Upon arriving to Punta Cana, we were told that our initial booking at the Barcelo Barvaro Palace was overbooked (everyone who was booked at the Barcelo on the Air Canada flight). Half of us were dropped off at the Paradisus Punta Cana. Our inital impression was not positive for the following reasons:
-It took almost 2 hours in line up to check in. Then we were told our room was going to be ready till 10pm (tough with a 4yr old and a 1yr old)
-Ate at the buffet while waiting for the room. Awful first impression as it is very small, not many choices compared to other all-inclusives we've been to. The cook grilled up some chicken. Upon biting into it, it was completely pink inside. Asked the waitress where the washroom, toilet, bathroom was. She only spoke Spanish and could not understand what I was asking for.
Day 2 to Day 7: Were much better. Pros and minor Cons:
Beach: Amazing beach with great beds and chairs. Compared to the other resorts nearby, this one had the best beach chairs/beds.
Pool: Great pool bar and pool along with the one at the Kids Zone
Rooms: Are room was definately the most impressive room we've ever stayed in. Completely modern with dual headed showers, impressive simulated type aquarium large wall mount, spacious with an amazing cabana bed outside (main floor room)
Ala Carte: There were 12 restaurants, 10 that we had access to for every supper without any reservations. The japanese was the exception as you had to go 45min earlier to put your name down and them come back for the dinner sittings. Great food at the majority of them.
Main Buffet: Not an impressive buffet, especially for a resort that size.
The Grill Buffet on the Beach: Pretty good spot to get lunch
Room Service: Awesome option for meals, especially for breakfast. Delivered to your room free and a wide spread of a hearty breakfast, fruit, juices, etc...
Entertainment: 5 out of 10. The shows didn't start till 10:15pm, which was a downfall with the kids. Many of the show were at the lobby bar. The 2 shows that were actually shows were the Circus and Michael Jackson one.
Resort: Very impressive Eco friendly resort with well maintained tropical grounds
Kids Zone: Great place for kids (they take kids from as young as 6months) Awesome pool for the kids
Overall, even with the minor downfalls of this resort, we would recommend it to our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the unpretentious luxury of Paradisus Punta Cana Resort. An extraordinary island retreat offering a super balance of natural and man-made wonders. Open-air architecture, featuring indigenous organic materials like raw coral and exotic hardwoods, houses an impossibly sumtuous gallery of luxury suites and an exclusive garden villa. All-inclusive and all encompassing, Paradisus Punta Cana Resort is an ocean front playground for all ages. Tennis, championship golf, every non-motorized water sport imaginable, a magnificent array of restaurants, our own casino, an incredible spa for kids, an exquisite full-service spa and health club and personal world-class service all seamlessly unite to deliver you the relaxing, romantic, carefree, fun-filled experience of a lifetime. The resort features 688 oversized suites including 143 royal service suites and 4 ambassador oceanview suites, plus a one-of-a-kind oceanfront garden villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Paradisus Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort