“Excellent option to rest and have fun”

Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
Ranked #37 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great all inclusive option. My husband and I spent 6 days at this resort. Is a huge complex with ca 800 rooms. All of them are suites, very spacious, with a jacuzzi in the room. Distances are big however there is a car running every 10 minutes that picks up people and drive them to the beach, restaurants, etc. There are different dinning options (no reservations so get there early) with great service, environment and food (Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Argentinian, Fish specialties and one that offers different ethnic foods) the only withdrawal is that they close once or twice a week and you don´t know in advance which restaurant will close which day. Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner are ok. There are different activities at the hotel beach and pool. Free wi-fi only at the lobby and can get pretty slow because it gets overcrowded with people trying to accesss the web. Shows are night are good and entertaining, host are charming and always willing to help.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (11,074)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was there last Christmas with my family (13 people age range 8-74)
the resort is amazing, it is huge and lovely white sand beach.
rooms are nice and no need to upgrade to the platinum but the junior suits are far away from the beach but close to the main buffet in the lobby area.
they do have a very extravagant Christmas eve dinner , entertainment team (happy feet,etc) are cool and keep your days busy.
I highly recommend the resort

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tina S
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed 4 nights just between Christmas and New Years eve. I paid extra for platinum suite and service. The room was fine except some minor issues in the bathroom (low water pressure), etc.

The beach and location is very good. For most part the staff is very courteous. Upgrade to platinum gets you a suite in a good location close to the beach and access to platinum lounge and a free 20 minute massage which wasn't below average. You get same food and drinks as everyone else.

FOOD: Being a vegetarian, the food wasn't very appealing. They had pretty much same food every day and the food lacked flavor. Scrambled eggs were moist and runny. You would think that the tropical fruits, etc. would be very fresh and tasty but pineapple and other fruits didn't taste any better. They booked me a reservation for Licey restaurant but they didn't have any vegetarian items on the menu so I ended up not going. At their Italian restaurant I ordered Eggplant Parmigiana thinking how you can screw that up. However, their version of eggplant parmigiana the eggplant isn't breaded. They threw raw eggplant with some cheese in the oven. It was like eating slimy cheesy goo. After a couple of days of this poor food experience, I became ill and got a stomach bug from the food or the water and spent day and a half inside laying on the bed. They need some serious overhaul of their restaurants by a professional chef. It seems like they are using cheap laborers to cook the food who are learning on the job and don't know any better.

Be aware of the Royal holiday hustlers walking the beach areas and in the lobby just outside of the buffet restaurant. They'll hustle you into the royal holiday timeshare type of presentation if you're not careful. I don't know why they are allowing these people to be on the property.

SERVICE: for most part service was okay but sometimes they overtly expected tips. The people who help with bags and some bartenders are notorious for this. Sometimes they talk in front of you about you and you can hear words like dinero and gringo.

LOST AND FOUND: I left over a $100 worth of lost and found item in the room. I called back in a day to see if they found it. Needless to say they didn't find it. I even tipped the maid every day and she didn't turn in the item from the suite to the lost and found. Had to call several times to find someone who can give me an answer in English.

Like most third world countries the people working at these resorts are very poor, most of them make $3000 a year on average. They look for any opportunities to make an extra buck in tips or lost items. Obviously not everyone is like this but I found a majority of them are. I don't mind tipping for good service and I tipped about $40 during four days I was there. But the resort needs to provide some ethics training to the staff.

Now I wait for the useless comment from the management below.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank click2confirm
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating this unfortunate issue directly with the hotel management.

We apologize for the inconveniences.

Kind regards,

Community Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We returned to the Bavaro Princess All Suites Platinum Club for the 7th time. The beach is just lovely and never disappoints. If you enjoy swimming the ocean..Bavaro beach is it. The extra money for the Platinum Club is well worth it. The benefits for Platinum Club members certainly makes it worthwhile. We have gotten to know the staff over the years and each one has helped make our holiday worry-free. Juan, Juan Jordy, Martirez and Freddie continue to provide service that makes our holiday worry-free. We will definitely be going back again and do recommend it.

Room Tip: All of the Platinum rooms are fine. I would ask for one away from the restaurants if you don't l...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank doat
Reviewed January 1, 2014

After we booked our trip too Dominican thru our travel agent I checked out trip advisor for reveiws of the property. The mixed reviews were a concern to me but we decided to give it a fair shot.

Very glad we did the place was very good beautiful grounds leaning towards as natural surroundings as possible with a lot of green space and natural jungle area.

The room was good with one small issue when our safe wouldn't close it was fixed immediately. The staff were very friendly from the host and hostess' at the platinum lounge to the servers at the restaurants and lounges.

The beach is second to none and we really enjoyed our time there.

Currently its -32 at home here and 28 in Bavaro. Enough said.

Room Tip: The Platinum package is worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Randy R
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My all inclusive week at the Bavaro Princess was nice, but there were too many details that made me think that this resort did not deserve it's present rating.

The bathroom in my quarters was not very clean, the shower head worked only partially, the hair dryer did not work at all. And to think that we had to change the room three times, the day we arrived...

In he first room, there was a hole in the door where the viewer was supposed to be. The door was broken and poorly mended at the lock, with the wood splinters still sticking out.

The second room smelled so badly of mildew, we could not stay there either.

The food in the restaurant, because it was a buffet, was always only lukewarm and although varied greatly, it was not well prepared. For example, bacon was very dry and hard, scrambled eggs too liquidy, etc. But, there was plenty of food and the stuff in the restaurant was very obliging and helpful. Fortunately, one could always find something to eat. Their bread variety and quality was awesome, as were their home made cookies and biscuits.

Their Christmas buffet was extraordinary and even lavish and it more than made up for the rest of the shortcomings.

The main building was too far from the beach and the humidity was unbearable.

The beach was very beautiful, always windy and very noisy, with all the loud music and dancing lessons. The amenities were excellent.

I think, the resort is fine, but it does not deserve its present rating.

Room Tip: If there is something you do not like about the room they give you, try to change it right away.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shiraz01
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have been to DR many times and have found the staff to always see to it that visitors enjoy their stay and chose to come back. This was a new resort and I was a bit disappointed that we weren't going to our usual resort, Iberostar. Well I was quite happy with this resort and especially with the Platinum upgrade which was worth three or four times the cost. Large comfortable rooms, clean and well maintained with so much room and diverse spaces to enjoy including our veranda outside. Food was good - and who could beat the custom omelettes Luis Alberto was whipping up at the beach, quickly learning and remembering by preferences, consumed al fresco with a million dollar view of the surf and the beach (the freshly cooked and sugared donuts didn't upset me either).
But this was a beach trip. And boy did it deliver. As I enjoyed my skilled Complimentary massage on the beach, with the sounds of the surf in my ear as the musical talent at the nearby patio sang "Feliz Navidad", I knew that I had reached Beach Nirvana. So great---and then Carlos (wearing his red Christmas bowler) was always there to provide the refreshments! Also thanks to Martine a manager in the Platinum lounge for making everything so easy... And Sarah and Dulce who were always there to make sure all was attended to for us in that Platinum lounge...did I mention how worthwhile that upgrade was to us???!!
Hearty recommendation.
Only disappointment we had was Licey. -- skip it and instead focus on getting into Tanuki. Jesus wowed us with his Japanese spatula prowess. And the food was great too

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew W
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at the Bavaro Princess and for passing on your positive feedback.
We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Happy New Year,