The resort itself is large and well kept even though it is showing some age. The service, for us, helped to bring our rating from a 3 up to a 4, however. We tried a couple of the restaurants (the Italian one and Chopin). For the sake of brevity we will just say we went to La Hispaniola the remainder of our week's stay. We were able to get warm dinners and decent breakfasts there. That is also where we experienced the best service.
The great: Service - Some staff members were very good and they tried hard here to entertain people. Nightly shows and the house band were both very good. The beach.
The good: Just about everything else.
What we weren't impressed with: The exclusivity for the preferred club - There were times when we received less than stellar service precisely because we did not upgrade. In other words we were passed by or overlooked once in a while in favor of other preferred guests. We noticed the upgrade gets you a fancier chair on your balcony and what appeared to be their nicest section of beach, but other than that, aside from access to some premium liquor, the guests we spoke to didn't find much difference. If money is not important you might want to upgrade, but we were glad we did not.
The gym: Yes they have one and it is possible to get at least part of your daily exercise routine in if you have one but don't expect much.
The size: We don't mind walking some and we are in decent shape but this was a learning experience for us that made us realize we prefer, for all inclusive anyway, a smaller more convenient layout. We did not really hate using the transportation to get around, but it did seem like we spent a lot of time either walking, riding or waiting for a ride.
Keep in mind we compared The Bavaro Princess with The Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe from last year. If you get a great price at The princess you might enjoy it, otherwise, we recommend the latter. We thought is was nicer, prettier, premium drinks were included, rooms nicer, pools nicer, beach nicer, location better, food better, entertainment as good or better. They have a casino as well and miniature golf nearby if you like, and it is smaller and much more convenient with a great gym.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana