“Fourth time and planning for the next visit,...can't wait to be home. DIVA”

Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
Ranked #38 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Fourth time and planning for the next visit,...can't wait to be home. DIVA”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Once again I have to say I had an awesome amazing time, this was my second visit since march, and I was so delighted with this visit, the staff was very fun energetic friendly polite n most entertaining to all of us guest. I have the up most respect to the animation team, they really put hard work and dedication to keep us active n enjoyin our stay in the resort. Michel Peralta Edecer deserves great recognition as paying tribute to September 11, and doing a great job. Thank you he was awesome!. Overall my stay there was great, I'm back home now and all I do is brag to my friends about bavaro princess resort, I'm planning my next visit, with or without my friends..is a must that I return.thanks once again to the whole staff in the resort for making my vacation unforgettable.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank ar1es415

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,884)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 17, 2012

First, I have to say that I read the reviews before going so I was a little worried. When I got there, my worry quickly faded. We were immediately greeted with cold towels and endless drinks. We had Mamajuana shots, Presidente, and tropical drinks to enjoy all before leaving the front desk! The staff, in my honest opinion, are literally the nicest, hardest working, amazingly accommodating people I have ever been around! I think the bad reviews are a little tough and it just depends on what you want from your vacation. If you do not speak spanish, or are not going with anyone who does, you may have a hard time communicating and getting results for a service request. My brother who went speaks spanish so I had no problems. If something needed tending to, I had him translate and I was immediately accommodated,. the grounds are very well kept, the rooms were beautiful and much more than I expected. Special thanks to Claudio! The entire staff was great, but Claudio was the ultimate help for us! The food was overall really good. A few dishes that had me scratching my head, but overall very good. I found the things I liked most, and stuck to those. I WILL certainly go back next year!

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are very convenient...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Bori P
mississauga
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just came back and want to go again. We travelled as a family of four(parents and kids-12 and 9). Right upfront we were upgraded to a platinum with no extra charge. All of the Canadians we talk to were also upgraded. It is a slow season, resort was not full and to our advantage. No lineups to tables for meals, no reserving loungers by the pool or on the beach and the price was great. Suites were nice and very clean. We received room with king size bed and additional 2 twin beds. We had our towels changed twice daily. Food was great and plenty (gained about 7 lbs). We never went to a la carte. Yes, resort is very big, but there is a shuttle service running all the time and it was an additional attraction for our kids. If you travel with kids, find Alexandra from kids club. She is amazing keeping kids busy with lots of fun activities: darts, painting, ping pong, dance party with snacks just for kids, marengue class, just to name a few. Because there was not a lot of kids, she always found my kids and got them involved. Also, if you are staying by the pool, you will come across animation team. What a funny bunch to be around.Look for Michel and Melvin. Those two guys are really good with the day activities as well as evening entrentaiment. I loved the 12 and 3:30 pool aerobics. We bought a Country Safari Adventure trip from Karim, our Sunwing rep. 8-5 trip took as thru the village, cocoa plantaion, coffee plantation. We went to school, typical houshold and also included horseback riding, lunch at a ranch and boogy boarding on Macao beach. Fun.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank saba69
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I spent loads of time reading reviews before I left, while they had me prepared, they will scare you more than needed.

Yes, the food is not the greatest. But you will not starve. I had good food sporadically. I took full advantage of the grill at the beach. That food will balance the rest of the trips. The buffet food isn't the greatest, but I was always able to find a small amount that was edible and kept me from starving. It is quite warm in the buffet, but you are in a tropical setting, it is going to be hot. The staff in the buffet is awfully nice. A "gracias" goes a LONG way.

I went with a group of almost 30 people. Our hotel appointed representative, Tony, went well above and beyond to make our trip fabulous. A huge "gracias" to him!!

My hotel room was close to the beach (def worth requesting). The room was average. The beds are hard, and no real water pressure, but I was on vacation, I didn't come to live in my room. The AC worked well, and was a relief when I wanted a break from the sun.

