We traveled as a group of 6 to this resort for 7 days in the beginning of January. The vacation started off with a hiccup as we had booked as a group, and the majority of our group was booked in Junior Suites at the front of the resort, and the rest were in regualr suites closer to the beach. This was likely the fault of the company who we booked with, but it did take a few hours to resolve. We ended up paying a little extra to have a suite that was closer to the beach. This resort is beautiful in that the rooms are in "villas" vs a long hotel style resort, with each villa housing 4 suites. The grounds were exceptionally well taken care of, and there is a shuttle that comes every few minutes to take vacationers to the beach, the main lobby etc. Our suites were placed in the middle of the resort, therefore we walked everywhere, which was convenient to work off all the food we ate.
The beach on this resort is beautiful! Clean, well maintained, and there were always enough shade and cabanas to go around. We took a walk down the strip, and we all agreed that our beach was the best one. I will say that our trip was very windy however, and there were some days that it was better to be by the pool to avoid eating mouthfuls of sand.
The food is average... there was always something to eat, however I would suggest avoiding the "italian" restaurant if you really enjoy pasta. The fish a-la-carte was excellent as was the japanese. Breakfast is great, I suggest getting a fresh omelette from Leonel.
The night entertainment was okay... there were plenty of amusing drunk patrons who were fun to watch, and the DJ was okay.. however after 7 days, I never want to hear the Gagnam Style again. He needs to learn to mix it up.
This resort does not have a disco on the premesis. There is a casino on the resort which has a disco, but it was always empty. There is a shuttle that takes you off resort to a disco where it is free entry for resort vacationers, however not all inclusive and alcohol is quite expensive ($7 american for a beer).
We went off resort twice, once across the street to look at the shops where I found the owners to be overly agressive. If you have a chance, walk down the beach to the market. There are lots of deals to be had, however remember to BARTER. They will rip you off if they see the chance.
Overall, this was a relaxing vacation consisting of sleeping, swimming, relaxing and drinking. The resort was beautiful, and service great. I would recommend this resort, however if it's "partying" you're looking for, I wouldn't suggest it. There are lots of families, and you have to leave the resort to do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana