“Pretty good place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #31 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Otterville
“Pretty good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went to this resort in 2010. Although it is a beatifully kept resort, the rooms were in need of some renovating. We travelled with another couple and they too had trouble. Their hallway to the bathroom had an inch of water in it all week. There was a small leak and although the mantenance crew tries to stop it with, they couldn't. The resort was full so there was no option to move to another room. Our room was on the ground floor, and I understand that bugs exist in caribbean countries, these bugs were huge, bigger then a cockroach. I bought bug spray, spryed the rom, left for the day and there were over 50 bugs found, in our bed, tub, all over the floor. I wasn't really afraid of them, it just made geetting up in the middle of the night scary,, crunch, crunch.
Other then the room issues the rest of the resort was beautiful, food was actually better then most resorts we've been to and the staff was always courteous and patint. The resort was very busy and they still found time to joke and be personal with the patrons.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Holley D

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my second trip to the hotel. It was very nice. The hotel did major renovations and I must say, I love the the new and improved Bella Pasta and El Gaucho. As usual the grounds are beautiful and magnificently kept.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Shakarah C
Rego Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great and beautiful resort, spacious, nice clean beach and amazing staff members. I just got back today (Jan 23rd) with my friends ad we really loved the stay. The food had a lot to choose from, the activities in the pool and beach were amazing! Great night shows and disco dancing. I would recommend this place to a friend and do se myself returning. Yours truly, Simkho (Sinko)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Simkhob
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This has been the 4 time at this resort, 8th time to the DR and we have always enjoyed but something seemed wrong. There was only three al a carte restaurants open on any given night. Full breakfast was always available at the beach restaurant. They only offer a continental at 10:30am, why go to a resort if you cant get coffee and food and watch the sunrise? And Licey's the upscale restaurant was not even open. We discovered that people who had been there two times or more received Platinum privileges, complimentary fruit basket, etc. Carlos Felix, was tremendous( class act, was the best employee I have ever meet in the DR) he tried to accommodate all wishes but there were things he just couldn't do. I wasn't looking for anything more from Bavaro, but my expectations were not met with this stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Craig E
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Back for fourth time and will be back. Nice renovations to the 3 restaurants by the beach (steak, pasta and seafood). About time for the enlargement of the Platinum beach section. Juan and others in Platinum section still gets things done efficiently resulting in GREAT service as always. With the addition of the new seafood restaurant (not part of all included) the menu at the old seafood (part of all included) has been depleted; hence no longer my favourite! Also found the condiment selection at all salad bars to have seriously shrunk.
The place still rates quite well and the level of service in Platinum renders this place good value for the money

Room Tip: Go Platinum
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ottawaandrew
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This resort is huge! The grounds are beautifully landscaped, the staff is very accomodating and friendly and the food is good quality. The beach, turquoise water and white sand complete the picture. The resort is very clean and attention is paid to detail. Highly recommended for a wedding!

Room Tip: Platinum Rooms are directly on a private beach.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 41traveller
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at the Bavaro Princess week of January 13-20 and had a fantastic time. Just to give you a background, it was myself and my husband (30's), our son (almond 3 yrs) and husband's parent's (seniors). This was our 7th all-inclusive (been to Cuba 4x, Mexico and Punta Cana) and would honestly rank this in the top 3 we've been to.

The beach was beautiful and we never had to wake up early to reserve chairs. We were usually at the beach by 10am and always found lots of empty spots, although if you wanted one under a palapa, it was harder to find. My in-laws were at the beach about 30 min earlier than us and always got a palapa for themselves, so I don't think it was too hard. We never had issues finding loungers by the pool either, regardless of the time of day.

The food was actually pretty good here! There are quite a few a la cartes to choose from and you don't make reservations which I liked. We only tried one (my son can't really sit long at the table, husband parents watched him that night lol), and it was good. It was no big deal that we only tried one becuase the variety of food at the buffet changed nightly to go with the theme. Dinenr was never repetative. Some of the themes were Mexican, Asian, Russian, French, etc. There was a crepe station too (loved the chocolate banana crepes, yumm), and they would grill different meats/fish on different nights. One evening I had grilled calamari and it was so fresh and delicious, it was so tender and not rubbery like the ones I've had at even nice restaurants at home. There was a buffet at the beach too... although it was smaller, still good food - I had the roasted chicken every day because it was mouth-watering and perfectly spiced, so yummy! The Dominicans know how to do meat and fish, unlike Cuba lol! It was nice to have a grill on the beach too where you can get a burger, fries or hot dog.

The drinks were very good too. I was happy to see the Banana Mamas and Coco Locos in the slushy machines at the bars, they were yummy each time! (last time I was in Punta Cana, I loved these drinks, but it was done in a blender so tasted different each time).

If you have kids who love animals, they will love this resort. There were plenty of peacocks, ducks, turtles, huge fish, geese, roosters, and many others just walking around or swimming in the ponds near the lobby. Many of them come right up to you once you start feeding them. My son was so excited everyday and asked us if we can go see the turtles or feed the ducks. The mini disco at night was great too, my son loved dancing (this coming from a kid who never dances at home and tells me to shut the music off when I try to get him to!)

The only complaint I have about this resort are the hard beds, but that's pretty much the same complaint I have about all resorts! Also, some of the sales people around the lobby are a bit pushy (I think they're selling time share properties, same thing happened to us last time in D.R.), and one night there was a market where they were selling jewelry, souveniers, etc, and noticed the same pushy sales tactics which I'm not really a fan of. Still, with those small complaints, it didn't bring down our vacation at all.

Our entire family loved the Bavaro Princess and would recommend it for a great vacation :)

Room Tip: I asked for a room close to the beach, and was initially sad that we didn't get one, BUT worked...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family