Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milton, Canada
“"Amazing"”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My daughter and I decided last minute to go on a vacation. After reading reviews and seeing pictures we chose the Bavaro Princess. Our trip was amazing from start to finish. The resort was incredible - we enjoyed the choice to walk to the lobby or the beach and we could also take a shuttle if we chose...our suite was perfect ,the pool and area was very clean and the entertainment staff made us feel very welcome - the pool bar and staff were incredible, the beach area was not too crowded and we had no problems finding a palm umbrella with extra chairs. The food was plentiful and usually very tastey - the resort was renovating restaurant areas and went out of its way to set up extra buffets and provide a la carte meals at other restaurants. The maids, security, wait staff, front desk and garden staff were fantastic - always made us feel welcome. I have to say a special thanks to Carlos Felix (Concierge) who went above and beyond to make our vacation special. I had lost my reading glasses at the airport and he arranged for the pharmacy to send a selection. I am not sure how I would have made it through the week without being able to read! He was always available to answer questions or fix a problem. I would recommend this resort to anyone wanting a peaceful, worry free vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Kim M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,868)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Forest Hills, NY
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel buildings and grounds were absolutely beautiful. This was my first time at this resort. The pools and the beach were delightful - with palm umbrellas and lounges very available. I was with a big group and our travel agent strongly recommended we stay at Bavaro Princess. The restaurants were all wonderful - there was even a barbeque station on the beach at lunchtime. The personnel were so friendly and helpful that it was like staying with friends. There were shows each evening - and the performers were very talented (I see many Broadway plays in NYC each fall/winter season and know talent when I see it!). Our suites were just that - and truly magnificant - I actually took several photos so the people back home could actually see where I called home for a week. Needless to say, I certainly would like to return.!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Joan D
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Sept 25th to Oct 2nd

- Shuttled directly to the platnium lounge with our luggage, than taken to our room

- Room was very nice and clean
- Shower did leak
- Room serve sucks. Expect 40minutes to an hour for food to be delivered (cold)
- Maid service was hit or miss (always remember to put request for maid service card in door)

- Went to the main buffet every morning for breakfast, great variety
- Leonel makes great omlettes, makes jokes, always smiling

- Platnium beach was clean, very nice to have sun beds
- Carlos was the bartender for the platnium side and was very friendly, always smiling

- El Gaucho (steakhouse), excellent
- Bella Pasta (pasta), excellent, went twice in newly renovated restuarant, beautiful
- Tanuki (japanese), good, had better
- Licey (french), very good, only open Wed. & Sun.
- McPrincess serves burger/hotdogs on the beach, tastes good., El Gaucho also on the beach is open for lunch buffet
- Main buffet changes theme everynight for dinner

- Entertainment also very good

- Day trip with REEF EXPLORER, booked with Sunwing Rep (Richard)
- Cost about $250US for 2 ppl
- Trip to flooding spa
- About 4hr day trip
- Swam with string rays, sharks, snorkelling, 20minute massage and snacks included
- Guibert was our guide on the trip

- Lobby piano bar had great service, drinks were always made the same
- Favs were Presidente beer, Pina Colada, Miami Vice, Strawberry Daquiri

** BEWARE **
- Many vendors will rush you in the lobby area to purchase their products, or trips, etc.
- Book trips with your travel representive
- Same goes for the guys on the beach

Free Transportation to SAN JUAN Shopping Mall
- Nice variety of shops, food, even an IKEA

- If more adventurous there is shopping if you walk out of resort and go left, but be prepared to have the locals swarm you

