Traveling with Apple Vacations made this trip very relaxing. Carlos, the Apple Vacations concierge at this hotel, checked in with us throughout our stay to ensure that our expectations were met. When determining whether to stay at this expansive resort, please take in to consideration that it was built in 1992. The resort is very large but very accessible. Most importantly, there was never a moment when we felt uneasy or unsafe.
The beach and pool were great. We saw staff cleaning the pool at the end of each day as well as in the morning. The shade umbrellas scattered around the beach and pool were perfect for lounging and napping. The only caveat with these umbrellas is the fact that they were occupied quickly and we needed to get to the pool early to find a seat under them. There was ample shade under the mature trees around the pool and beach as well, so there was always an alternative. Sales representatives for day excursions and jewelry vendors were easily diverted.
The resort rooms and main buildings have been updated and are kept clean by the housekeeping staff. In our experience, the housekeeping staff visited our room each day. We were also able to easily request a convenient time for housekeeping to clean and replenish our fridge with water, beer, and soda.
As a traveler to an impoverished country, aside from the tourist industry, it is important to realize that great service and hard work should be acknowledged with gratuity. Employees at this resort work hard each day to make sure that they are providing the highest level of service to guests.
My husband and I speak a moderate amount of Spanish, but slang in the DR is not European Spanish. Try to speak the language and staff will embrace your efforts. If this is still an issue for you, then download an app on your phone and use a translator. After all, many people in the United States ignorantly assert that everyone in our country should speak English. It is amusing to see reviews that state that staff at this resort in the DR as well as guests from Russia, France, and Spain should also speak English.
After dining at 3 of the a la carte restaurants (Gaucho, Pescador, and Bella Pasta), my husband and I decided that the buffets were the better route. Under normal circumstances we would not promote eating at a buffet, but this was the exception. At Hispanolia, here was a variety of options including fresh fruit, vegetables, salads, cheese, and breads during dinner service. At lunchtime the beachfront restaurant served delicious paella and fresh tacos. Breakfast was great with fresh fruit smoothies, omelets, bacon, crepes, and a cinnamon roll bar. The coffee, espresso, and cappuccino were fantastic.
Drinks at the bars throughout the resort were plentiful, potent, and delicious. Try the Sammy Sosa and the mojitos.
Sanchez the bartender in the main lobby is a great man. Carlos the Apple concierge was welcoming and accommodating to any requests we made during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana