed during dinner! Carlos our bartender at the main pool bar made amazing mojitos, and he was always smiling:) Wendi at the McPrincess was so funny, and my son visited him daily for his afternoon burger and fries! The landscaping is beautiful! Plenty of shade under the trees, no need to run out early and save chairs, there are plenty. Eusebio was our Apple Rep at the Bavaro, and Freddy Rodriguez was our Apple Concierge. Love Apple, will definitely book through them again! We did a zip lining adventure excursion, (Apple coordinated for us) it was amazing! We did not upgrade to Platinum, did not feel the upgrades warranted the price. We had our breakfast and lunch at El Gaucio, right next to the main pool. We enjoyed eating outside with views of the beautiful ocean. Each day the lunch buffet was different. It was always fun to see what was for lunch! Apple had a lobster BBQ on the beach which was fun! The entertainment staff were great. The only thing we would have liked was a bit more activities for "tweens & teens." We give the Bavaro Princess 5 stars!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank T K

Dear Guest TK,

Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the Bavaro Princess Management, but more especially from Freddy Rodriguez. He is extremely happy to find out that he could achieve his goal of making your trip a memorable experience. Thank you for sharing your opinion of your recent trip.

Also, we would like to extend our most sincere gratitude for having chosen the Bávaro Princess as your tourist destination among an important numbers of complexes in Punta Cana. We feel delighted that you have found a great time with us and for us it was a real pleasure to have had you in our premises, making your stay fully pleasant. Thank you for all positives comments the staff, the Hotel’s facilities and the service.

About the food, our Executive Chef Manuel Medina will be glad of having made you feel pleased regarding this important issue. Thank you for all these compliments. Certainly the Bella Pasta is one of the favorite spots in our Resort because of: its exquisite cuisine, the qualified staff always doing in the best, the salad bar while waiting for the appetizers among other factors that make this restaurant one of the most demanded; we feel pleased that you have enjoyed the delights of this place. Also we will send your greetings to every member staff you mentioned in the review; they will be glad hearing positive things from you.

Concerning your suggestion, thank you for it; you can be sure that it was already forwarded to Mr Andrez Guzman, the Entertaiment Coordinator who will be looking into this matter because as part of the lately changes that we are doing in order to accomplish the guest’s satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you one more time on your next trip to the Caribbean. Thank you for your rating of 5 starts.

Honestly,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I just got back from the Bavaro Princess, we were there March 27 to April 4.
there modo was if it makes you happy it makes us happy. we found they always went out of their way to make us happy, from extra water in our room to more Presidente in the mini fridge, they always did their best to make us happy :).
they would even bend the rules to make our stay the best. As platinum guests we really enjoyed it, making resservations for supper and anything we needed, we even met another couple that were not platinum and they allowed us to make reservations for 4 just to make us happy.
Carlos and the platinum beach bar was the best, there was nothing he wouldn't do to make our day the best. I have to sometimes wonder if they don't even know the word "no"
our rooms were always clean and fresh towels every morning and evening.
the a la cartes were ok but we didn't go to the Dominican because of the food. we were always greeted with a smile and a "hola"
the Tanuki was our favorite A la carte, they get every one involved and cook your meal right in front of you, and if your lucky you get to help cook it :) Jesus was our chef, he was the best :)
as for the beaches and pools we were always able to find chairs in prime spots even outside the platinum areas. it was never a problem.
the Tram was their if you wanted it, 90% of the time we chose to walk, after eating that much you had to walk it off lol.
Jonathon at the customer service desk was another amazing person who went out of his way to make our stay the best, there was no such thing to him as "NO" . one evening we had to try and get a hold of our excursion guide to see if we could change things up and all we had was a cell number which you cant call from the lobby phone so Jonathon actually took out his own personal cell phone and dialed the number for us. we could not believe he did that for us, he was great to us.
There were to little thing that I thought they could improve on.
#1 they need more AC areas around the resort, after a long day on the beach or out in the town its nice to come back to a nice meal in AC but only a couple a la cartes had AC and none of the buffets.
#2 the servers in the A la cartes need more knowledge about the food they are serving. I found that they could not tell us what things were besides what it said on the menu, which was very little. would have been nice to know a little more about what you were eating. but again we did not go to the Dominican for the food :).
Over all our stay at the Bavaro Princess was a 10 out of 10. I would recommend everyone to stay there.

Room Tip: get on facebook and request a room by the beach, second floor. they had many ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr Carson M,

On behalf of the General Management of the Bávaro Princess Hotel, we extend the warmest greetings. Thank you for taking part of your time to share your most recent experience in our Resort.

We would like to express our most sincere gratitude not only for having chosen our hotel as your holiday destination but also for all those amazing comments regarding the facilities, the staff and the service in general. We feel more than happy that you have met all the facilities, and consequently your stay with us was fully satisfactory. We agree with you that we always try to do our best in order to accommodate, make your requests come true and go beyond your expectations: “if it makes you happy, we are all happy”. It is part of our customer service culture; otherwise we will never get on top.

We would like to thank you for those compliments to Juan Carlos at the Platinum Beach and to Jonathan at the Front Desk; definitively both of them represent the quality in the service that we provide. We will send your greetings to those staff attendants who served you during your stay; they will be glad to hear positive things from you.

As well as you, many people coincide that the Tanuki is the favorite one, and we agree that it is the best show cooking meal. Perhaps next time you will be able to give us a hand to prepare the food.

Concerning your suggestions, we appreciate both of them; your opinion is always very important and helpful in order to improve our service. Even though we know to please everyone is not an easy task, we will continue doing the best way we can. Thank you for your comprehension about the no AC in all areas, and we take this point as a potential subject to be done eventually. Concerning the knowledge of the food, we apologize if by any chance the servers did not give you details of your food orders; we agree that before eating, you should know the type of food. We will reinforce this issue in order to avoid a similar situation in the future.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope that next time you come to visit us, we can please you with both suggestions. In fact, in your next visit, we will invite you cordially to enjoy the Dominican food; no excuses.

Best regards,