WILL RETURN IN THE NEAR FUTURE

Room Tip: #733 (2nd floor) 2 minute walk to platnium beach 2 minute walk to platnium lounge 2 minute walk t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at the Bavaro Princess last April for our third time. Last year (2011) we went to Dreams Palm Beach to try something different and decided we wanted to return to the BP this year. I just recently booked next year’s trip to return to the BP. I was amazed how some of the staff remembered us even though we had not been there for two years. We always book through Apple and always book the Platinum rooms. We enjoy the little extras of Platinum such as the Platinum lounge, the private beach area, the Top shelf liquor, and the chance to make dinner reservations for the week all in one sitting. This year we tried the option of eating at one of the other Princess resorts restaurants. We booked our reservation at the Platinum lounge, got transported to the resort from the Platinum lounge and then picked up after dinner at a prearranged time. It was a blast. It gave us an opportunity to try something new and see a different resort. We will certainly be doing more of this in our future visits. The beach is what really brings us back. Couldn't ask for a better beach. The local salesmen don’t really bother you. A quick no and they leave you alone. We have never been approached for a timeshare pitch in all the years we have been going. We love the largeness of the resort as my wife loves the sport of “People Watching”. I realize this review rambles a little bit, but feel free to contact me with any specific questions. In short, we feel the Bavaro Princess is our little “Vacation Home”

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank kbarry02861
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have just came back from the Bavaro Princess September 14, 2012 to September 28 2012 this is our 5th time at this resort, but this is the first time that I have written a review
Again the staff is amazing at this resort, we lost a $600 camera in a case with all extras (spare batters, 16gig memory card) the driver of the shuttle bus Juan Fliex handed it in to the reception area, and we were thrilled to get the camera back
This is also our first time to stay in the main pool area it was a blast, the entertainment crew where great fun. Robert and Michael seem to be in control of all the actives, these Guys were everywhere. I have seen them at the beach Party covered in gold paint looking like a statue, taking a group of visitors on a bicycle ride around the complex, and at the nightly shows like the Loin King.
We have seen a huge improvement in the Buffet Restaurants from our last visit. For our 2 week stay we did not go hungry, I know because I gained 10lbs, we had so many choices ever night there was a different theme night (Spanish, Mexican, French food) No lineups to tables for meals at the Buffett, this resort is going through a lot of renovations, the seafood restaurant on the beach has been fully renovated it was not open when we there but it should be soon, it look amazing
The lobby bar is where we went for a drink at night, Again the Bar Staff where great, Dolce was the only lady working with 2 men and she ran that Bar, I walked back to our room at least 3 times around 3am and had no problems
The beach is just gorgeous and clean, we did not sit there this time we just walked, one day we went to the left and the other we went to the right, again no problems on the beach we had a few locals trying to get to go into their hotel but we just said no,
As far as I could tell there where plenty of chairs on the beach
We stayed down near the beach /main pool area this time it was very covenant. The room was great it had a king size bed and the maid was there every day to clean.
I would recommend this resort and we hope to back soon

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Derek1387
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the Bavaro Princess Suites in May 2012. I had an incredible time. I traveled with a group of about 50 people and the resort was very accommodating. We were greeted with cool towels and drink in a coconut.
We booked through Apple vacations and the hotel provided a cocktail party for our group and also a group dinner at the Steak House on the final night. We danced the night at way at the cocktail party. Carlos was our representative that helped us throughout the week and I couldn't say enough great things about him. He was honestly like a little angel and always around when you needed anything at all.

The room was beautiful and clean. The entire facility was kept very clean as well. It was never hard to get to one of the many bars to get a drink.

The only thing that was not my favorite was the food options. There are long waits are certain restaurants so we were not able to get into them. We ended up eating at the buffets a couple nights and they did not have the greatest quality of selections. Outside of scheduled meal hours, there was not much to eat other than the beach grille so we were stuck with hot dogs or hamburgers if we missed lunch.

We utilized the free kayaks that were available and that was a lot of fun. The beach was beautiful and the water was very clear. It was still early in summer, so the resort was not extremely crowded. We were always able to get a chair or cabana at the pool or beach.

The shows were entertaining. The staff was extremely friendly and pleasant the entire week.

Overall I had an amazing experience at the Bavaro Princess Suites.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ginger B
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had a great time. Everything was excellent. The staff was great. The entertainment meat were excellent. U would like to thank Michel and Robert from the animation team for going out of their way to make sure I was always having a great time. Thanks guys both of u are great people. Hope to see u guys soon.

• Stayed September 2012