Me and my wife just returned from a 1 week stay at the Bavaro Princess All suite Resort and spa. Over all it was a very nice experience. This was our first trip to the Caribbean and Punta Cana. We had booked a regular suite room, when we checked into our room (i believe in the 86__ series), we were not very happy with the room as the curtains has stains over them; in the washroom the shower was broken with tiles not properly put together, etc. We went back to the front desk to let them know and were planning to upgrade our room to Platinum, but Jonny at the front desk was very helpful and upgraded us to Honeymoon suite in the 62__ series. The new rooms were a bit away from the beach, but at the same time we were a bit closer to the main reception area/Buffet area. They were also newly renovated. Jonny from the front desk was kind enough to escort us to the new room and made sure we were happy with the new room they gave us. This room was newly upgraded with new washroom and furniture.
The resort is very big and is very nice, and also has an ecological park in the middle of the resort. The resort has lots of palm trees and natural habitat. When I compare this resort with other resorts, the one thing that I liked about this resort was it was natural. When you go to other resorts, like Hard-Rock, etc, the resort and all the natural beauty around is all built; whereas in this it was very natural, or at least it felt very natural.
Regarding the food, there are 6 ala-cart restaurants. The International Buffet, Asian, and the Japanese were among the nicer ones then the others. Also one thing that I would recommend with the food menu is every day they should change it for the 7 days. At the Ala-cart restaurants you see the same food every day. Which gets a bit boring. The main Buffet was ok. Because many people go there, the waiter and the servers are not able to cater to your personal needs because of volume. Food vise I would give it 3 out of 5.
The last day at our Resort, was not the greatest as our bathroom got flooded from the drain while having shower. We complained to the front desk but after like 2-3 times complaining someone came to take a look. Since it was the night time, they fixed it temporarily but then the next day we noticed the same problem. We were checking out so did not bother much.
The resorts animation team makes a good effort to entertain us at night. One of the night they performed Lion King. Throughout the day they also engage you with activities.
There is a Grill/bar at the beach, I would like to see chicken burgers also being served other than the regular hamburgers.
The beach area was nice and secure. We saw resorts security roaming around to make sure all was safe. You can walk on the beach in either direction; there is one resort after another, and lots of people walking around.
We went to Punta Cana in January which is considered their cool season. Due to which we experienced 3 days with showers. If you want it to be +30 degrees, then wait till like March/April.
Over all I would give it 3.5 to 4 out of 5 for this resort. This resort was almost full when we went, seems to be a lot popular for a lot of Europeans as we saw many of them there.
Richard at the concierge was great and was very informative in regards to which excursions to take.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana