We stayed at the Bavaro Princess week of January 13-20 and had a fantastic time. Just to give you a background, it was myself and my husband (30's), our son (almond 3 yrs) and husband's parent's (seniors). This was our 7th all-inclusive (been to Cuba 4x, Mexico and Punta Cana) and would honestly rank this in the top 3 we've been to.
The beach was beautiful and we never had to wake up early to reserve chairs. We were usually at the beach by 10am and always found lots of empty spots, although if you wanted one under a palapa, it was harder to find. My in-laws were at the beach about 30 min earlier than us and always got a palapa for themselves, so I don't think it was too hard. We never had issues finding loungers by the pool either, regardless of the time of day.
The food was actually pretty good here! There are quite a few a la cartes to choose from and you don't make reservations which I liked. We only tried one (my son can't really sit long at the table, husband parents watched him that night lol), and it was good. It was no big deal that we only tried one becuase the variety of food at the buffet changed nightly to go with the theme. Dinenr was never repetative. Some of the themes were Mexican, Asian, Russian, French, etc. There was a crepe station too (loved the chocolate banana crepes, yumm), and they would grill different meats/fish on different nights. One evening I had grilled calamari and it was so fresh and delicious, it was so tender and not rubbery like the ones I've had at even nice restaurants at home. There was a buffet at the beach too... although it was smaller, still good food - I had the roasted chicken every day because it was mouth-watering and perfectly spiced, so yummy! The Dominicans know how to do meat and fish, unlike Cuba lol! It was nice to have a grill on the beach too where you can get a burger, fries or hot dog.
The drinks were very good too. I was happy to see the Banana Mamas and Coco Locos in the slushy machines at the bars, they were yummy each time! (last time I was in Punta Cana, I loved these drinks, but it was done in a blender so tasted different each time).
If you have kids who love animals, they will love this resort. There were plenty of peacocks, ducks, turtles, huge fish, geese, roosters, and many others just walking around or swimming in the ponds near the lobby. Many of them come right up to you once you start feeding them. My son was so excited everyday and asked us if we can go see the turtles or feed the ducks. The mini disco at night was great too, my son loved dancing (this coming from a kid who never dances at home and tells me to shut the music off when I try to get him to!)
The only complaint I have about this resort are the hard beds, but that's pretty much the same complaint I have about all resorts! Also, some of the sales people around the lobby are a bit pushy (I think they're selling time share properties, same thing happened to us last time in D.R.), and one night there was a market where they were selling jewelry, souveniers, etc, and noticed the same pushy sales tactics which I'm not really a fan of. Still, with those small complaints, it didn't bring down our vacation at all.
Our entire family loved the Bavaro Princess and would recommend it for a great vacation :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana