On the first day we arrived, and we booked the standard suite. Automatically, they gave us a platinum suite, right by the beach, with 3 beds, perfect for our family of four. We ate at the seafood restaurant-good selection and good service, as well as view of the beach. What I really enjoyed about this is the fact that you do not have to make a reservation at the restaurants. We wet to the lobby bar, and enjoyed a couple of drinks, and the tenders there were really kind and they knew what they were doing, even the kids! The second day, we woke up, took a stroll on the beach, had breakfast by the beach-(there are two buffets-the main and one is across from the McPrincess snack bar. Average food for breakfast-nice variety of fruit and whatnot. We went for a swim, the for lunch at the main buffet, and then to the pool. There is an ecological forest trail at the resort that leads to or goes from the lobby, into the platinum suite villas.There we saw iguanas everyday, geckos, anoles, weird birds, parrots, rabbits, herrings, black widow spiders, frogs, toads and a variety of fish and turtles-I really recommend this trail! Lunch had a decent variety, burgers steak, potatoes, etc,etc.
We ate at all of the restaurants and buffets, and our favorite dinnertime restaurant was Chopin buffet-the first time we went there. The second time, we got food poisoning, as we ate the breaded grouper fish and it was old and soggy, If it is not crispy, don't eat it!
The beach was great and everyone at the water sports center. I recommend parasailing, surfing at Macao beach, and the one most important one is the snorkeling (strictly snorkeling) excursions in the reef. There is no reef on this beach!!! The beach itself though is amazing. It is raked and clean everyday, crystal blue water, but always high and powerful waves, making the water murky with sandy and seaweed. Watch where you step though, I got pinched by a crab!
Overall, a worth-it investment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana