“Wonderful Vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Onalaska, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Vacation”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife & I just got back last night from a 9 day vacation at Bavaro Princess & it was a wonderful time. We booked Platinum & it was well worth it. Starting with the platinum lounge it was a great place to go & meet people , use the computers to keep in touch with family back home, have a drink relax. They also are very helpful in making reservations, answering all questions & dealing with anything right away , none of the "come back later & we will help". The customer relations are first class. The beach is beautiful & well maintain , & plenty of places to sit (sun or shade).The grounds also are trimmed & clean well maintained.I think they have 9 places to dine , we tried 6 of them and were pleased .This resorts biggest asset is the people that work there. The entire staff are hard working friendly & made are stay very enjoyable. THANK YOU .

Room Tip: Go platinum
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank david p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,851)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Edgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Overall our experience was good to very good, we enjoyed our vacation and didn't have problems during our stay. Having a 2 year-old with us, we had lots of concerns about safety, food quality, etc., etc. We are happy to report that all our worries were in vain :) We can't give this resort/stay an excellent mark, there are definitely better options elsewhere, but it is solid good experience with no major issues. We would recommend this resort for a good family vacation.

Food: Please don't expect exquisite cuisine :), but the food is of good quality and quite diverse. There wasn't a time when we left unsatisfied, everyone from our family (including kids) had something to try and enjoy every time. Only once we tried special restaurant (Steak House), the other times we were quite happy with Hispaniola (main restaurant).

Amenities/Housing: It is definitely NOT a 5-star new shining spotless resort, but it has no major problems. You should expect a scratch on paint here and there, but everything in working condition. Please note every room has a safe and there’s no extra charge for it.

Service: Overall good service, we didn’t have any issues. It’s without a ‘wow’ factor though and there are certainly places with the service more refined.

Darkness: many reviewers complained about dark rooms and dark alleys at night. It is true; bungalow suite room has not enough natural lighting, however that wasn't an issue for our family stay: we spent very little time inside our room, comfortable spacious balconies are there if you'd like to read/enjoy a drink.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank V O
Keswick
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our vacation at Bavaro Princess started with a warm smile at the check in counter. Following shortly after with a rum fruit drink greeting. We checked in and they confirmed that our rooms were side by side as requested in a previous e-mail I sent after booking. Thanks.
The bell boys loaded our bags and drove us to our rooms, WOW spacious and spotless. During the week we had no complaints with the rooms, the maids were around every day and completed while we were at breakfast. The towel cart went by twice a day lunch and dinner replacing any towels that were left on the floor. Mini bar was stocked every day with 2 water, coke, sprite and beers. We had one day with only 1 coke replaced? Found out if you removed the glass bottle from the room they did not replace it! empty for full... made the boys a little more responsible of the old fashion coke bottle.
The kids all loved there beds and slept great! our King bed was a little to firm for our liking but acceptable. More pillow's than required nice touch. Oh ya... the 2 person jacuzzi tub in every room:)......
Rooms were fantastic.

Pool and beach area clean and well kept. There is drink service on the beach, not efficient but they were trying. We found nice chairs every day (sun or shade)with no issue by the pool but there are not a lot of sun covers on the beach so they go early. Lots of lounges in the sun always available on the beach. The beach is first class..... you can walk barefoot anywhere and as far as you want ( we walked at least 3 Km each direction every day) and swim in the ocean the entire property.
The meals.
The breakfast and lunch buffets were more that acceptable. They had prepared food ready grilled meats, fish, soups, fruits, egg stations, etc.... we saw 2 beach BBQ set up on the beach for lunch, food was excellent.
New Years Eve was a 2 sitting Buffet, keep in mind they are feeding 1600 people in 2 dinner sittings with Lobster, steak, Turkey, and what ever else you can think of. Excellent (Great Job)
The dinner restaurants required no reservations? Though this would be a problem with 6 people but wasn't. We spent our day near the water and retired to the room around 5 each day to clean up and get ready. Each night we chose a different restaurant and got there between 6 and 6:15 (open at 6). The longest wait was 10 minutes. by the time we were done there was usually a 45 - 1hour wait for a table ( 8- 830pm ). go early and no problems. we had no favorite restaurant! They were all really good (4 - 4.5) . With 6 people we did not have 1 bad meal all week.