The grounds are well manicured. There is a trolley that goes around the grounds to take you around. The line can be a bit crazy, but the walk isn't bad. So if I missed a trolley or it was busy, the walk was fine with me.

The main thing about the resort is this is vacation, get a drink (the bar near the front desk is AWESOME), throw on a bathing suit, and enjoy your trip! The staff works hard, so bring plenty of $1 bills to bless the staff. They don't expect it, and work hard even if you don't tip. However, there is no need to be stingy!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Luv2travel2215
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2012

we just spend a week at this resort we rented 2 suite they were very clean updated nice layout
towels are changed twice a day , clean sheets everyday
same at the pool clean towels are available all day and chairs
the food was good buffet has lots of choices grill food
unbeilievable desert made by pastry chef
huge selection of cheese
specially the goncho steak house is has good has the Keg
the staff is friendly smiles a lot and do not wait for a tip , though they do appreciated it
it is a 4 stars hotel in many respect
we truly had a perfect vacation
entertaiment is great a band with 3 singers made us cried their voices unreal
the biggest disco 2000 people capacity ** Imagine ***offers free pick up at the hotel
very nice casino at the resort very polite staff
totally recommanded this hotel
familys are welcome

Room Tip: ask for building 2 to 34 or 80 and up
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank 155032Lorraine
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The hotel complex is huge but the suites are like small condos. Very nice rooms, always clean.
The buffet is in the average. I did not try a restaurant but I heard from other clients that the japanese is excellent.
The staff is great!! From the gardener to the barman, they all salute you with a big smile.
The beach is always kept clean. The view is breathless and the water is perfect.
I went to Saona island. The guide, Fausto Number 2 (they are two Fausto), was amazing with his information during the 90 minutes bus ride. Once you get there, you either take a speed boat or a catamaran to get to the island. It is one or the other in the morning and the other one at the end of the day. I got the speed boat in the morning. You stop in the blue lagoon wich was breathtaking. I was in 3 feet of water at 500 feet from the shore with starfishes. The island was nice but the beach just got hit by Isaac so it was full of corals and shells. The catamaran is best in the afternoon because of the openbar aboard :)
The thing I liked the most at the hotel was the beach and pool area for the animation. They were unbelievable. They work all day for us dancing their %$& off. They give you a show every single night at the lobby. Thanks to:Juan Carlos, Lenny,Alex, Melvin, Claudio and Michel. You made this trip unforgetable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank stephrobi
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I went with my parents to the Bavaro Princess from 7-28-12 to 8-4-12. This resort spans a lot of space, which is nice because you feel like you're in a secluded community. Maybe not like the Darma Project in Lost, but it feels pretty cool. There is a diverse ecological system ranging from lush trees to different passive birds and animals roaming around. The beach is always the highlight of the resort and it makes the place shine. The sand is soft and white while the water soothes the eyes with its turquoise.

The food on the resort was on par above average. The buffets have an open air setup which can cause you to sweat if there isn't a breeze. This resort tries to spice up its offerings by providing 6 different restaurants to choose from for dinner. There's a steakhouse, seafood, Italian, Japanese Tappanayaki, 2 international buffets, and an Asian restaurant. Please arrive early or else the line to get into any sit down restaurant could be well over 30 mins. I recommend the seafood and steakhouse restaurants. The choice of beef and seafood were cooked fresh and flavorful.

The rooms were set up like a suite. They looked a bit dated, but had a nice Caribbean feel to them. The colors were live and vibrant, but the structure was showing its age.

As long as you temper your expectations, you should have a wonderful time. There is one big pool with a swim up bar, and one smaller pool for children and families. If you want some exercise, you can walk all around the resort to see the birds and vegetation. As long as you take your time to relax, this resort will meet all your needs. If you want a 5 star super luxurious experience, then this place isn't for you. My parents had a great time soaking in the sun and waves and that's what we were looking for. On one last note, there is no free internet, but you can access free wifi from the Royal Holiday building if you talk to a royal holiday representative. I do not recommend their sales pitches, but free internet is always a luxury.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family