“Spring Break - Punta Cana”

Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
Ranked #38 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 20, 2012

WOW! We just got back from 7 nights at the Bavaro Princess in Punta Cana, this place was GREAT!!! My wife and I and friends Allan and Debbie flew out of St Louis and about 3 hours or so arrived in the Dominican Republic. After going through customs and about 30 minutes by bus, we arrived at the resort - very nice! We were greeted warmly by the reception staff, loaded on a large golf cart and transported to our rooms, this must be what it is like to be a rock star! Our rooms where a two minute walk to the pool, two bars and two restaurants and a three minute walk to the beach, almost as close as you can get - oh yeah, we were rock stars!

This is a quick description of the Bavaro Princess Resort: About eight restaurants, seven or eight bars, two outdoor pools, an awesome beach, nightly entertainment (very good!), a casino, great food, great drinks, and a staff that is unbelieveable, all of this on about 95 arces. I am currently accepting donations so I can live there permanently, contact me to donate. Thank you.

If laying around the pool or beach all day is not your thing, there are excursions going all over the place at prices that are not too bad. You can swim with the dolphins, swim with the sharks, scuba, snorkle, zipline, mud buggies, cigar factories, coffee and cocoa plantations, horseback riding and the list goes on! Some of the most fun you can have is going shopping. Walk out the front gate of the resort and there are what seems like hundreds of small shops with many of the shop owners sitting out front to entice you into their shop. You will be greeted with many "my friend" and hand shaking, don't have any fear, these guys are really nice and friendly! You will notice nothing in most of the shops have a price, these guys will try and get the most money for their wares, what I have learned is most of them will take about one third of their asking price just to make the deal, they love to "negotiate!" Upon leaving one shop, you will be greeted and led to the next and next, ... If you let them, you will be escorted into just about every shop there, when you have had enough, tell them you are leaving and may come back tomorrow. You get get some nice things at very good prices and have a lot of fun doing it, did I mention I really hate to shop normally? I really had fun shopping here.

I give the highest of recommendations for the Bavaro Princess Resort, seven nights were not enough, I think 10-14 nights would be better. Don't just sit around the resort eating and drinking the whole time, get out and see the country and definitely do some shopping in the local community. We were here for a week in March of 2012 and already are talking about a return trip for Christmas. Oh, the total cost through Apple Vacations for airfare and the all enclusive resort for seven nights; about $1,300 each.

2  Thank randys48
There are newer reviews for Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed at this resort from Feb. 29 to March 7th 2012, travelling alone with my older daughte r. After several trips to Dominican Republic, and being the first to Punta Cana, I am very glad we chose this resort. We found it truly amazing, a wonderful tropical paradise. Accommodations were more than we expected, food and entertainment excellent. The staff were impecable, all were friendly, well mannered and a delight to have known, especially Fermio, a waiter whose character was unprecidented, truly charming, classy and elegant, in fact all the staff were. We did upgrade to the Premier level which was worth the extra money, but I'm sure not absolutely necessary, as there was easy access to all parts of the resort with prompt transportation.

I have another daughter who would like to have a wedding at a resort and I really hope she will choose this one, as the setting is beautiful.

I truly feel the Dominican people go out of their way to make vacationers enjoy their stay. This is a main source of their income and we all have a lot to learn from them. Service in hotels in my own country is not as good. Most Dominican's I met spoke good, if not excellent English and I feel we should be doing a little more to learn to speak Spanish while in their country, and I met so many who were so happy to help us learn.

Let people know you love them and really enjoy what is being done for you and you'll have a wonderful time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda592
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort and Spa. This has been our best vacation to date. The management and staff were so professional and treated us like Royalty. When we arrived at the front desk, Daniel and John accomodated all our needs by putting us and our traveling companions in rooms together. Next came meeting our Apple representative, Cesar who was very eager to accomodate all our excursion needs and helped make our stay most memorable. Carlos, a valued asset to your resort, helped us with our local shopping excursions and visited with us every time he saw us around various locations on the resort property. Next came the cleaning staff, Felicia was our housekeeper and she made some absolutely awesome towel arrangements, changing the flowers up daily surprise us as we returned to our rooms each day. Rooms were very clean, spacious and much better than being in a hotel room. The Pasta restaurant was great and just enough food with such gracious appearance when served to our table. We had breakfast in the beach buffet each morning and had the pleasure of meeting Yinet who was one of our popular servers. She took time every morning to stop by our table and visit for a minute and made us all feel very special. She deserves a raise for the way she treats people and how she handled herself every day with people from all walks of life and dispositions. We are already planning our visit for later this year or next spring. This is one resort we will return to many times over.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 093 and you could see the pool and beach from the terrace. Definitely a good room...
8  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at the Bavaro Princess the week of March 4th, and have no complaints about the resort and its staff. All employees that we dealt with, from the front desk (Jean and Daniel) to the wait staff, from our chamber maid to the grounds keepers, were fantastic. Everyone at the resort seemed to genuinely want their guests to have the best vacation.
We stayed in bungalow 63x (can't remember the last digit), which is a 2 minute walk to the beach, pool, and 3 a la carte restaurants. Our room was air conditioned, very clean and comfortable, no issues at all. The mini-bar wasn't stocked to capacity, 2 cans of beer, 2 large bottles of water, and 2 bottles each of coke and sprite. We would leave a note in the fridge with a few bucks requesting more beer and water, and our fridge was full every night for the rest of our stay.
Remember that this an All-inclusive, so don't expect five star dining. The food met our expectations, the Japanese was great, while the other a la Carte were OK. Breakfast buffet was very good, and no complaints with the evening buffet, although some foods under the heat lamps get cold fast. The drinks are watered down, if you want "real" drinks tip the bartenders. We gave a 20 at the pool and beach bars at the beginning of our stay, and for the majority of our drinks, the bartender would pull a bottle from under the bar containing the real stuff.
The tour operators will hold an info session explaining how everything at the resort works and will discourage you from booking any excursions outside of them. We did 2 excursions, Stingray bay (booked via the tour operator) and the ATV adventure (booked directly, saved 100). I think the tour operators make a nice commission on the excursions. The ATVs were a blast, the swimming with stingray and sharks, although very cool...was very disappointing. You are only in the water for 15-20 min, followed by another 20 min snorkeling on the reef, the remainder of the 3 hours is spent on the boat being served a few drinks and chips, having music blasted and watching the crew dance. You will the have the opportunity to purchase a DVD of your excursion for 35 and photo for another 10 (what a scam). Do your homework for the excursions...
Saving the best for last, the beach... Awesome. Very clean, waves are perfect for kids to have fun in without having to worry too much about the undertow. People do play the towel game to reserve chairs and palapas. Still plenty of chairs for all...

Thing to remember is that you are visiting a foreign country, treat the people with respect and politeness (maybe practice some Spanish), and they will treat you like royalty.

Stayed: March 2012
10  Thank mojo1107
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Last minute trip and its was a great one. Once arrived we took a shared shutle bus which is $35 for your whole party and a lot more safer than a axi from the airport. The hotel is huge and has a lot to do the property. The front deck staff are excellence!!!! very friendly and even offered my friend and I a honeymoon suite. Now the property is huge and very spread out. they provide trollies around but after eating and the amazing buffets, you really wont mind walking back to your room. now you want a room by the beach since there's beach access, pool with swim up bar, bar and grill and restaurant. The food is ok but i stuck to hamburgers and fries. the beach and water are clean and freshing. they provide beach chairs and towels and have alot of activities and games on the beach. at night the have proformances from the staff and later on have entertainment in the casino. All of the bartends, including sexy freddy, room service cleaners, restaurant cooks and even the maintenance men are very nice and friendly. the maintenance men actually climb up the tree and pick a coconut out for you so you can drink some good old coconut water. all in all great hotel and cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank qtgayle
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just got back form Bavaro Princess. We did not upgrade and were in the 800 rooms so a very short walk to the beach, diagonal from the Plantinum lounge.Loved the location/rooms.
The rooms are very nice and clean, no plumbing issues or bug issues. The maids are excellent and the grounds are beautiful. We only saw one show - The lion king which was good. Shopped across from the complex, and they were not that pushy at all The buffets are good.
I love the layout of this place, the beach and pool are close as are the bars and restaurant one of the best layouts I have been to.
I think they could improve the specialty restaurants The Japanese and Steak were our favorites, we also ate the seafood and Italian and were not really impressed, so that would be my only suggestion.
For the money you pay I think it is a very nice place and you will enjoy it- very friendly at the front desk, maids - everyone - always smiling and helpful. I would go back!

Room Tip: close to the beach
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Ellen32
Reviewed March 17, 2012

From Mar.9th to the 16th. a group of 26 stayed at the Bavaro Princess at Punta Cana. What a GREAT Time we had. The Resort, the Pools, the Beach were all Amazing. The grounds of the resort were Beautiful and well taken care of. Our rooms were very nice, cleaned beautifully. The bartenders( Raphy and Yary) mainly they were at the swim up bar were GREAT. they were alot of fun and very friendly. I would really like to mention one person who was always around , talking with us, helping us out and in general was always there everyday and that was Carlos Felix the Apple Concierge, What a pleasure it was having him around,. He is very good at what he does, he went out of his way to see each one of us everyday, no matter where we were. We all appreciated having him there..Keep up the fine work, we will be back again.

4  Thank Jon G