The resort is large and not for the mobility challenged. the lobby to the beach is a 12 min walk. there is the shuttle car running all day with extras at prime time but they fill up fast. We were lucky our rooms were near the pool and beach 2 min walk and 5 restaurants less than 5 min walk.

The resort has a complete staff working every day, from painting, gardening, maintenance you name it... the place was in tip top shape.

Our over all impression is this place is really nice and would return again without question. a solid 4.5 out of 5.

Now for a few items for the resort to work on...
1- the WI-FI in the lobby is terrible, not even worth trying to use it.... (lobby is the only location)
2- The AC in the room worked well but did not seem to keep a constant temperature. Would run from 20 - 24 and not shut off. 20 was cold with no blanket provided

Room Tip: Request a room closer to the pool and ocean! this will put you close to 2/3 of the resort activities...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank rbkbwick
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I have just came back from DR. It was my firts visit there and I sure would like to visit it again! I had an amazing stay at Bavaro Princess.
I have no compaints about the food. It was delicious, every day they had a different theme of cuisines, so you never got bored of the buffet.
Staff were very friendly, they kept saying "hola" with a big smile on their faces.
Place of my room was good, it was between reception and the beach. Rooms were clean and comfortable.
Entertainment team was THE BEST. They had different types of activities during the day, e.g aerobics, carribean rhythms, salsa, step etc.
I want to thank the hotel team for making my stay unforgettable in a good way))

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Mane M
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2014

him very enjoy my Holiday in your resort all is ok the beach the food and very good staff so frienly he see you for my next trip it sure may be in december 14 .him stay for two week and if i have more Holiday i stay more it sure

Room Tip: romms is all good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Unfortunately, this is a review I get to write about a vacation because it was ruined for me and my girlfriend. I really wish that there was a way to fix it, but it's already in the past and I am very happy to leave it there. So the purpose of this quick summary is to save someone else from a waste of time and money. Me and my girlfriend went on a trip here for 10 days and this was a "well" rated resort for the most part.This makes me wonder if they pay someone to write all the positive reviews or others truly had a better stay here. There were only minor glitches that people complained about so we were hoping for the best. Well, too bad. Should have went with my inner feeling of staying at the higher rated resort. From the first day we got there, I was excited to finally getting there and was open minded to an unforgettable adventure, which I got, but it wasn't a positive one. Once you get there, they slap a bracelet on your hand which means you're in their prison until you leave. Don't loose it because they will charge you money for it ($20). Everything and anything in this resort will cost you more money. There was one jewel there, that's Cafe Del Mar, which was incredible comparing to all other restaurants and buffets. I have been to other all inclusive resorts and that's the kind of food and service I am used to as part of the package, not extra this or extra that. This resort is hopeless since there is too much they would need to improve and it won't happen. Food and service is kind of important when one goes on vacation and that's not something possible to do here. Unless you throw money at them, you will not get service. Food is below any 1 star restaurant so it is really bad, tasteless, and not fresh. I would suggest to do what I will do in the future and spend a little more and stay at decent resort. Don't take my word for it, check it out yourself and see how you like it. This is only my experience and I hope it will be better for everyone else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Shurik86
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating these unfortunate issues directly with the hotel management.

We apologize for the inconveniences.

Kind regards,

Community Manager
Summerton, South Carolina
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was there in August and it was my 5th visit to the resort previous ones having been in winter months. Most of the restaurants were only open on Thursday Friday and week end and did not realize so did not have a chance to eat in any of them this trip. Also were fewer trams so ended up walking most of the time on the resort. I did the platinum upgrade and would recommend that as it does have many advantages. The staff as always was wonderful and the beach is gorgeous!!! Just wish they offered free WiFi in the platinum lounge rather than just the two computers there that were often busy. I did pay for a WiFi hotspot to use in my room and that helped some in keeping in touch with home. All in all was a very pleasant week.

Room Tip: Pay for the platinum upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends