We Stayed in a Jr. Bungalow Suite
We did splurge for the Platinum services but do not feel as though we lacked any service or amenities.
Grounds were very pretty and clean
Food: big variety but not great. Actually as good as any food that I get when I'm out of the US. (I think that I have a very 'domestic pallet'). The burgers and fries down at McPrincess are good. If you book snorkeling excursion you can get bread from the restaurants to feed the fish with. - That was really cool.
Room: Clean, modern (had I-phone docking station and flat screen TV. We enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub
Vacation Guide - VIP was our vacation guide company. Our Rep was informative and did not push us to book any excursions.
Bed: Hard! I like a firm mattress but wow! We stayed in room 812 and our mattress was possibly made of concrete. Our friends in 842 had the same complaint.
Mini Bar: It comes with 2 water, 4 soda and 2 beer limit per day. I could have used more beer.
Excursion sales: staff roam the lobby area and beach: Some excursion sales people and
nightly vendors set up in the courtyard and are really pushy - reminds you of vendors on the streets in many 3rd world towns.
The Market: There is a market in the common area/lobby area. Do not forget dental floss!! They have a strange pricing strategy. Some things like a t-shirt are reasonably priced to expensive. Other things like dental floss are grossly overpriced. They were asking $9 for a small roll.
My wife wanted me to suggest the Bavaro Princess. It is a house drink there that she fell in love with.
Dining: We were here 6/27-7/3 and this is the slow season. That being said, on any given night 2 or 3 of the 5 restauraunts will be open and you will probably have to wait for a table. Know this going in because I heard several patrons complaining about having to wait. The buffet up front is open every night.
The grounds are absolutely huge. Its not hard to get a lay of the land and there is a trolley service. If you are an early riser though you may find yourself walking to breakfast and for me staying in building 81 its about an 8 minute walk. Just know that if you aren't a fan of footin' it.
I hope this helps..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana