I traveled alone, in the period of 21-28 November this year, and had a wonderful stay at this resort. I opted for the Platinum Club, that offers a lot of amenities (one free massage, a gourmet dinner at Licey, free internet access at the lounge, among the highlights). But the best is the exclusive and impecable service at the Platinum Lounge provided by Mr. Martires, Rodolfo and the other boys of the staff, that were extremely friendly and helpful throughout my stay.
THE RESORT is a huge area of beautifully manicured gardens with lush greenery and water features. There is an ecological path that traverses an area of native mangrove, where one can spot birds, especially early and late in the day. The lobby and restaurants are harmonious with the local architecture, with very high ceilings and huge fans always running. I really liked the fact that the local resorts must limit their height, so that, not only the interference to the local climate is minimized, but also the visual impact: when looking from the beach there is only a slight view of the constructions behind vegetation, especially high coconut palm trees. The distance from my suite to the main building was a path of 1.2 km, that I walked several times a day. But for those who do not like to exercise, there is a train that transports guests between the various areas, every 5 minutes, on average, from 7 to 24 h. After that, you need to request at reception, that always answered very quickly.
THE SUITES are very big, clean, with good air conditioning, which is essential as it is very hot, even at this time of the year. All of them are equal, scattered in blocks of two floors, with spacious balconies. I´ve gotten one of the best, the number 744, in the upper floor, overlooking the sea, two steps from the beach. Every day the maid made a special arrangement with towel sculptures, flowers, different folds of the sheets, which I found adorable. There is also a jacuzzi (wich I didn´t have time to try), a frigorbar restocked daily and all the itens for your needs.
BEACH / POOL: The beach is beautiful, although there are many algae, which, however, are taken off daily by employees of the resorts. The sea, in beautiful shades of green, is somewhat choppy, with small but strong waves. Platinum Guests have a private fenced area, where there are chair longs and beds, as well as a private bar, but I´ve used them little, preferring the party feeling in front of the bar Chiringo II. There is a huge pool by the beach, where animation happens, and another smaller, ideal for those seeking tranquility, beside the main building.
BARS: There are several scattered, even a wet one, where drinks of all kinds are prepared by bartenders very friendly and funny. After a few days, they already knew my preferences. For drinks really well made, served in glass cup, the bar on the main lobby is great, their margaritas are very good. Don´t miss the cocktail making classes with, of course, degustation of each one, that is really hilarious.
RESTAURANTS: I´ve had breakfast every day at La Hispaniola buffet, because it opens at 7 a.m. and the other one by the beach only opens much later. The beakfast there is very good and varied, there are always people preparing omelets and some other special dishes
For lunch, I prefered the buffet El Gaucho, which is next to the beach and has a separate area for guests Platinum with air conditioning and sea views. Normally there were specialties of the sea, as "rice nero" and “paellla”, among others, and sometimes it got somewhat crowded, but the later, the better to find a nice place.
At dinner, I went several times to La Hispaniola, which every night offered typical food from a different country. Beyond that, there are more 7 restaurants and one serving snacks. I tried just the Chopin, a less varied buffet in a beautiful setting; El Pescador, which serves very good seafood and the gourmet restaurant Licey, which is not usually included, but Platinum guests have one free dinner there. It's very beautiful, more sophisticated, but I considered the lobster a little overcooked, although the rest was good. And I went one night to El Pilon, at Tropical Princess, a resort close by that belongs to the same group, because they serve Dominican specialties, which I wanted to know better, and also liked the food, served in a charming place.
I´ve heard very positive comments from guests about the other restaurants, but, anyway, I´ve prefered going to buffets instead of menu restaurants, since these, although better, have a slower service, and after dinner there is plenty to do in the resort.
EXCURSIONS: as I was recently in Cancun, where I did all the excursions and activities possible, similar to those offered here, I´ve just decided to go to Isla Saona. I hired the tour with the company Hotel Beds, who had arranged my airport transfer (by Princess website), and whose representative in the hotel lobby, Fareste, was very friendly and helpful during all my stay. The tour includes a fun catamaran trip, with lots of Caribbean dances aboard, and return by speedboat, stopping at the beautiful island, and after a dip in the "natural pool". It is somewhat tiring, since it is necessary go to Baiahybe, from where the boats depart, which is about an hour by bus. The lunch on the island was very bad, there´s no wildlife on the way, but it was worth the fun.
The best activity outside the resort I did was parasailing, by the Seapro company, which has a kiosk on the beach just off the resort, and it was amazing. Thanks to Carlos, from Seapro, that found me on the beach in my last day there for tell me that the wind was weaker and I could finally fly.
ENTERTAINMENT: This was the best part of the trip. The fun games, aerobics and Caribbean dances classes occur several times every day at the beach and at the poolside, organized by the excellent animation team. Robert, Alex, Happy Face and all the other guys on the team are extremely friendly, funny, full of energy and were mainly responsible for the days were so fun.
At night, there are dance performances, comedy and music shows at the theatre. At some nights plays the excellent Princess Band with the fantastic Leidybell and other two great singers, whose names (sorry) I forgot. After the show, there is a track where everybody dances (or tries to) the Caribbean rhythms learned in the classes, as well as dance music. For those who have breath, there's the casino and annexed to it a disco that also plays the delicious bachatas, salsa and merengue. On one of the nights there was a lively beach party too. If you are a "moving person" like me, this resort is your place.
OVERALL, I loved the resort. There are only a few drawbacks, however, that in no way reduce the brightness of travel:
- There are some cages for birds, now empty, which I hope are definitely disabled, because it makes no sense to have animals trapped in a site that aims to be environmentally friendly.
- Just as I hope that won´t be allowed anymore photos with wildlife like macaws, cockatoos (which are even not from the region) and monkeys, which are offered to guests in the resort area.
- And despite the constant efforts of the cleaning staff, one can see plastic cups, straws and cigarette butts here and there and on the beach. In this case, I think that the only way should include in the program good manners lessons to certain tourists.
Thanks a lot to all the staff and hope come back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Otel, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana