11,906 results
All reviewsplatinum loungebella pastaplatinum packagebungalow suiteplatinum beachplatinum sectionjustin bieberplatinum servicemain lobbyel pescadorlobby buffeta la carte restaurantsseafoodthe lion kinganimation teamdominican republicsteak
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Our family was thrilled this resort is still as beautiful as we remembered and welcomed by many familiar faces! Stayed April 6-13 and total of 13 family members (9 adults/4 kids). The first time we visited in June 2010 there were 5 of us and we came back with extended family and all booked Platinum. I contacted the hotel's Platinum concierge for guest services in advance of our trip and requested the same room we stayed in previously because it was nicely located between the Platinum lounge and beach and quiet since off the tram path. First of all Martires Ruiz responded to my email within 5 minutes of sending and we received the exact same room (727) as before with my family all around us (4 more rooms). I cannot say enough how appreciative we were and how great it was to be together. Here is a summary:

Check-in/Rooms: quickly taken to Platinum lounge for speedy check-in and all in rooms within 30 minutes; meticulously clean room and just love the porch for lounging. Upon arrival our porch had two standard chairs and not the adirondack lounge chairs most of the Platinum porches had (perhaps previous room occupants changed for some reason) Our maid Ivonne stopped by to check on our room (by the way she was excellent!). I mentioned to her I preferred the lounge chairs and within10 minutes the chairs were replaced with the loungers.
Towel art and flowers daily; turn down service in the evening and one day we inadvertently left the safe open. Ivonne grabbed my husband and told him it was open. Beds were just fine comfort wise and no issues.

Beach- Resort was at capacity so even staying Platinum we had to play the towel game to get chairs with a palapa for shade. My husband would head out every day between 6-6:30 AM daily to get a spot. After breakfast we were on the beach as we prefer to the pool and we truly did spend the entire day on the beach until 5 PM or later. Since we were on the beach daily and all day we observed many reserved palapas and guests would not come until late afternoon or hardly there at all. This really is not fair to other guests. The interesting thing was since there was 6 family members in our immediate party by husband would reserve two side by side palapas and we were definitely occupying both the entire day. One day I was at one reading and chatting with my cousin and my husband and brother-in-law were seated with the kids stuff at the one next to us. My brother in law got up to get a drink and my husband walked down to the water for a dip. The next thing I know this woman and her husband sat down in their chairs. I said excuse me those are occupied. She was German and very adamantly replied "Nein!". I said you cannot just come and take over a palapa when we are using it. She responded no one has been here for two hours. I indicated she was quite wrong and there are people that do that, but we are not those people and she needed to move. Needless to say, my husband returned was very friendly and indicated these are our spots and no problem if they need some shade and would like to sit for a bit, but once our other family members return from getting drinks the would have to leave- needless to say she said she was staying put and refused to leave. It was quite the stand-off! I have NEVER experienced a situation like this. Her and her husband eventually left, but it went on for about 30 minutes and quite relieved my children were not around to hear the context of the exchange. It did not ruin our day, but quite shocking nonetheless. Who does that? We are American and I find it interesting that we get the reputation for rudeness. I go out of my way to be polite and dispel that stereotype. Quite frankly the resort does cater to a lot of Europeans and they were the ones that we noticed very rude behavior to other guests and the staff. We did have two extremely kind French speaking couples that were so pleasant and nice to our children. Thank you! The beach is beautiful- could walk for hours. My only advice- do NOT book any trips from "The King" on the beach! He tried to do a bait and switch on us. We had a group of 11 that wanted to go on a snorkel trip our last day. We had children to some older folks and did not want to book the small outboard boat with no ladder for $35 pp. He indicated for 11 people and $50 a person he could get us a 29 ft catamaran with a platform type ladder- 3 hour trip. We showed up at the designated 10 AM time and there was one of the small outboard boats and "Come on Family let's go". I said wait a minute is that boat taking us to the catamaran? They responded "no that is your boat". Once again we had a problem, but it was sorted out and eventually all our money returned. The King never showed his face that day. I also had a massage by Lucy on the beach and it was lovely.

Food- Breakfast daily at the Platinum section in the El Gaucho/Beach buffet restaurant was great. No need to go up to the main buffet on the tram. Julia our daily waitress was lovely and attentive. Fave meal of the day- great omelettes served with a smile!
Lunch fave tended to be burgers and fries at Mc Princess grill. Always good, but the staff their really needs to be doubled at a minimum. At prime lunch hours one person cannot keep up and really not fair to them.
Dinner fave was main buffet or Bella Pasta. Platinum guests do get a reservation option so no waiting this is a nice improvement over last visit.
Drinks are just OK; house red wine in the evening was nice

Pool- clean, but noisy so tend to just visit briefly and leave. They did have inflatable slides for the kids a couple of days, but charged $10 per child. I thought this was a bit ridiculous.

I love this resort and would recommend to family/friends. If I had to offer any recommendation to the resort it would be to have more trams running as the resort was at capacity with Easter break. There were several instances were waited and waited to get a seat on the tram and some where we finally gave up and walked. It really is not that far from beach to main lobby. It was maybe 5 minutes and my 74 mother-in-law did it with us just fine. Fortunately it was a lovely night. Or maybe even offer a special Platinum guest tram.

Don't listen to the negatives and let little things or other rude guests irritate you and how could you not love this resort?

Room Tip: Go Platinum
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank ColWoody
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Amazing pool close to the beach, in/pool bar very enjoyable ! Fantastic beach ....
Very friendly staff.
Global buffet is just average, but the specialized restaurants are really ok
Just one poor topic : animation and night life ... Don\t go there to heavily party, it won't make it (unless you move out of the hotel at night, which is not always super easy...).
No wifi in rooms, and wifi in main lobby upon payment, this is so bad ...
But global appraisal : excellent !!!

Room Tip: Rooms close to the looby part slightly worse than promised, require some refreshment, but anyhow nobody goes to Bavaro to spend days in rooms ...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank marcowarsaw
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The resort is beautiful and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. However, Carlos (our concierge) went above and beyond the call of duty to take care of our group's every need. He is an exemplary member of the Bavaro Princess' staff.

Kudos to Carlos...

Room Tip: There are no 'ocean view' rooms. The platinum suites are 8 unit 'pods' within a short walk to the beach. Some rooms on the second level of each pod have an ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kima_Burkman
Reviewed April 20, 2012

my family and friends just got back. We went from april 9 - 16. I found the hotel rooms beautiful
and clean, room service was great and we always got a smile. The beach and pools were great and close, and the service was great.Yes you had to sometimes watch the food you ate but it along with the a-la-carts were delicious. Yes i would recomend it to any one espically families.
It also helps when you go with great company'

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank momma10
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My husband and I just got back yesterday from the Bavaro Princess. It was our first time ever booking an all inclusive and we were pleasantly surprised. For the price we paid plus the platinum upgrade we though the resort was wonderful. We stayed in building 74 and were steps from the beach. The beach was gorgeous and very clean. The staff at the bar in the platinum beach area were so friendly as well as the staff in the platinum lounge. The service was excellent all around. We will definitely return for another vacation.

Room Tip: Bring your own thermos or cup with a cover and straw so you're not using a new plastic cup every time on the beach. Guests that had been to the resort before came prepared versus us rookies =)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple