WOW! We just got back from 7 nights at the Bavaro Princess in Punta Cana, this place was GREAT!!! My wife and I and friends Allan and Debbie flew out of St Louis and about 3 hours or so arrived in the Dominican Republic. After going through customs and about 30 minutes by bus, we arrived at the resort - very nice! We were greeted warmly by the reception staff, loaded on a large golf cart and transported to our rooms, this must be what it is like to be a rock star! Our rooms where a two minute walk to the pool, two bars and two restaurants and a three minute walk to the beach, almost as close as you can get - oh yeah, we were rock stars!
This is a quick description of the Bavaro Princess Resort: About eight restaurants, seven or eight bars, two outdoor pools, an awesome beach, nightly entertainment (very good!), a casino, great food, great drinks, and a staff that is unbelieveable, all of this on about 95 arces. I am currently accepting donations so I can live there permanently, contact me to donate. Thank you.
If laying around the pool or beach all day is not your thing, there are excursions going all over the place at prices that are not too bad. You can swim with the dolphins, swim with the sharks, scuba, snorkle, zipline, mud buggies, cigar factories, coffee and cocoa plantations, horseback riding and the list goes on! Some of the most fun you can have is going shopping. Walk out the front gate of the resort and there are what seems like hundreds of small shops with many of the shop owners sitting out front to entice you into their shop. You will be greeted with many "my friend" and hand shaking, don't have any fear, these guys are really nice and friendly! You will notice nothing in most of the shops have a price, these guys will try and get the most money for their wares, what I have learned is most of them will take about one third of their asking price just to make the deal, they love to "negotiate!" Upon leaving one shop, you will be greeted and led to the next and next, ... If you let them, you will be escorted into just about every shop there, when you have had enough, tell them you are leaving and may come back tomorrow. You get get some nice things at very good prices and have a lot of fun doing it, did I mention I really hate to shop normally? I really had fun shopping here.
I give the highest of recommendations for the Bavaro Princess Resort, seven nights were not enough, I think 10-14 nights would be better. Don't just sit around the resort eating and drinking the whole time, get out and see the country and definitely do some shopping in the local community. We were here for a week in March of 2012 and already are talking about a return trip for Christmas. Oh, the total cost through Apple Vacations for airfare and the all enclusive resort for seven nights; about $1,300 each.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana