I've visited more than a dozen ''AI'' hotels in the caribbean in the last 6 years and this was my 3rd trip to the Bavaro Princess. It was again, a great experience. However, I do not feel this was a 5 star resort. I would give it a 4-4.5.
The resort is spread over a large area, which means the pace of it is slow, in terms of getting around, but it forces you to slow down and remember to relax. You also have a trolley everyday to get to the beach and pool if you don't feel like walking. The hotel and the grounds were immaculate and the staff were very nice and went out of their way to assist in any way. There are shopping outside the resort. As soon as they see you coming they start coming after you, they are harmless, they just want you to visit their store. We used the internet everyday you can buy an hour and use it over the course of 5 days, so you don't have to use it all at once.
Beach : Amazing! Bavaro beach is the best i've seen if you like walking and i've traveled alot, seen lots of beaches. This resort has a lot of chairs and great service at the bar and you can easily find some shade if you're looking for it.
Food : Again the food was GREAT, the best I've had in the Caribbean. I would rate the buffet a 5 star! Everything I ate there was delicious! Lots of variety. I again tried all the restaurants à la carte. The steak house is great (I recommend the T-bone!), the Japanese Excellent. The Chinese one was good, but I would still recommend it. I still can't remember the name of the French one (and I'm french canadian) but I would maybe skip that one over the buffet. Overall very very good!!
Drinks: I'm a drinker and know what I want so I was not too impressed with the selection of brand they had to offer in the beginning...but after flashing a couple dollars they go under the counter and give you the Good Stuff. Bombay, Canadian Club, Jose Cuervo name it they suddenly had it! And beer...well it's beer! They had every Mexican beer I know and for a couple dollars more you had again lots of international beer to chose from, but mostly Canadian and American. House Wine was OK ( the white one was actually good) but again, you need to pay 20-30$ a bottle to get the good stuff which we did on a couple occasion.
Rooms : The rooms are nice, they have separate living room from your bed area. Lots of room and the terrace to relax with your coffee in the morning or drink in the afternoon. I RECOMMEND Blocks 30-35 2nd level, close to the beach! Or block 10 if you want to be halfway.
All of the rooms have been renovated in the last years.. that's the only reason I don't recommend Platinum if you want free WiFi.
Overall it is a gorgeous resort and worth every penny! I would definitely go back for a 4th time...but then again, there's so much of them to try!! Majestic Colonial in April is my next destination. I'll be back at BAVARO PRINCESS tho!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana